Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:30 PM

Author Topic: Tus League alias clans  (Read 4743 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: Tus League alias clans
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 07:52 AM »
I think you are all bored with your current clans.

Nah not at all lol, cFc just reached 7000 xD

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 08:08 AM »
juajua ill parcipate!
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline SPW

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 09:56 AM »
I think you are all bored with your current clans.

this.  :)

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 10:15 AM »
if i was bored with tdc i would ve quitted it already lolooo
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 10:44 AM »
Whilst this could be fun in theory I doubt it would be in practice, let's face it, it's already hard enough searching for a clanner, and for this to be fair alias clans would only be able to play against other alias clans. So imagine you're on #ag with your alias partner, 30 minutes looking for a clanner, then suddenly mm appears, you can't play them, because maybe you are already in MM or you're in another clan that would benefit from MM winning. There are too many scenarios in which an alias clan can take advantage, directly or indirectly, of the ladder system if they're allowed to play vs regular clans.

When everyone alias, it loses its fun. Although I'm willing to give this a try in hopes that I am wrong.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:46 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline darKz

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Throwing this in because I can:

Worms Alias League

Introduction:

The Worms Alias League is a project that Anubis and darKz came up with in 2006 (or so), basically it's a league in which you're playing under an alias nickname by default, making the whole thing more interesting and fun. It's intended to be a completely new league experience.

Features:

The system will give every player a random nickname upon registration, generated with a database (like there could be 3 components, a prefix, suffix and a number or something like that -> "SlumTiger207" for example). Each player's WormNET nationality will be UK by default. People who don't speak English so well should refrain from writing more than the usual "hf", "bl", "ns", "gg" etc. in the chat to keep up their disguise. There will be a tutorial with all the details about the perfect disguise and some hints.
The players will have to keep their real nicknames hidden and only play with their alias nicknames.
Players will not see a standings table, they will only see their own current position in the league and whether they're qualified for playoffs.
After each set of games and upon reporting games the players will see a list with all the REAL nicknames of everyone registered in the league and are entitled to make a guess at who their opponent was. The system will not show if the guess was correct or not. A correct guess will give the guesser a slight point boost and the guessed a slight point reduction (maybe this should be calculated at the end of the season, or else the players could notice a correct guess). Revealing your identity, be it intentional or not, will result in a HUGE point penalty (this will have to be proven with a screenshot or replay) and your opponents will not be allowed to guess after a game with you for the rest of the season - your name will disappear from the list (ALTERNATIVE: ban for the duration of the spoiled season).
There will not be a "recent games" page - just a page with your own recent games, details about your personal record and vague general statistics, for example how many games have been played totally.
After each season the standings table is going to be revealed with all real nicknames and their respective aliases, the wins, losses, points, correct guesses, etc etc. The "recent games" page, or rather "season history", will also be revealed with all the real names, results, replays and point gain / loss, just like it's normal in TUS.

To prevent people from aliasing the other aliasers (lol), the system could give every player a different keyword at the beginning of each season - for example "sandwich". The player with the keyword "sandwich" will have to send a whisper to himself at the beginning of each game, containing this keyword. Since the replays are not going to be published until the end of the season and the opponent can't read your own private whispers this could be a very effective way to avoid impostering. Both players would have to upload their replays in this case.

You see, Anubis and I already did some brainstorming on an alias league. :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline avirex

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 04:29 PM »
ropa.... the only thing im seeing with your post is you talking about how frustrating it would be if after asking for alias clanner for a while, your main clan comes in and your not allowed to play them.... i agree its frustrating, but oh well...

besides there will be a second combination... lets see me you are looking for an alias clanner, then my mm clan mates come on looking for a clanner.. me and you could split up then, i come on my regular name, and you MSN komo to come clanner mm...    

the alias clan will just open doors to activity.

very nice ideas darkz....  i guess it just comes down to is MI willing to code something like this?? it would have to be a complete separate league... so i guess that would require more coding...

im excited about this.. i think the most exciting thing is being able to clanner with other groups besides my clan mates, because lets face it, you become closer with the people when you clanner with them. so thats always fun, not in a gay way..all though i wanna be closer to crazy :D

btw TUS was around in 2006?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:31 PM by avirex »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 05:15 PM »
That's nice darKz. I'll put it in the leagues update. it needs more thinking though. Now we have both alias single and alias clanners ideas. Gotta plan all them to fit together.
Also ropa is right, but maybe we could reach something in between :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline sock

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 05:57 PM »
im thinking epic fail
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:03 PM by meiavelha »

Offline Husk

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 06:00 PM »
I'm thinking this will be an epic fail

Yep   :-X

Offline Anubis

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Actually the Alias League Idea has an anti-alias feature for the normal TUS Classic league.

I dunno if you guys still struggle with imposters but the keyword thing could be the solution if the system generates a new keyword every 24hours, replays are locked 24hours before public can view them so imposters will only see keywords of the past.

Just throwing it in. :)

Offline Rok

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 08:48 PM »
I'm thinking this will be an epic fail

Me too.

Actually the Alias League Idea has an anti-alias feature for the normal TUS Classic league.

I dunno if you guys still struggle with imposters...

I don't think we need that feature, aliasing is the least of the problem of this site.

Alias tournaments could work though :)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline darKz

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 09:36 PM »
btw TUS was around in 2006?

I don't think it was. I re-wrote the .txt file about Worms Alias League a couple months ago because I lost the original which was created by Kai and me in 2006 (stupid format c: and all the stuff you forget to save). So the TUS comparision wasn't from back then.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline GodiTo

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13 PM »
I think it could be fun. +1 for the idea! :)

Offline angus

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 01:07 AM »
My alias nick, will be GodiFo..