Forums
April 19, 2024, 02:48 PM

Author Topic: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Sir-J

Re: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2021, 01:47 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:45 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2021, 01:57 PM »
You are avoiding my point, it has nothing to do with Brazil, it's just an example of how voting intention works because you can't gather the vote of an entire country, stop playing fool with me.
I will elaborate again perhaps you guys are already discussing another topic.

I am not avoiding your point, it has nothing to do with this situation.

This decision is not coming down to vote by the entire nation of WormNET(compared to the entire nation of Brazil for example).

You just don't accept why I don't think your point has any relevance here.

Feel free to stop playing yourself though.

If that's your reason what prevents us for standing exactly for the opposite of it? What makes you think it's more valid to consider professional players over casual players? I don't think it's as simple as that.

It is as simple as that, i've already explained if there was a way to separate competitive players and casual players i'd fully support it.

I've also explained why already, it's your choice to go back and read it.

The problem is that a few casual players are going to directly influence and affect competitive players, so taking more time or waiting to find a solution that makes everyone happy is the obvious solution, which is exactly what i've been saying this entire time, i'm not against what you want, just the way you are going about it and the selfish desire to not care about what already exists.

Obviuosly for you, fun is to watch or play competitively in a professional level but for others it might not be just because of this "imposed" barrier of using external tools and hacking replays for worm orders which "pro" players already have their own personal formula.

I've already addressed my view on that.

If we remove this barrier I don't think we are  putting professional players at a disadvantage and giving advantage to those who were not used to write notes, we are just putting everyone in the same pot and giving importance to what really matters in a professional game, intelligence, game sense and effectiveness.

Everyone is already in the same pot, so your point is mute.

If you go and say that this reduces the learning curve and become unfair for those that hacked replays mastered the game for years with personal methods than I would say it's all bullshit, because games every time update and bring new stuff and evolves, and you know what? That player that studyied the game for months will need to learn lot of new stuff, if not everything, again, like everyone else. Dota 2 is the best example I can use, no teams can be at the top for long because the game updates and evolves constantly requiring a constant game study.

You are entitled to your opinion, i'm entitled to mine. I believe these requests are spoiling the charm of this game, lowering the learning curve and skill-ceiling.

I don't care about Dota, it has nothing to do with this, this is Worms Armageddon.

If you can't use Worms Armageddon to argue about Worms Armageddon to get your point across, then i'm not interested because it's not relevant.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2021, 02:08 PM »
I edited my post but you already was finishing your reply.

I used Dota 2 as an example because I want the same for worms, I don't think it's ok to have a handful of old players that already know everything (or the most of it) like you that obviously refuses to be taken out of the comfort zone to learn, perform and adapt to new game features. The very meaning of selfishness.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2021, 02:14 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:45 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2021, 02:27 PM »
I used Dota 2 as an example because I want the same for worms, I don't think it's ok to have a handful of old players that already know everything (or the most of it) like you that obviously refuses to be taken out of the comfort zone to learn, perform and adapt to new game features. The very meaning of selfishness.

Comparing other games to WA is not the same though.

Those games have better security, they are modern with what I imagine is more sophisticated software, they actually have official developers who are actually still involved in official stuff and the competitive scene aren't they?

We don't have those luxuries. :'(

As for saying I refuse to be taken out of my comfort zone, that is just ridiculous and an outright lie.

Even in the past 2 weeks alone i've went from hating Island Team17, to finding ways to enjoy it and i'm having such an amazing time with Syc, Deadcode and others who are involved in the Team17 scene! I actually DO give things a chance, let people talk, debate with reason and logic.

In the past decade i've went from playing BnG exclusively to enjoying most schemes that there are, I even enjoy spectating the schemes I don't enjoy playing and willing to stream and support schemes I don't even like.

Are you saying I must accept every idea everyone ever mentions? Are you trying to say I am not entitled to having my own opinion about things? You are talking about the very meaning of being selfish though you want to strip away my rights to disagree with anything.

Regarding this situation, I want you and the others to have your module, not at the expense of others though, THAT is the definition of being selfish, actually.

Edit:

I think all that has to be done is the following:
1. Make a list of wormkit modules and programs that aren't allowed on TUS.
2. When a player reports a game replay files are checked and if any of forbidden programs were used, the player gets banned immediately.
3. Alternatively, develop an Anti-Cheat system that would block any cheats in league games.
But please don't mess with funners! If some casual players want to simplify gameplay a little bit, let them do it!

Good idea, we've already suggested this, though unfortunately it is not that simple. :'(

If it was possible, I wouldn't protest these recent modules.

In future, if someone says it is, then i'll have no need to protest these modules.

Offline nino

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2021, 02:39 PM »
@nino - You've offered me a few times and as usual, just not the right time, not enough money, and I suffer immensely in hot weather lol.

porra!!  ok ae  :(,

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2021, 02:47 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 05:46 AM by Rudolf289 »

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2021, 02:49 PM »
Komito, you are not getting out of your comfort zone by applying the basics of what you already know of worms in a new scheme, so your justification seems weak.
My point is based on the assumption of adding new functions to the game, learn and adapt to it and NOT applying what we already have and what we already know of the game basics. You don't get out of comfort zone when you play Intermediate then proceeds to try Elite, you will just apply the same basics of the weapons because you already know how it work etc, unless you are very new to the game but it's not the case.

A better example is, if you are a TTRR player, you are not getting out of your comfort zone if you go and play a warmer, it's not a new challenge, the rope mechanics don't changed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 02:59 PM by donnie »

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2021, 02:51 PM »
@nino - You've offered me a few times and as usual, just not the right time, not enough money, and I suffer immensely in hot weather lol.

Porra. Why are you "warned" nino?

→ The best of Kaleu ←

Offline nino

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2021, 04:07 PM »

Cos i said what 99% of communnity wanted to say to Kradie hauhauhua some nice insults to put the puto/a in his/her right place xD

Offline Kradie

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2021, 04:13 PM »

Cos i said what 99% of communnity wanted to say to Kradie hauhauhua some nice insults to put the puto/a in his/her right place xD
Who is the entire community? Do you represent the entire community?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline nino

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2021, 05:37 PM »

The communnity are me and others including you, so i made a favour for 99% of these peoples  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2021, 05:42 PM »

The communnity are me and others including you, so i made a favour for 99% of these peoples  ;D ;D ;D
You do not speak for the community but I know there are people that don't like me as you do. Perhaps you could form a Kradie Haters Alliance ''KHA''. Could be useful to fill up your free time :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2021, 05:44 PM »
Komito, you are not getting out of your comfort zone by applying the basics of what you already know of worms in a new scheme, so your justification seems weak.

Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

My point is based on the assumption of adding new functions to the game, learn and adapt to it and NOT applying what we already have and what we already know of the game basics.

I'm quite happy to see new functions, features and changes to the game, as long as they aren't compromising parts of the game that have existed throughout the entire franchise for decades, these are not major problems experienced and complained by a massive majority of the player base, literally a tiny minority of players so far want this module.

Are you trying to say you would be 100% happy to have literally everybody change the game in any way they see fit, regardless if other people don't like it?

Should I ask for changes to BnG to suit my needs? Should I try to change Big RR so players use Rubberworm because I enjoy it more? Can I ask for a module that disables the use of multiple spacebars because I think people who need to use more than 1 button for spacebar have less talent/skill? My answer is no to all of those.

You don't get out of comfort zone when you play Intermediate then proceeds to try Elite, you will just apply the same basics of the weapons because you already know how it work etc, unless you are very new to the game but it's not the case.

A better example is, if you are a TTRR player, you are not getting out of your comfort zone if you go and play a warmer, it's not a new challenge, the rope mechanics don't changed.

We can agree to disagree there, those things are not the same, literally.

This is why people who only play Elite suck at Intermediate and those who only play Intermediate suck at Elite, and also those who only play TTRR suck at Big RR and people who only play Big RR suck at TTRR.

They still have to learn the differences between the schemes, their bodies still have to learn the mechanical differences of other weapons, memorize the scheme settings and let their bodies adjust to physical differences and reflexes that you need for different roping schemes. They are entirely different styles.

Offline nino

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2021, 06:59 PM »
You do not speak for the community but I know there are people that don't like me as you do. Perhaps you could form a Kradie Haters Alliance ''KHA''. Could be useful to fill up your free time :)

very original idea.  :D