Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:55 AM

Author Topic: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: [Module Idea] Weapon usage tracker.
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2021, 07:09 PM »
You do not speak for the community but I know there are people that don't like me as you do. Perhaps you could form a Kradie Haters Alliance ''KHA''. Could be useful to fill up your free time :)

very original idea.  :D
Gotta help you hate me!  :D
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline nino

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2021, 07:33 PM »

no need to help, just by borning u already made this  ;D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2021, 07:40 PM »

no need to help, just by borning u already made this  ;D
Okay deal. I will help you to hate me more :D

Offline nino

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2021, 08:00 PM »

ok puto  ;D
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2021, 08:18 PM »

ok puto  ;D
Obsession is not good though.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2021, 03:57 PM »
What, in theory, would be easier and more doable way to implement this idea: as a scheme option or a module? I would like to play an alternative intermediate scheme where players can see the sequence of the enemy team (already possible with wkWormOrder) and the weapons used by the enemy (an alternative tab for each team's arsenal would appear, as it appears in replays files).

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2021, 10:10 AM »
If this is software that you manually have to mark the use of the weapon. I don't see a problem, If this software automatically tracks weapons use it is cheating.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2021, 10:14 AM »
If this is software that you manually have to mark the use of the weapon. I don't see a problem, If this software automatically tracks weapons use it is cheating.

If I want a scheme with this option, what's the problem? Can't I have freedom of creation here? Each one makes a scheme as they want, right?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:29 AM by Albus »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2021, 02:20 PM »

I would like the one with manual marking.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2021, 04:49 PM »
I would like a module that suggests a weapon to use that will cause the most worm kills in a given turn.  If both players have access to it, it will create more exciting and fast games.  I don't see the downside.  Also, maybe a module that automates my turns when I go to bathroom during match since there is no pause key in worms.  I shouldn't be penalized for having to take a shit, amirite?

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2021, 04:53 PM »
I would like a module that suggests a weapon to use that will cause the most worm kills in a given turn.  If both players have access to it, it will create more exciting and fast games.  I don't see the downside.  Also, maybe a module that automates my turns when I go to bathroom during match since there is no pause key in worms.  I shouldn't be penalized for having to take a shit, amirite?

You guys love appeal to ridicule.

Intermediate is my favorite scheme and I play it for more than 10 years. I may not be among the best, but I consider myself a very good and experienced player! After so many years I suggest changes, creating an alternative that will bring a new gaming experience to me in this scheme, and that creates so much hassle.

Offline Zemke

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2022, 04:21 PM »
Just want to add this by pointing out that I made this:

As you can see it is a proof of concept of detecting objects in real time. Therefore it can be worked up upon to track weapon usage. And all of that without it being a WormKit module. That of course opens the way of cheating which—as has become clear during the course of this forum thread—is not wanted.

The original idea of my software was that it could automate weapon tracking as in CWT live streams on Twitch. Like here in the bottom left: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1257129065?t=01h49m14s

Therefore the idea would be to do the processing on a server that has authentication via Twitch. Resulting in only being able to use this software while live streaming. One wouldn’t then be able to use the software without it being publicly known. Alternatively the server could just track usage without Twitch authentication.

I think I could make it work. The proof of concept is successful—the complicated part done. It would require lots of work to extend it to be able to recognize all the objects (weapons), though.

By the way, to the people thinking about just extracting the log during live play to check weapons usage are unfortunately missing a point. For instance it logs Ninja Rope use for every shot fired even if it didn’t reduce ammunition. Like when firing into empty space. Also, it would require the “software” to join the game making it harder to host the software because it would need to be able to run WA then join the game etc.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 04:23 PM by Zemke »