Forums > Wormkit Modules

[Suggestion] Additional Speech for Worms

(1/1)

UFO:
Hey everyone!

Lately I've been creating a bunch of custom speech soundbanks for W:A for personal use and this got me thinking it would be great to have an option to use multiple files for each phrase.

I mean there's multiple files for the "oof" and "ow" sounds which play randomly, why not to make this a thing for everything else by simply adding a number in the file name? For example: Yessir.wav, Yessir2.wav, Yessir3.wav -- I think you can imagine the opportunities for such a diversified speech customisation!

Lancelot:

--- Quote from: UFO on August 27, 2023, 10:12 AM ---Hey everyone!

Lately I've been creating a bunch of custom speech soundbanks for W:A for personal use and this got me thinking it would be great to have an option to use multiple files for each phrase.

I mean there's multiple files for the "oof" and "ow" sounds which play randomly, why not to make this a thing for everything else by simply adding a number in the file name? For example: Yessir.wav, Yessir2.wav, Yessir3.wav -- I think you can imagine the opportunities for such a diversified speech customisation!

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if WA supports it. I think it sounds like an idea for a new patch

when I downloaded custom speechs, I noticed similar things in some.

UFO:

--- Quote from: Lancelot on August 27, 2023, 10:42 AM ---
I'm not sure if WA supports it. I think it sounds like an idea for a new patch

when I downloaded custom speechs, I noticed similar things in some.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, there's no such feature in W:A. I just thought it would be nice to have this at least as a Wormkit Module if anyone decides to implement the idea.

By the way, W:A has some unused speech files: uh-oh.wav, amazing.wav, brilliant.wav, excellent.wav and perfect.wav. It would be nice to use them as alternatives for other phrases:

* Uh-oh.wav can be used as an alternative to whatthe.wav or runaway.wav

* Amazing.wav, brilliant.wav, excellent.wav and perfect.wav can be used as alternatives to flawless.wav or revenge.wav

Woshee:
We could also take a page out of Hedgewars and base the praise speechbank files off how many worms are drowned/killed at once with 2 worms killed at once playing the brilliant voiceline, and more than 3 being amazing. Perfect voiceline could be played when collecting a crate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version