Forums
April 25, 2024, 01:44 AM

Author Topic: wkWormOrder v. 1.2.0 released  (Read 23108 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
Re: wkWormOrder v. 1.1.0 released
« Reply #240 on: September 24, 2021, 08:18 PM »
I asked donnie what this "confusion" was about. And he showed me the repplay file:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-75884/

I want to understand, what's the problem with a macro that makes the worm send the question mark symbol? This doesn't interfere with anything.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2021, 08:26 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/cheater-7225/

LOL thanks for this I never saw this topic before, it's very funny to see this as Maciej was a joke in TUS and we were pretty much game enemies  :D

I asked donnie what this "confusion" was about. And he showed me the repplay file:

https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-75884/

I want to understand, what's the problem with a macro that makes the worm send the question mark symbol? This doesn't interfere with anything.

It's not only the T task macro.

I was using a fingerroll autohotkey script that years later was considered as cheat. It's nothing special tho, only made me able to tap like crazy, couldnt beat any top roper from that time using it.
This is pretty much what will happen to everyone using this wormkit module (wormorder) if it's considered by MonkeyIsland as cheat, you and me will be cheaters hahaha.  :D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:28 PM by donnie »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2021, 08:35 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/cheater-7225/

LOL thanks for this I never saw this topic before, it's very funny to see this as Maciej was a joke in TUS and we were pretty much game enemies  :D
I miss maciej and his fingerroll video ;D

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2021, 08:49 PM »
By the way I want to know too what makes it so unfair with the T macro? I had a game void because of that. Perhaps the game was void cause people also accused me of script cheating when I played that game vs Random00?
I don't think I was fr scripting that game, only T macro, but game was void.  :D
Will PM MI privately about that nvm.

Edit: Here's some context and *cringe warning* because I was using google translator back then.
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/announcements/using-autohotkey-is-considered-as-a-cheat-9118/
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 09:01 PM by donnie »

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2021, 09:14 PM »
TheWalrus. I don't consider myself a cheater as I didn't know I was cheating, I mean, the script was considered cheating later and I was very open to tell I was using it, never hided it.
And the T macro I just don't see how it is harmful to me or my opponent, don't know why it's cheating too.

What would happen if remaps go considered as cheating? 2 space roping considered as cheating? There is a very small barrier there to consider people cheaters.  :)

Real cheaters are using crate spy, permanent laser sight, mine dud revealer, macros for hysteria combos.

Sorry for the double, I didn't see your edit.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 09:17 PM by donnie »

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2021, 09:16 PM »
TheWalrus. I don't consider myself a cheater as I didn't know I was cheating, I mean, the script was considered cheating later and I was very open to tell I was using it, never hided it.
And the T macro I just don't see how it is harmful to me or my opponent, don't know why it's cheating too.

What would happen if remaps go considered as cheating? 2 space roping considered as cheating? There is a very small barrier there to consider people cheaters.  :)

Real cheaters are using crate spy, permanent laser sight, mine dud revealer, macros for hysteria combos.

People use macros for hysteria combos?  ???

Now this is new for me, where'd you see that?
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline cgar

« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2021, 10:00 PM »
lmao this is still going on? I can't believe people are still calling this thing a cheat lol.

So manually reordering your team before the match and using a piece of paper to store order is fine, but sparing yourself the tedium of using crappy paper in 2021 is apparently a heinous crime? 🤦‍♂️

I've said it before but maybe its been buried too much now. Getting the worm order of everyone in secret is trivial. It is as simple as printing the replay or using one of the other many other methods. ACTUAL cheaters will simply just use these methods instead of this nice honest one that posts a message if it is used to get the team order of the opponent.

So in effect, this module is more an ANTI CHEATING module. Not in the sense that it prevents it, that's currently impossible, but in the sense that it nudges people towards honestly getting the order instead of deceiving their opponent and getting it secretly in the shadows. Something that has been trivially possible for years and many actual legit cheaters will have been fervently exploiting.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2021, 10:14 PM »
cigar, you should stop encouraging Deadcode about including this noob feature in the upcoming WA patch :) I saw you being extremely happy when Deadcode mentioned, that he might do it.
my real question is, why do you want to form the game in a shape that you prefer to play, you, who is btw totally inactive at leagues, and basically everywhere? you, with your small group of few friends, who are totally inactive players as well?
you really thought this feature would be a good idea..? :D :D

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2021, 10:17 PM »
lmao this is still going on? I can't believe people are still calling this thing a cheat lol.

So manually reordering your team before the match and using a piece of paper to store order is fine, but sparing yourself the tedium of using crappy paper in 2021 is apparently a heinous crime? 🤦‍♂️

I've said it before but maybe its been buried too much now. Getting the worm order of everyone in secret is trivial. It is as simple as printing the replay or using one of the other many other methods. ACTUAL cheaters will simply just use these methods instead of this nice honest one that posts a message if it is used to get the team order of the opponent.

So in effect, this module is more an ANTI CHEATING module. Not in the sense that it prevents it, that's currently impossible, but in the sense that it nudges people towards honestly getting the order instead of deceiving their opponent and getting it secretly in the shadows. Something that has been trivially possible for years and many actual legit cheaters will have been fervently exploiting.
This program doesn't bother me that much anymore, but for competitive people will change their team after every match so downloading the team from a previous game is a null strategy.

Offline Memox

« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2021, 10:37 PM »

That's exactly what I said, but we're constantly being ignored by mouthbreathers.
\\\ My websites ///

My Worms Armageddon Review (and other blog posts about gaming)
The Autism-O-Meter

My Worms Videos
YouTube playlist

My (other) Reviews Hub
Steam Curator page

Offline cgar

« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2021, 11:06 PM »
for competitive people will change their team after every match so downloading the team from a previous game is a null strategy.

Previous games? I mean the current game, as it is being written to disk. You can get the order from it no sweat without any message at all. I posted a video a while back a bout it:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/885176762085023784/885729174336180294/ezpzWormOrder.mp4

There is also wireshark and probably a bunch of other methods. These actual cheating methods have been widespread for some time. This module is more open and widespread yes but it does it honestly. And may even convert some of those who use the sneaky methods over to this more honest method. Which is why I see it as anti cheating not pro cheating.

Offline cgar

« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2021, 11:09 PM »
[...] you should stop encouraging Deadcode about including this noob feature [...]
[...] I saw you being extremely happy [...]
[...] why do you want to form the game in a shape that you prefer to play [...]
[...] you, with your small group of few friends [...]

Erm? What even is this? Are you actually just here to troll?

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2021, 11:24 PM »
mouthbreathers.

I loved this expression, I didn't know its existence. Thank you, now I'll use it in my respiratory system lectures and use it outside classes as well.

By the way, I must say this community does not help much the development of this game. Maybe the ones defending the stone age are the reason the game took 7 years to receive an update.

Most players against this module are the ones that only think about competitive games and nothing else. They are on their confortable zone where they play using the same scheme since 1999, don't try new schemes, don't create maps, don't play with newbies, don't create schemes.

They will not accept having to adapt to a better reality with better transparency ANTI CHEAT quality of life module. They cannot accept changes after all the years thinking they are "pros" because they play for 20 years the same schemes.

The argumentation is nonsense comparing apple to oranges, exagerating everything they can. I took a lot of time to become a "full member" in TUS exactly because I knew the kind of players that we have here. The major contribution they do for the game is to fight for the retrogress, this is really sad to see. A simple module and weeks and dozens maybe more than one hundred pages of discussion if we count Discord too.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:10 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2021, 01:13 AM »
At this point to ensure fairness, I'd rather just have a rule that both sides need to state their team order before the match, which is something I'll do from now on either way.

And for most Inter / 80-normal matches, both sides already know each other's order anyway, so this wouldn't change much imo.

I just don't want to do this through a mod since people should be able to play league games with just the regular game, though showing team order would be fine if we wanted to do it as an official feature.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2021, 09:28 AM »
allowed? xD
Spoiler! View

now without the module (=
Spoiler! View