Forums
April 20, 2024, 09:49 AM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 22986 times)

Offline N7Kopper

• United Kingdom United Kingdom
  • Find me on Xbox Live and Steam too!
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2022, 08:30 PM »
At first I was just going to use this module for replays and seeing total team health (so I don't cow in KTL games where the leader has like 1 point above second  :P) and not for scouting enemy worms in game. Not because of some deep-seated objection, but because it just wasn't the Worms I remembered from the PS1 days. But then I signed up to ask a few other questions, noticed this drama, and wow it really is easy to cheat and pull turn orders from replays. Now it makes me kinda mistrust people who don't use this.

For the sanity of this game's competitive scene, there really does need to be better anti-cheat. I don't play competitive so it's not really my fight - different communities always have different rules. (Super Mario Sunshine speedrunning uses a hacked save file to skip the intro!) If the Worms community doesn't like this, it needs to sort out how easy it is to pull turn orders through dishonest means rather than a convenient mod that says "Hey guys, I enabled a turn order scan feature! Turn yours on, or quit, or whatever! I'm an honest man!" - there were good suggestions like "pick a team and stick to it for the whole league" and also programming stuff. I would suggest baking the turn order into the RNG to obfuscate it, but that would require the shuffling of Worm orders too, and some might not like that. (This mod supports that, but I personally don't like it aside from missions, so...)

The RNG trick worked for crates and stuff (until someone nabs a Crate Spy) because the crate contents became Shrodinger's cat. Maybe the best choice is just to make it a customisable scheme option, add some anti-cheat, and let everyone hash it out.
Political statements written like/this deserve respect only when they are written as parody.

Offline cgar

« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2022, 01:40 AM »
Yea it's basically "Welcome to W:A, where vast hoards of unscrupulous people gaining unfair advantages in secret is totally fine. -- But a mod that promotes doing the same thing honestly is absolutely abhorrent"

The stupid drama in this thread basically killed the forthright openness of the mod and made provoking drama the default, even if all you want to do is see the order of YOUR OWN WORMS.

So yea, download wkSuperEpicCheatyHaxx.dll all you want. So long as you don't admit it the community will apparently be happy 🤦‍♂️

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2022, 05:17 AM »
People who fap to old schoolers just loves to provoke newer players like us. They provoke our inventions, skills etc. telling us that we will always be wrong and they all always be right, no matter what.
And then they be crying seeing dead Wormnet saying "Why is Wormnet dead? :("

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2022, 07:45 AM »
People who fap to old schoolers just loves to provoke newer players like us. They provoke our inventions, skills etc. telling us that we will always be wrong and they all always be right, no matter what.
And then they be crying seeing dead Wormnet saying "Why is Wormnet dead? :("
Lmfao. Spot on bro spot on :D
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2022, 03:25 PM »
Lmfao. Spot on bro spot on :D

Thanks, I'm spitting facts that old school fappers are struggling to listen to it. ;)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2022, 12:01 AM »
I agree with you, guys. The Times... They Are A-Changin'. Old school players have to accept the evolution of the game.

https://genius.com/Bob-dylan-the-times-they-are-a-changin-lyrics
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:10 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline N7Kopper

• United Kingdom United Kingdom
  • Find me on Xbox Live and Steam too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2022, 10:36 PM »
To a reasonable extent, of course. Sometimes the conservatives know what they're talking about and the progressives are stupidly or maliciously pulling for that cliff over there.

There's a difference between using TAS tools to practice your nading skills by seeing the trajectory and bringing that into PvP matches. But I think the guy who got really heated was just too angry to take a step back and read everyone's replies. Even so, it's a good thing. When cheats are such public knowledge the honest men step in and figure out how to stop them.
Political statements written like/this deserve respect only when they are written as parody.

Offline philie

« Reply #277 on: April 29, 2022, 03:32 PM »
newer players like us

10 years on tus and still noob?  ;) :D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #278 on: April 29, 2022, 06:59 PM »
newer players like us

10 years on tus and still noob?  ;) :D
Haha I was thinking that, "new player" who has played thousands of hours and for a decade.  Face it adnan, you have matured into an 'oldschool' player along the way.  No more noobnan ;D this guy pro now.