Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:59 PM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon Teletext Service  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Ytrojan

Worms Armageddon Teletext Service
« on: October 15, 2015, 02:35 AM »
I think that Worms Armageddon should have a teletext service (kind of like Ceefax) on each channel. That way, more information could be given to viewers without having to leave the Worms Armageddon menu, thus saving time in the long run. There could also be a way to put the teletext service on while you are spectating a game. No information about the magazines yet, but I'll get to each of them in separate posts over the following few weeks.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Worms Armageddon Teletext Service
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 06:11 AM »
I think you better go and take some Boom- and BattleRace practice  :D

Offline philie

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:43 PM »
wow, what a stupid idea, lol

Online Sensei

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:13 AM »
Phillie was a bit rude, but yeah, idea is not so good. Main reason is that teletext service died few years ago, even on tv :)

Keep on trying tho. Implements should be something new and fresh, look in that direction next time maybe.

Offline ANO

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 06:19 AM »
Can we put also a small weather forecast? And Bingo?

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 01:31 AM »
Can we put also a small weather forecast? And Bingo?
Maybe you can put a weather forecast based on activity on TUS! Also, Bingo might be implemented as a scheme using teleports.

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline StepS

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 03:54 PM »

Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Online TheWalrus

Online Sensei

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 05:35 PM »
"But each game took so long to play that our TV remotes kept running out of batteries"  :D

Lmfao, interesting read, kinda seems like bollux, but enough information makes it seem kinda possible lol, I mean apart from the obvious date LOL. But now I want to see a teletext worms!

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 06:10 PM »
would be nice to play big rr on tv  remote control

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 04:34 PM »
Looking at this 3 and a half years later, I think it's shit. Seriously, I don't get why I did this.

I don't want this to be locked, though. I need the mockery, as it helps me keep warm in the winter.