Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:32 AM

Author Topic: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2021, 12:08 PM »
Too good so far we are the majority and you are the minority you were talking about, Komito.

In overall, I don't think the intention of people is cheating, if it were the case, anyone can pay less than 5$ in a freelance site for some crazy russian or indian to code multiple modules (who can guarantee there's not some of these going around?)
Private modules are real boys.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2021, 12:08 PM »
If there is absolutely no difficulty, why do you need a module?

Pffffft! :D

Because, like I said multiple times, it's boring and remove my immersion of the game.

You just said it isn't difficult at all, you don't need a module. Difficult also means hard to please or satisfy.

So are you lying, or just uneducated?

@donnie, a handful of people is not a majority when i'm talking about the entire player base, not a handful of selfish people on a forum thread.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2021, 12:11 PM »
Difficult also means hard to please or satisfy.

No. Difficult is something I'll have trouble executing (which is not the case with taking notes on what the opponent used).

Difficult to satisfy is something just... unpleasant?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2021, 12:15 PM »
Difficult also means hard to please or satisfy.

No. Difficult is something I'll have trouble executing (which is not the case with taking notes on what the opponent used).

Difficult to satisfy is something... just unpleasant?

Difficult also applies to being hard to please or satisfy. Look it up.

You are still being subjective either way, as am I to be honest, though at least i'm not trying to force people to change something that plays as it was intended to be played because I don't personally like it.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2021, 12:21 PM »

You just said it isn't difficult at all, you don't need a module. Difficult also means hard to please or satisfy.

I'm using it in the first sense (1).

You gave me only two options: liar or uneducated. I'm curious... what was your conclusion?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 12:26 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Since you ask, at that point you were either lying just to get your way, or you didn't know that being hard to please or satisfy was another definition of the word 'difficult'.

It turned out to be the latter, and that you were just using it in the sense of being subjectively inconvenient for you.

So yeah, which is why i'm saying it's selfish, these module ideas are popping up because of personal inconvenience, not actual ideas for big problems the community as an agreed collective actually face.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2021, 12:29 PM »
you didn't know that being hard to please or satisfy was another definition of the word 'difficult'.

Wouldn't need a context for this meaning? In the dictionaries I consulted I did not find this meaning.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/english/difficulty?q=difficulty
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 12:34 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2021, 12:35 PM »
you didn't know that being hard to please or satisfy was another definition of the word 'difficult'.

Wouldn't need a context for this meaning of the word "difficult"? In the dictionary I consulted I did not find this meaning.

There is more than 1 dictionary. Even dictionary.com has this meaning, exactly.

Also this entire notion of saying I don't like change is ridiculous. There are lots of things i've tried to change as well as lots of things i've tried to convince people not to change. I've had success and failure both ways. Every human has things they wish would change, and wish wouldn't change, this is perfectly normal human behaviour.

Everyone here does the same thing, some things they want to change, some things they don't want to change.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2021, 12:36 PM »
If there is absolutely no difficulty, why do you need a module?

Pffffft! :D

Because, like I said multiple times, it's boring and remove my immersion of the game.

@donnie, a handful of people is not a majority when i'm talking about the entire player base, not a handful of selfish people on a forum thread.

Entire player base? LOL, sorry we can't work with that unless you want to assume that most of the people don't want the module?

I hate to use politics as an example but have you ever seen how voting intention polls work?
We have many many of these throught elections in Brazil.
In order to consider that one politician has a greater intention to vote than others, polling institutes gather the opinion of just a few thousand people and not the entire population of the country, with a margin of error of 2 to 5 percent, and guess what? They are likely to never fail the results.

With this module it will be no different, the "forum population" and everyone who participates in this topic will decide who is the majority. If you disagree with this method I'm sorry but then the selfish one is you.
So let's rely on facts here and say that so far you make part of minority whether you like it or not.

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2021, 12:37 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:45 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2021, 12:46 PM »
Sorry donnie, how Brazil handles their voting is not my problem(I know nothing other than you and FoxHound said anyway and have no idea about the culture and how people generally live over there) and has nothing to do with what is going on here, though I wish you good luck on that.

I'm not assuming most people don't want the module, though the amount of people who have written support for it on TUS so far I can count with both hands.

nizikawa
Albus
donnie
cgar
Rudolf289
FoxHound

Korydex didn't support it.

Dario didn't say it should be a thing, though feels if it is going to be available, it's best everyone has it. He does agree it would degrade a valuable skill though.

Obviously I don't support it.

Unfortunately, i'm aware that a lot of people simply don't want to share their opinion and really dislike confrontation in the fear of being disliked, so there could be more people who want this module, or more people who don't want it, and we will never know.

So yes, 9 people is a huge minority.

I think there's maybe a handful of people on Discord as well. Though my issue lies with how it will affect leagues, and this is a league so i'm voicing my concern in the place where it would have the biggest consequences from my perspective.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2021, 12:52 PM »
so i'm voicing my concern in the place where it would have the biggest consequences from my perspective.

Perhaps it would be better to focus your energies on the community having an anti-cheat system that detects private modules etc. Worrying about these two modules (which will increase people's QoL) won't change anything. Whoever wants to use it will use it. Not everyone is like nizikawa who listens to people's opinions before creating modules.

Offline nino

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2021, 12:57 PM »
I know nothing other than you and FoxHound said anyway and have no idea about the culture and how people generally live over there

Porra Komo u must come to visit the ninos kingdom
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2021, 01:00 PM »
so i'm voicing my concern in the place where it would have the biggest consequences from my perspective.

Perhaps it would be better to focus your energies on the community having an anti-cheat system that detects private modules etc. Worrying about these two modules (which will increase people's QoL) won't change anything. Whoever wants to use it will use it. Not everyone is like nizikawa who listens to people's opinions before creating modules.

To begin with, "which will increase people's QoL" is a subjective opinion, please write it as so.

Also, if it "won't change anything", then why do you need it? If it literally does not change anything, why do you even need it? That just seems absolutely pointless if it literally changes nothing.

The actual fact is, it literally does change something, and we've already explained exactly what.

Also, here's an example of me wanting change which I did not win:

In ONL Discord some months back a number of people(including I) were complaining about maps being overly complex and being boring because of shotgun wars.

Even though I have absolutely zero power and influence over making the decision about rules for ONL, the very fact I, as a streamer was discussing making changes to something some players love and enjoy was enough to really demotivate some people, including chuvash who listed it as one of his reasons for quitting, saying to me I should stick to streaming and not get involved in what the players themselves desire.

Immediately, I felt guilty, and from that moment have not even raised the issue again once, i've discussed through normal conversation my opinion about complex maps. Though actually seeing  even a handful of players protest about changing was enough to make me realize some things are best left alone until there is at least a unanimous decision or protest.

@nino - You've offered me a few times and as usual, just not the right time, not enough money, and I suffer immensely in hot weather lol.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2021, 01:41 PM »
Sorry donnie, how Brazil handles their voting is not my problem(I know nothing other than you and FoxHound said anyway and have no idea about the culture and how people generally live over there) and has nothing to do with what is going on here, though I wish you good luck on that.

You are avoiding my point, it has nothing to do with Brazil, it's just an example of how voting intention works because it can't gather the vote of an entire country, stop playing fool with me.
I will elaborate again perhaps you guys are already discussing another topic.

In other words (or example) It's like asking only 50K women in UK if they prefer to date short or tall men. If 80% of these women answer they would go for tall men, then these numbers are likely to represent the majority of the entire country with small margin of mistake.

I think there's maybe a handful of people on Discord as well. Though my issue lies with how it will affect leagues, and this is a league so i'm voicing my concern in the place where it would have the biggest consequences from my perspective.

If that's your reason what prevents us for standing exactly for the opposite of it? What makes you think it's more valid to consider professional players over casual players? I don't think it's as simple as that.
Obviuosly for you, fun is to watch or play competitively in a professional level but for others it might not be just because of this "imposed" barrier of using external tools and hacking replays for worm orders which "pro" players already have their own personal formula.

If we remove this barrier I don't think we are  putting professional players at a disadvantage and giving advantage to those who were not used to write notes, we are just putting everyone in the same pot and giving importance to what really matters in a professional game, intelligence, game sense and effectiveness.

If you go and say that this reduces the learning curve and become unfair for those that hacked replays mastered the game for years with personal methods than I would say it's all bullshit, because games every time update and bring new stuff and evolves, and you know what? That player that studyied the game for months will need to learn lot of new stuff, if not everything, again, like everyone else. Dota 2 is the best example I can use, no teams can be at the top for long because the game updates and evolves constantly requiring a constant game study. I want the same for worms, not a handful of old players that already know everything and cannot be taken out of the comfort zone with new game features.

Edit: I don't think that it is fair at all that a player who started playing competitively a few months ago has not to have the same chances of winning as a player who has been playing for several years just because he refuses to invent an external method for recording weapons and worm sequences as this old player, it's stupid.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:58 PM by donnie »

→ The best of Kaleu ←