Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:33 PM

Author Topic: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4.4 released [With HD graphics!]  (Read 32990 times)

Offline Jean

Re: wkSuperFrontendHD 0.4.4 released [With HD graphics!]
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2021, 07:51 AM »
try resizing the wine window first before resizing WA

You mean Wine's Virtual Desktop window? I don't use that feature. But it cannot be resized anyway, except by changing resolution in winecfg, which requires application restart. WA's windowed mode has the same problem, menu cannot be resized, and if DXVK is enabled frontend runs at 640x480 no matter if wkSuperFrontend is used or not.

Also, I'm facing issues with minimizing the game from the frontend. I'm not trying to resize anything (which isn't possible anyway).

This module needs to be made compatible with DXVK, that is all.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 07:58 AM by Jean »

Offline nizikawa

« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2021, 11:54 AM »
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:24 AM by nizikawa »

Offline Jean

« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2021, 12:12 PM »
You can try selecting OpenGL renderer in options instead of Direct 3D one.
WA does all its drawing on CPU in 8bit indexed color and only the final truecolor screen texture is displayed with hardware accelerated D3D/OpenGL API. So there isn't much performance to be gained by using DXVK, since most of the drawing is done in software anyway.

I don't have any stats or benchmarks to back up my claim, but Direct3D (Shader) with vsync off, FPS cap and DXVK provide best performance/latency results on my computer. Much better than on Windows even. But again, this is all based on feel, so take this with a grain of salt.

And since this works fine for me, I don't see any reason in using OpenGL renderer, especially that wkSuperFrontend doesn't work with it, and I'd really like to use this module.

Offline Jean

« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2021, 01:01 PM »
Actually, I've played with OpenGL renderer quite a bit and performance/latency is acceptable! So I guess I'll stick with it for now.

Inability to use SuperFrontend is a small price to pay I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline ghost1x1

• Egypt Egypt
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2021, 05:49 PM »
i have a problem
after copying and pasting the wkSuperFrontendHD files in the game folder.
the game stuck at main screen.
here is a video of the problem.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:30 PM by ghost1x1 »