Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:44 PM

Author Topic: TUS Navigation (How to find a page in TUS)  (Read 45526 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

TUS Navigation (How to find a page in TUS)
« on: July 22, 2009, 03:37 PM »
I've seen some people complain about TUS navigation. So I try to explain TUS navigation concept here.

The Main Navigation Links
It is located at the top of each page:

These links never change, No matter in what page you are visiting or even if you are a guest or not...
These links contain individual parts on TUS.
For example:
There's 'Leagues' link. 'Forums' Link. 'Schemes' link. Each one of the links which appear on this part points to a whole individual part on TUS.

The Tabs
Ok, Once you have clicked on one of these links, You will be redirected to their specific pages.
Each one of these parts MAY have multiple sub-pages.

Normally when you are viewing a part page, You can see their pages as tabs.

For example,
The 'Leagues' part contains 'Recent Games', 'Stats', 'Playoffs', ...

The 'Groups' part contains 'List of Countries', 'List of Clans & Communities' ...

To ease of the access to these tabs, So that you won't have to first enter a parts page then click on its tab, These tabs are shown as drop down menu under each part on the Main navigation link:

For example for 'Leagues' part:

Or for 'Groups' part:

Action Panel

The action panel links changes when you browse different parts on TUS. For example when you are viewing the 'Leagues' part, Your action panel looks like something like this:

Or when you are viewing the 'Forums' part, Your action panel links changes to this:

As you can see in the images above, The action link contains the links for the logged user. If a guest is viewing the same page, Action panel will show login or register informations.

So again, These links depends on what part on TUS you are actually viewing.

User Panel
Do you remember what have we done to Main navigation links and The Tabs? (To ease of access)
The same is done to Action panel links.

Each link in the Action Panel, Is in your User Panel area. Since we have different Action Panel links for each part on TUS, The User Panel is categorized by each part.
For example:

You have 'Leagues' in the User Panel, Guess if you put your mouse on it, What links would appear? Yes, The Action Panel links: 'Report a Game', 'Your stats'...

Same goes with other parts. What about the forums?

Link Tree

And at last, You can always see where you are on TUS by checking out the Link Tree.

The Link Tree part is always located under the Tabs:

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Re: TUS Navigation (How to find a page in TUS)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:58 AM »
This explanation is much better than the last one. Altought, I cant see someone complaining about that, tus navigation is simple.  :)
Here comes the snow

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 03:37 AM »
tus navigation is simple.  :)

Thank you!!!
lol well the reason is, You have read this and you've been on TUS for quiet sometime. Apparently new users or some people that are not in the mood to 'read' things on TUS, They believe TUS is very complex.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 03:40 AM »
Well, every new member should recieve a pm with the link of this topic.
Maybe this would help.
Here comes the snow

Offline Casso

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Good Job Monkey  ;)

Offline solido

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 10:03 PM »
imo, the leagues should be displayed at the top: CLASSIC, TRL, ETC.

AND NO SUB MENUS. you know how hard it can be for people with touch pads?

Offline seBa

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 10:19 PM »
imo, the leagues should be displayed at the top: CLASSIC, TRL, ETC.

AND NO SUB MENUS. you know how hard it can be for people with touch pads?
Your fingers are stunted then, I use touch pad and I have no problems with navigation on the site XD

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 06:47 AM »
This thread must be rewritten, anyway I've fixed things more in tus v2 navigation but still same concept.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:00 AM by MonkeyIsland »

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 06:58 AM »
you know how hard it can be for people with touch pads?
Hey, practise fr xD