Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:24 AM

Author Topic: [suggestion] module or game/scheme option for fast forward turn  (Read 788 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
A while ago I saw a player suggest the idea of fast forwarding the turn. In intermediate, for example, it's not uncommon to see players complaining about very long matches and multiple 45-second turns just to do something obvious or just do nothing. But, sometimes, waiting for SD is the only alternative for victory.

I found this idea interesting not only for intermediate, but for other schemes such as T17, elite etc.

In addition of making the game less boring for players and stream viewers, I think there is also the tactical aspect. In intermediate, for example, my strategy might be to use the 45 seconds to wait for the SD, but I already have in mind what to do in the next turns. However, the 45 seconds can be extra time for my opponent to think, something I would rather not give him, so I would use the fast forward option.

I don't know if it would be possible to implement this through a module. The trigger could be use "skip turn" for more than 2 seconds (to avoid accidentally fast forward) and accelerated time could be left as "extra time" in order to avoid the risk of fast foward too much and miss the turn.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:52 PM by Albus »

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
The idea is interesting, I support it, but I don't know the technical aspects around it. Seems complicated.

I also have another idea of a module that I believe would be simple to implement: a /arrows command (or maybe a scheme option) but for worms, not crates. The name could be wkWormFinder or something like this.

It would be useful to find enemy worms in very big maps.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
The idea is interesting, I support it, but I don't know the technical aspects around it. Seems complicated.

Yes, it does look complicated. But these guys are awesome. After having seen the TA module, I no longer doubt anything.

I also have another idea of a module that I believe would be simple to implement: a /arrows command (or maybe a scheme option) but for worms, not crates. The name could be wkWormFinder or something like this.

It would be useful to find enemy worms in very big maps.

I liked the idea! Very interesting and useful, especially, as you said, on big maps.