Forums
April 24, 2024, 11:50 PM

Author Topic: Creating the promo page for TUS. Need a designer!  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Free

Creating the promo page for TUS. Need a designer!
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:43 PM »
So we got MI's approval to make a promo page for the beginners and Bonhert agreed to code it but needs a designer.

Who's up?

And thanks to MI and Bonhert! :)

Offline Free

Re: Creating the promo page for TUS. Need a designer!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:16 AM »
Bumbing this up. The design doesn't need to be all that fancy.

Just an informal about W:A and TUS and stuff.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40 AM »
First you have to decide what to put on that page.

I wouldn't like to see many text there. It should be attractive. Maybe a short introduction into the game and leagues + cool short animations (gifs) of shots and rope tricks. On the next tab/page the video tutorial by vitap (still need to translate it) and on the 3rd page - links to tus and other resources that will help to start...

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:03 AM »
@up: good suggestions

I'd like to see that promo page as a worms news page for any wormer. News, important games, streams, events schedule, important games results, upcoming patch changes, sometimes some clan info and so on. Basically anything we would find interesting.
Kind of a Worms Press.

Then we would have just few more sub pages, like introduction, tutorials and links.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:15 AM by Bonhert »

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:58 AM »
News, important games, streams, events schedule, important games results, upcoming patch changes, sometimes some clan info and so on.
This would repel me very hard, if i would be a guy who first time came on site searching something interesting.

Some cool tricks by pros, rope tricks, amazing shots gifs, top ranks of top players - such kinda things would attract. Basically i agree with Statik. Some short videos would also be cool.
Also, according to latest stuff been implemented not long time ago, would be awesome to make live web streaming of the games. This is just awesome idea for important matches. For most ppl this would work as additional force to fight at maximum to take a honour to take a part of Final steaming games. Or simply learn how pros playing by watching the game, not being kicked out of lobby, coz it has too hort place for watchers. If that kind of info (visualized probably) will be on promo page - that would also attract beginners, imo.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 11:44 AM »
News, important games, streams, events schedule, important games results, upcoming patch changes, sometimes some clan info and so on.

These are infos that help newcomers to stay in touch with the community and up to date.
Lets say Bob enters the website, checks out all the cool stuff you've mentioned (and I totally agree it should be there), but doesn't know if the community is alive. Eventually Bob starts playing and soon he would like to know about things happening around.

The thing is the page can look for example like this:
http://wormspress.com <-- news, streams schedule, important games results (with streams links), events schedule, upcoming patch changes bla bla
http://wormspress.com/intorduction <-- all the cool stuff to fire up a newcomer. We link to this page and we position this page.
http://wormspress.com/tutorials <-- self-explanatory
http://wormspress.com/links <-- divided into categories: communities, clans, file bases, bla bla

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:31 PM »
Actually it's supposed to be a promo page for tus, Bonhert. So all news, streams info and tutorials should stay on tus. I don't think a newcomer will be interested in bng notching tutorial or crazy mablak animal guides :D Only basic things to light a fire hehe.

Offline Free

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 03:52 PM »
Yeah, try to keep it as basic as possible and give directions on where to find more advanced information if someone likes the game and wants to improve.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:44 AM »
Sure fellas, I just thought it would be nice to have a place with all that stuff gathered, as I see all that information scattered over forums, tubes and other websites. Say animal guide- I didn't know about it, I guess because it was posted while I wasn't playing and smite me but I can't notch! ;).

But leave that aside, I got us a webdesiger and we will create a very straightforward single promo page with navigation working a little bit like here: (http://studio.drl.pl/mementocrm.pl/index.php - click on "Strona główna", "Funkcje" and "Opinie". Don't mind some bugs, that page is not finished).

I rather see it as a separate page than tus theme, however we'll place some TUS button-links around and promote it.

Think about:
- domain and title,
- do you want to position the page in any search engines,
- content.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07 AM »
As I said, TUS is a better place for guides. Yes, it's hard to find them on forums, that's why there are topics about TUS design improvements. Though, I'm not sure if TUS redesign will happen soon :)

Anyway let's start with a simple promotion page. It won't be a TUS theme, just a subdomain. After we will perfect that page, we can think about further improvements (news, links to guides, etc.).