Forums
April 20, 2024, 07:21 AM

Author Topic: BnG notching  (Read 3903 times)

Offline WTF-8

BnG notching
« on: December 29, 2016, 08:48 PM »
bng, elite, roper and t17 is what the real classic league should be.
BnG is already ruined by notching;
Roper, at least in a match between two players with similar skill, will likely be won by who had the least "crate rapes";
Team17 is way too vulnerable to the cheat that allows to see opponents' inventory;
Elite, can't say much about it because I hardly ever played it.
That'd be a nice league for sure! It may be classic but it won't be much enjoyable today.

That's why it would be cool to see stationary amount of pts, like 30/30 no matter win or lose.
how about 313/313?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

Re: BnG notching
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 12:26 AM »
Roper, at least in a match between two players with similar skill, will likely be won by who had the least "crate rapes";
Team17 is way too vulnerable to the cheat that allows to see opponents' inventory;

Disagree, BnG is "ruined" by rules, nobody notches with a2b rules, it's the PEOPLE who are in control, they should be able to make the conscious decision not to notch like a pussy.

Again, I disagree, what you said happens because people aren't smart enough to use good maps, period.

Totally disagree with this one, ofc some people cheat, but majority of people are honest and play fair, and even if there is a cheat that is undetectable, pretty much every scheme you can cheat, and people don't.

Elite is cool, I guess people can cheat, notch, whatever there as well, but as I said, all comes down to the rules and idiots we play against/let play.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:31 AM »

Disagree, BnG is "ruined" by rules, nobody notches with a2b rules, it's the PEOPLE who are in control, they should be able to make the conscious decision not to notch like a pussy.

Again, I disagree, what you said happens because people aren't smart enough to use good maps, period.

Totally disagree with this one, ofc some people cheat, but majority of people are honest and play fair, and even if there is a cheat that is undetectable, pretty much every scheme you can cheat, and people don't.

Elite is cool, I guess people can cheat, notch, whatever there as well, but as I said, all comes down to the rules and idiots we play against/let play.
WTF, you couldn't be more wrong about BnG, people always say "notchers" ruin bng; but I've yet to play a notcher in BnG that can consistently beat me, notching only works with 4 secs for the most part, a good map with good hides wil always reward tight nade play and not 4 sec notches.  Anyways, for 80% of shots, a 3 sec with good power will outclass a 4 sec that is dead on.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 02:02 AM »
WTF, you couldn't be more wrong about BnG, people always say "notchers" ruin bng; but I've yet to play a notcher in BnG that can consistently beat me, notching only works with 4 secs for the most part, a good map with good hides wil always reward tight nade play and not 4 sec notches.  Anyways, for 80% of shots, a 3 sec with good power will outclass a 4 sec that is dead on.

I know we aren't on the best of times, but please don't let that affect your judgement here.

You only REALLY got into BnG recently, you weren't around when people were actually good at notching, like barman, Random, Steps, Ramirez, darkz, Anubis, etc.

I know what I am talking about here, I hate to pull my experience at times like this because people just bitch about it, i've seen it all.

Trust me when I say this, if we openly accept notching, some people MAY go the full length that some of the above did, and trust me, you DO NOT want that.

Sorry forgot to add, notching is somewhat making a slow comeback for a while people who did it were hated,  so they kind of avoided it, but now the rules accept it more people will do it.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 02:25 AM »
I hate to pull my experience at times

Anyone else lold on this one?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 02:57 AM »
I hate to pull my experience at times

Anyone else lold on this one?

That's exactly my point Sensei. It's pointless even saying anything on this site anymore all you guys wanna do is f**king argue and call each other names, you just don't have it in you to take advice from people more experienced.

For example, I watch YouTube tutorials from this guy who has INSANE talent, and although I find him very annoying and don't like him, I listen and take in everything he says, cuz he's way more experienced than me, and i'd be stupid not to...

I obviously know WAY more than walrus about BnG and notching, but i'm guessing because we had a big arguement, he probably won't listen to anything I say ever again, everything I say from now on, if it isn't concrete scientific fact, it's wrong(in his opinion), it's a shame...

Even you Sensei, we used to get along pretty well, then one day we had an arguement or something, now you stalk me talking sht almost every thread I post in even if I said nothing about you...

Guys like you, don't play the game, you play the person...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:05 AM »
d
I like you komo, tbh. But you're cheesy. Feels like reading box of cereals sometimds.

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 04:07 AM »
d
I like you komo, tbh. But you're cheesy. Feels like reading box of cereals sometimds.

komo

as much as you can feel tempted to reply to this post

don't

just don't do it
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

Offline Peja

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 08:05 AM »
Statistics tell that Komos opinion on notching changes about every 5 years.

Formula: years of WA existence / amount of times Komo changed his mind and expressed his feelings on forums
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:10 AM by Peja »

Offline Peja

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 08:46 AM »
Any topic switching from Godmax Rape Ape bullshit to something beautiful like BnG, got an upgrade in terms of post quality, relevance and entertainment. If we could to that to shoutbox as well, tus would become a better place.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 11:29 AM »
BNG is the worst shit ever! I would never play that shit. Neither would uncle Supertobias. Komodo we gotta play the damn organic hysteria stuff soon! How about today!

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 12:17 PM »
I can handle notching I know what to expect and how to play according, but rollers ..... that's the real shit , ok some hides require a roller but 100% rollers all the time , that shits annoying.

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 12:46 PM »
I recall hosting a WO tournament of BnG where people had to alter their shots after every successful hit. Forced people to come out of cheap spots and made notching harder since you'd have to hit with 2 completely different shots before you could use it again.

Most fun I had in BnG for a long time (or after)

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 12:55 PM »
I recall hosting a WO tournament of BnG where people had to alter their shots after every successful hit. Forced people to come out of cheap spots and made notching harder since you'd have to hit with 2 completely different shots before you could use it again.

https://www.tus-wa.com/tournaments/tournament-907/

Offline Prankster

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 01:13 PM »

https://www.tus-wa.com/tournaments/tournament-907/

Yeah, D1 talks about a2b :)
I doubt it would ever work as a classic league thing, btw, it should be rather NRBnG, imo.

BTW, Sniper, what sort of Christmas eve is on 14th January?