Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:04 AM

Author Topic: Advertising  (Read 8639 times)

Offline Conny

• Quack

• Sweden Sweden
  • Quack!
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Advertising
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Are these tutorials up yet?
Former xANKAx member.

Offline Free

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 07:04 PM »
Not yet.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 12:25 AM »
You guys considered any digital marketing strategies to help bring traffic to a site and create awareness around wa? Remember SEO and social media is all free.

I'd be happy to talk about certain things, first find your customer persona's. Im guessing 'existing online gamers' and 'older demographic groups who remember the retro series' come to my mind first.

Offline Free

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 05:01 AM »
Streaming has been improving all the time but our advertising has not, so deffo lets start focusing more on that. Still waiting for the really important e-mail from T17, after which we will know how hard to push.

But lets discuss strategies. Forum spamming doesnt really work, or atleast it has to be really targeted forums we spam. Most of my spam post have been deleted after a few days.

Chicken had some great ideas, I know principles of SEO but got no real skills, and we would need MI's help to incorporate it to this and the promotion site were working on. MI, you have SEO skills?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 05:38 AM »
I do. But for SEO, you first gotta have the market. SEO is about finding the people who are trying to find you. If no one is interested in you, no amount of SEO would help. TUS has a bit of SEO. It always comes up google for worm stuff.

When your promo page is done, I'll adjust it on TUS.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 01:05 PM »
Go to google trends and enter 'worms armageddon'

There is a massive decline in search volume over the past 10 years but look it still exists, if you go to the adwords tool you can get a guess of monthly search volumes on a global scale.

Think about PR, having people write articles on w:a that explain the dynamics and depth of learning the game, how their is a learning curve that takes years to master and make comparisons between popular online games. See if you can pitch these articles to online industry publications. This would great some nice brand awareness around worms and benefits T17 as well. If these articles are displayed online then you've got some potential for some great inbound link juice which will improve the site authority of TUS. If you google 'worms' right now T17 is number one, which is impressive that it beats wikipedia for the actual earth worm definition.

Ask yourselves what are you promoting? Are you promoting TUS or W:A?, if its the later then you'll wanna direct potential new players to an area where they can purchase the game.

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 01:21 PM »
If you google 'worms' right now T17 is number one, which is impressive that it beats wikipedia for the actual earth worm definition.

It's not. Maybe only for you, because you visit team17 forums, and Google is smart :D

And of course we should promote W:A, but without a competetive league people won't take it serious.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 01:39 PM »
If you google 'worms' right now T17 is number one, which is impressive that it beats wikipedia for the actual earth worm definition.

It's not. Maybe only for you, because you visit team17 forums, and Google is smart :D

And of course we should promote W:A, but without a competitive league people won't take it serious.

Indeed. Its personalized the results! There is a competitive league though.. so i guess its demonstrating that to people..

I know people who play COD and think worms is a joke and i've tried to argue with them how worms requires afar greater skill set than first person shooters.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:42 PM by Chicken23 »

Offline Husk

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 04:53 PM »
I know people who play COD and think worms is a joke and i've tried to argue with them how worms requires afar greater skill set than first person shooters.

yea I don't think it's possible to reason with COD players

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 12:09 AM »
Wow I can't believe we have this forum this is f@#!ing great.
Here comes the snow

Offline Rogi

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 10:37 PM »
For this month more that 40 ppls registered here. And i dont see one of them here. How i know all files are free for downloading, so they have been registered because they was interested of something, and they are potencial players. But why they are inactive, maybe didnt they understand some things ? And we must change home page to better way for newcomers

idea: also, we need more statistics, let's add few quastions to register panel. Some qoustions like this "Why r u registering here?", "do u play worms?".

LOL TUS ANY1 ?
Spoiler! View
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline twistah

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11 PM »
I'll vote Impossible for our viral excecutive haha.

Make a video what gets + million hits and makes them realize awesome gameplay at the same time = WIN

Oh and Russia should be one of main targets to advertise, they've had hundreds of viewers on Intermediate streams.

ye, russia is everywhere lately i've noticed. they plan something

Offline twistah

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 10:04 AM »
I just saw a post on facebook from Worms in my news and came to the idea that we just have to spam their posts with "W:A is the bestest, get this game!1". their site has almost a million likes and a lot of people are commenting their posts. we just need to convince those people to play W:A instead of their other shitty games. I think it's the best advertising. it's harder/impossible to get a non wormer to play worms instead of making those switch to W:A that are playing already some kind of worms game. wooord

Offline avirex

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 02:11 PM »
those people are not currently playing any worms game though, thats the problem...

those are all nostalgic little twats that dont know any more about worms then uzi's, and bazookas... would still be nice to have them though.. newbs turn pro ;D

i do agree facebook would be a good way to advertise....

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 03:35 PM »
But people already know WA/WWP is the best in the serie
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage