Forums
April 16, 2024, 08:36 AM

Author Topic: Making a presentation about WA's 20th anniversary for school, I need help  (Read 2056 times)

Offline h3oCharles

Full Subject should be: Making a presentation about WA for its 20th anniversary for school, I need your help with checking the scenario

1. introduction
2. showcasing the activity of the game
3. visualize the origin history of Amiga Worms being released
4. briefly explain that there is also Worms 2, then Armageddon, and also World Party (but it's irrelevant)
5. Deadcode made Silkworm, got the source code
6. Deadcode makes patches
7. WormKit is introduced, RubberWorm showcase
8. Where to buy WA?
9. High-level gameplay videos

note to self:
ECTS Davidson attended at was 4-6 September 1994
take a screenshot of AG on 25th May 2019 20:00 local time
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 05:46 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline derp

Making a presentation about WA for its 20th anniversary for school

Okay now I'm interested, update me on how it goes when done, probably in like June 2019 or whatever
Awful Worms player by day, aspiring alcoholic by night. I am the TUS Comic Relief Character, and possibly making a comeback to WA... possibly.

I prefer websnoop to other snoopers, because nobody can see me and I can see everybody. :D

Also, no idea what else to write
leave me alone

Offline h3oCharles

I'll be presenting it on 31st May 2019, this date is also my school's 25th anniversary and I got permission from the headmasters, so... ye

EDIT1: But before that date, there will be rehearsals of course, so it'll be helpful that I'll get a draft of the scenario that I can show to the teachers that are organising the event
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:08 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheWalrus

Please demonstrate how to destroy a spacebar while roping

Offline Sensei

You should probably do few online games in front of the class..
Ideally, get in voice with taner and asbest..

Offline The Extremist

Somewhere along the line, be sure to explain how the community has expanded Worms from its traditional gameplay to rope games and other neat gametypes, many of which use custom maps (show the best examples of those).

And for "8. Where to buy WA?", mention that it can be bought digitally both on Steam and GOG. That those versions are fully cross-compatible with the original CD-ROMs might also be worth mentioning (as may be the censored content).

Bringing up the game's glowing reviews both new and old might also be something to consider.

Oh, and including the series' humour (voicebanks, death animations, AI names, special weapons, and so on), possibly in the introduction, might be good for added detail.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:51 AM by The Extremist »

Offline h3oCharles

Please demonstrate how to destroy a spacebar while roping
I'd love to :D

You should probably do few online games in front of the class...
I did some roping during 1st grade on e-sport classes, only the teacher was interested because he played WA as well

Ideally, get in voice with taner and asbest..
I hope that's a joke

Somewhere along the line, be sure to explain how the community has expanded Worms from its traditional gameplay to rope games and other neat gametypes, many of which use custom maps (show the best examples of those).

Now THAT is the feedback I was looking for!
How the community was expanded, huh? Can you elaborate on that? Is showcasing TUS not enough?

And for "8. Where to buy WA?", mention that it can be bought digitally both on Steam and GOG. That those versions are fully cross-compatible with the original CD-ROMs might also be worth mentioning (as may be the censored content).
Yup, already know this

Bringing up the game's glowing reviews both new and old might also be something to consider.

wdym reviews?

Oh, and including the series' humour (voicebanks, death animations, AI names, special weapons, and so on), possibly in the introduction, might be good for added detail.

You mean default content, right?

Offline h3oCharles

Remind me later to show a mockup of a presentation I'll be using

oh, and what songs I could use for background?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 09:11 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Sbaffo

oh, and what songs I could use for background?

Offline TheKomodo

Lmfao Sbaffo, that video had me cracking up :D :D

When his shoe came off and the camera zoomed in on the shoe! LOL!

Offline Mega`Adnan

Lmfao Sbaffo, that video had me cracking up :D :D

When his shoe came off and the camera zoomed in on the shoe! LOL!

Dank memes. ;D

@TMC; How about this one?

Actually, better use one of the Komodo's.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline h3oCharles

*youtube video*
f@#! no, I know you're taking this for granted but this is serious, I was thinking more... WA leitmotif remixes, like Komodo's Angry Scot Remix, FinTom's Metal Tribute to Worms, Drex Wiln's Cover, etc.

How about this one?
Seems... too calm and sad

Actually, better use one of the Komodo's.
finally, someone, that I can relate to

Offline The Extremist

How the community was expanded, huh? Can you elaborate on that? Is showcasing TUS not enough?

Not how the community was expanded (though that's important too - besides TUS, the clans might be worth a mention), how the players expanded the way WA was played, from standard deathmatch with generated maps to all the crazy custom schemes and maps we have now.

wdym reviews?

Just reviews, whether they be professional or from consumers. Here's some good sources:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/worms-armageddon/mobyrank
https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/worms-armageddon
https://store.steampowered.com/app/217200/Worms_Armageddon/ (scroll down)
https://www.gog.com/game/worms_armageddon (scroll down)