Forums
April 24, 2024, 09:00 AM

Author Topic: clothes advertisement  (Read 2775 times)

Offline yanme

clothes advertisement
« on: June 30, 2017, 05:25 PM »
hey all,

WA needs more activity that's for sure and everybody is aware of that.

so here is my idea:

many people like to wear clothes (mostly T-Shirt) with stuff they like, and WA is maybe one of them!
these who don't know WA wont have any idea about it so a funny WA shirt could help to start talking about it.
my biggest hope is somehow, that people who know WA and see the T-Shirt get nostalgic, and may give it a try to play it once again.

so it would be a public advertising which can be useful, probably the most people just smile/laugh about it, but imo it's a great idea.

for example:

i am on a metal festival (Wacken Open Air) and would like to make some advertisement for WA with a funny WA T-shirt, etc.

what is needed?

someone who have some skills and ideas for that kind of project
tbh, i have no idea about the needed resolution for the pioture, maybe anyone else?

what do you think about it guys?

Re: clothes advertisement
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:48 PM »
I actually want to make 1 or 2 t-shirts with a worm and maybe bazooka and grenade b2b style  for myself and a wallpaper behind a frame into my room with some HD worm face. The problem is I have no HD pictures of these that would fit the dimensions.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:42 AM »
Is worms not a guilty pleasure?
I wouldn't walk round wearing a t-shirt with a worm on it.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 03:05 AM »
Is worms not a guilty pleasure?
I wouldn't walk round wearing a t-shirt with a worm on it.
Worms is my dark secret, no one i know knows the true extent of my worms play.  I could not wear worms t shirt because it would compromise my identity.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 04:35 AM »
We should consult with Toxic, surely with his millions of music followers and previous experience in footwear design/marketing we could really branch out!

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 05:00 AM »
We should consult with Toxic, surely with his millions of music followers and previous experience in footwear design/marketing we could really branch out!

Lmao, this was my exact thought when I saw this topic - is it yet another toxic's bullshit?

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 08:03 AM »
I'm prepared to have a dragons den sit down and invest in a profitable business , unfortunately I don't believe this is it. And let's be honest most people who play worms don't have real life friends so shirts won't see the public eye.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 09:01 AM »
I have an artist on WG who can draw Worms pretty well... although here's a thing, there are already some if you look around @WormsTeam17 twitter.

Why not just that WA logo jpg slapped on a black t-shirt and call it a day?

Offline Spenner

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 01:33 PM »
I'm a graphic artist affiliated with this t-shirt site:

https://www.neetgear.net/collections/spenner

I've been planning on making a multitude of WA shirts, I just need to finalize an idea. Time permitting, I could make some cool custom graphics.

Shirts at this place retail for $24, not bad.

If there's an idea everyone can decide on, I can make it happen  ;D

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 10:53 PM »
So, we've talked about this a bit with yanme and the approach I like best is basically a series of black/grey t-shirts or hoodies with the standard WA logo (attached below, but it's in everyone's User\Import folder) at the top of the back side, then a variety of more unique designs on the front. Maybe some clever short comics using upscaled, vectorised sprites from the game, maybe one that's basically just the main WA menu floating in the dark, maybe clan and community logos if we have people who would be able to come up with stylish looking ones.

A pretty big issue with this, as it has always been, is that WA sprites, terrain textures/objects and other assets are tiny, not really suitable for print unless you can first vectorise them neatly, so that they still look good when enlarged to sizes of a few thousand pixels × a few thousand pixels. I know StepS has done some work in this direction for his HD frontend module, but I'm not sure how well his approach would translate to things as tiny as for example worm sprites in various poses. On the other hand, we do have access to some of the sprites at larger sizes, and we might have more in the future (it's a thing Deadcode has been working toward for a long while).

The next issue is that from a legal standpoint, some of this is not totally okay, and Team17 would probably have to step in if anyone tried selling anything. But maybe just sharing the files in a thread here and having everyone order their stuff individually, on whatever website ships custom shirts to them, would be fine? It might be innocent enough, but obviously I don't know for sure.

Apart from that, it really just comes down to whether we have people in the community who can come up with clever ideas for this, and skilled artists who would be able to flesh those ideas out into art and logos that would look good enough to wear proudly. This thread gets the ball rolling on that, and if it happens, I can totally see myself ordering a shirt and a hoodie or whatever!

Offline Spenner

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 05:10 AM »
Same with me, I'd love to own some merch to represent the game I have a passion for. The worms t-shirt I painted for a convention one year got some quality feedback from people that knew the game.

Those enlarged weapon sprites are mint, that makes live-tracing in Illustrator super easy.

https://i.gyazo.com/e4904f3b2819462a13abea59be7a1d52.png

^minimal correction would be needed.

As for any dirty work with tracing required, I don't mind doing any of that. Good point about whether it would be legal to sell anything that actually contains the stuff though-- however, I think we're a creative enough bunch, the radioactive symbol is universal and not bound with copyright chokeholds. Custom sprites of worms (references taken from those 3D worms vids from W2, outlined to look like the in-game sprites) would be easy enough to produce.

How about we get people sketching their ideas for some shirts and we pool them together, figure out what the ones which deserve this work to be done on them, and we work to find a solution? If we're allowed to use sprites for certain aspects-- great! If not, I don't think that's really a limitation.

When I have some free time to sketch, I'll get sketching.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 05:44 AM »
I sat and watched your sig for like, 5-10 minutes just analyzing and admiring it Spenner :)

I'd totally wear a Worms Armageddon logo T-shirt.

lacoste, I know we have our history with b2b, but i'd really appreciate it if you guys consulted me if you wanted to actually make a design, after all it was my creation and I only left so you guys could be happy, and you guys haven't exactly kept b2b alive in the spirit it was originally made for, I think I deserve that don't you?

I don't intend to start an arguement, sorry if that annoys you, but it'd honestly hurt me if you guys went ahead and done something like that without even thinking how I would feel.

b2b is something I am extremely proud of being part of in my life.

Offline ANO

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 09:10 AM »
let's do something. even slips, I want a supership on my boxers

Online Sensei

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Told you already Spenner. Make a hoodie of a worm on a rope, escaping his life problems! I'd totally wear that. :)

Komo...you're losing it again.

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 10:10 AM »
... then a variety of more unique designs on the front...

I'm currently making a weapon menu of Intermediate for the front. No additional bullshit, just weapon icons like you would press a right-click and a table with maybe F-keys next to it. Also im thinking of generating some nice random elite map and print it on the front. And now while print-screening some worms expressions i've came up for an idea to make a few in hd with a worm or worms standing on a girder like in this image https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozfa8k48drb0gos/worms%20expressions%20logos.PNG?dl=0

lacoste, I know we have our history with b2b, but...

What if I include a copyright for Komito next to it? Add your soundcloud URL or something, maybe your face on the back? And a quote of your choice?

All I meant was a bazooka and grenade logo, like in b2b flag, or Auto's b2b movie, this has nothing to do with your contribution. I wouldnt even mention b2b if that makes you happy.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:44 AM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova