Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:34 PM

Author Topic: Gathering content for promotion page  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Bonhert

Gathering content for promotion page
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Concluding topics:
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon-promotion-project/tus-and-wa-promotion-project-19073/
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon-promotion-project/creating-the-promo-page-for-tus-need-a-designer-19141/

We're creating worms armageddon promotion page which we will use to advertise worms on forums, link to new players and announce streams.
Hicks will design and I will code, but first we need to gather up specific content as on such pages content goes in a very organized order and flow.
And this is the part where your help is needed fellas. Post your ideas, thoughts about the content, write descriptions and so on.

I will keep updating this post to summarize everything:
1. Are we gonna position the page in search engines (google, yahoo etc.)?
For worms armageddon and worms series related phrases - yes.
For general gaming phrases - I can't imagine positioning for these unless we got a professional positioner at hand or find some low competition phrases.

2. Title / domain.
Has to be short, catchy, easy to remember and preferably containing "worms" word or another good phrase.
Ideas: Worms Press(wormspress.com), Worms Gaming(wormsgaming.com), Worms Online (this one might be reserved), promo.tus-wa.com

3. Wormy graphics.
I anyone got a nice collection of worms related .gifs, .pngs, .jpgs and so on, send em to me please.

4. Content:
4.1 Basic instructions to start playing

4.2 Upcoming streams

4.3 Main schemes and rules
Noob friendly descriptions, gifs. and youtube links are needed

4.4 Links to other stuff
- TUS (a little bit more text for this as it's gonna be the main link)
The Ultimate Site aka TUS is a website dedicated to the game Worms:Armageddon created by Team17. It contains almost anything related to W:A from leagues and competitive games to maps and other goodies to download. Most of these parts on TUS are linked together and have a relationship with each other.

TUS has grown with ideas suggested by its members. This is kinda our routine to increase the quality of this website by implementing ideas. We welcome newbies as much as oldschoolers. If you are new to this website, don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Checkout our forums!

- worms2d.info - short description needed

- wmdb.org - short description needed

- ONL http://www.normalnonoobs.com/rules
This league was designed and built by NNN members to give people a peaceful place to play games with other Intermediate players in a friendly atmosphere.

- http://wormtube.worms2d.info/
A collection of videos for all your wormy needs! From beginners tutorials to competitive gameplay compilations, you can find here!

- http://wormolympics.com/ - short description needed

4.5 Videos
Worms Armageddon Tutorials -

4.6 Top ranks of top players?

PS. Mind we cannot pump up "Komito" huge blocks of texts so try to keep it all short and catchy.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:06 PM by Bonhert »

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline tuomatz

Re: Gathering content for promotion page
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:06 PM »
What about w2d.info or Forever Leet website? They include everything required imo.
"People without a vehicle, are like worms without F8" - Aristotle

Offline Free

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:14 PM »
What about w2d.info or Forever Leet website? They include everything required imo.

w2d.info is already included in his list.

One thing that definately is needed in that promo page is:

For TUS the welcome text is okay as introduction imo

For ONL I'll ask one of the admins/members to write a short introduction.

For W2D.info I'll ask CS if he could post short introduction for us as he has the whole picture.

Wormtube/WormsArmageddonTV youtube channel - A collection of videos for all your wormy needs! From beginners tutorials to competitive gameplay compilations, you can find here! (Good enough?)

Title or domain. Are you thinking or creating an own site different from TUS? The general idea was to have promo.tus-wa.com or some sub-domain like that, but I guess an own site would work also, don't know.. ideas? Is it more SEO friendly like that?

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:34 PM »

w2d.info is already included in his list.

One thing that definately is needed in that promo page is:

For TUS the welcome text is okay as introduction imo

For ONL I'll ask one of the admins/members to write a short introduction.

For W2D.info I'll ask CS if he could post short introduction for us as he has the whole picture.

Wormtube/WormsArmageddonTV youtube channel - A collection of videos for all your wormy needs! From beginners tutorials to competitive gameplay compilations, you can find here! (Good enough?)

Title or domain. Are you thinking or creating an own site different from TUS? The general idea was to have promo.tus-wa.com or some sub-domain like that, but I guess an own site would work also, don't know.. ideas? Is it more SEO friendly like that?
Even if you were to host it off of tus, you'd still want a redirect.  For example, i used www.wormage.com when the old nbr site was up.  I owned that domain for 5 years, and it was pretty cheap, like 10$ a year.  its easier, especially when advertising something, to say go to www.wormland.com instead of say, www.tus-wa.com/promo or whatnot.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:50 PM »
I know I've posted this 10 times, but the url should be promo.tus-wa.com, because we are promoting both WA and TUS :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Free

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Agreed with Statik. Let's keep it as simple as possible.

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:09 PM »
Yes, separate domain is more SEO friendly but it doesnt matter that much.
What gives a kick for SEO is a domain (or be it a subdomain) containing the key word, I'd say "worms" in our case.

I realize promo.tus-wa.com seems logic for you as you understand whats "tus" and "wa", but for mere mortals its not easy address to memorize. A "-" sign is also not recommened in domains.

We're gonna promote TUS in few places of that page, not just links section.
Reconsider something that an external observer would undestand and recognize.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 08:11 PM »
I think we want people to remember TUS url ultimately? :) A promo page is just to catch attention, but I see you have bigger plans for it :D

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:13 PM »
Yes, separate domain is more SEO friendly but it doesnt matter that much.
What gives a kick for SEO is a domain (or be it a subdomain) containing the key word, I'd say "worms" in our case.

I realize promo.tus-wa.com seems logic for you as you understand whats "tus" and "wa", but for mere mortals its not easy address to memorize. A "-" sign is also not recommened in domains.

We're gonna promote TUS in few places of that page, not just links section.
Reconsider something that an external observer would undestand and recognize.
promo.tus-wa.com is unsearchable, listen to bonhert.  if you guys are a little low in the pockets, ill buy up a domain for you guys.  Just pick one out and ill pull the trigger and redirect it to whatever application-specific literal name you desire.
I think we want people to remember TUS url ultimately? :) A promo page is just to catch attention, but I see you have bigger plans for it :D
people aren't going to remember tus ultimately if they cant even find it in the search engine. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:15 PM by TheWalrus »

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Whatever, the domain is the lastest question we should answer ^^

Offline Free

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 04:59 AM »
Ok, It's smarter to have separate domain for more search engine friendly and easy to remember address which re-directs to promo.tus-wa.com. Is this what your thinking of Bonhert?

For ONL description: This league was designed and built by NNN members to give people a peaceful place to play games with other Intermediate players in a friendly atmosphere.

Also when you link to the NNN site you should link directly to this http://www.normalnonoobs.com/rules

The main layout is confusing for newcomer.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:00 AM by Free »

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:25 PM »
Just a clarification so that we are sure we're thinking same way.

For search engine only matters what you see in your address bar after page has loaded.
So if you want to have an alternate address "promo.tus-wa.com", you will be able to use it, but its gonna apprear as a something else in the address bar.

Does anyone know who owns http://wormsarmageddon.com/ ? It would be perfect imo.

edit:
I've inspected some source and found this: admin@namedia.com . The website seems to be completly dead tho.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:30 PM by Bonhert »

Offline Free

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 02:48 PM »
Just a clarification so that we are sure we're thinking same way.

For search engine only matters what you see in your address bar after page has loaded.
So if you want to have an alternate address "promo.tus-wa.com", you will be able to use it, but its gonna apprear as a something else in the address bar.

Does anyone know who owns http://wormsarmageddon.com/ ? It would be perfect imo.

edit:
I've inspected some source and found this: admin@namedia.com . The website seems to be completly dead tho.

Maybe send an e-mail and ask if its for sale or how to get it?

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 03:41 PM »
I've googled more. It's a web domain service company. I offered them a barter in exchange for the domain :-X.

We still need good descriptions. Native or good english speakers are welcome.

Offline Free

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Good job Bonhert! Admiring your attitude!

I'm not a native speaker and my writing skills ain't the best in here anyways. Any volunteers?