Forums
April 19, 2024, 01:24 PM

Author Topic: Protect our future?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Protect our future?
« on: October 17, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Well, the way things are going right now, we're more inactive than ever, but it seems the hardcore fans will always be hardcore until they die or the servers do...

I probably will always play this game, although i'm hoping to take a break and achieve some success with music/work.

I don't want to go away, come back only to possibly find TUS gone, servers down, i'd lose touch with so many friends.

So what can we do to protect this, I know people use Discord / IRC / Skype / etc, but is there something we can use where EVERYONE can use it? Where everyone is registered to something and we can find out if they are still active or not, still get in touch if they don't...

Also, I know we have StepS server for when Team17s goes down, but I forgot the information for that, reckon we could make it more common knowledge somehow.

I haven't really got any ideas right now this just sparked in my mind 5 minutes ago so i'm typing freely here, so anything anyone can suggest to sustain our future, would be cool.

Can you imagine, people used to go outside and have family BBQs and play in the pool, in 30-40 years some of us will have grandchildren and can have online parties with webcams, probably holograms by that point, f**k, will be crazy! Imagine an 80 year old sexy party with granpa nino and his walking stick BWUahuAHUahAhahaha! I bet his grand daughters will be hot though :P

Offline WTF-8

Re: Protect our future?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:44 AM »
So what can we do to protect this, I know people use Discord / IRC / Skype / etc, but is there something we can use where EVERYONE can use it? Where everyone is registered to something and we can find out if they are still active or not, still get in touch if they don't...
That's called a social network.

Also, I know we have StepS server for when Team17s goes down, but I forgot the information for that, reckon we could make it more common knowledge somehow.
The game will suggest to switch to community server list in case no connection with Team17 WormNET1 can be established. The players can then choose StepS' server from the list if it's available. Yeah they won't know about it until then, but they should be able to find it when it's needed.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Korydex

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:49 AM »
That's called a social network.
and our social network is called TUS xd

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:12 AM »
You can help promote TUS by promoting it.

You can wear TUS tag and tell people about it.

You can make new Worms friends and start a fresh clan.

Continue arranging tournaments and stream them.

Stream random games you find online.

Make a Worms Armageddon Remastered trailer & put other Worms titles to shame.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Make a Worms Armageddon Remastered trailer & put other Worms titles to shame.

Team17 got burned by the creator of ZaR lmao :D

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 09:46 AM »
what about goom's discord?

Offline Triad

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 11:02 AM »
I think #worms on IRC will be always on, in case you want to find people.

And I don't think TUS will ever go down, even if WormNET does. Even if MI will need money to pay for servers, he can always put some ads and I don't think anybody will ever complain.

Offline nino

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 11:36 AM »
WImagine an 80 year old sexy party with granpa nino and his walking stick BWUahuAHUahAhahaha! I bet his grand daughters will be hot though :P

huahuahuahauhua!!! That would be really awesome!

well ill always try to be here and play some games too, ill show WA to my kid asap xD

WA will never Die ae!!!

cant w8 to see him owning everyone at zar roper!!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Godmax

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 12:26 PM »
I have never ever seen nino outside the shoutbox/forum never seen you play this shit, ever. Or is nino=pixy?

Offline nino

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40 PM »
cos u arrived here just few years ago!

iam the king porra!!!

ask ae among the old putos and ull know better whos is and who was nino aka da king xD

edit, when i used to be active playing WA, pixy probably was yet at his dad's balls! same goes 4 u porramax
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:43 PM by nino »

Offline Godmax

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 01:03 PM »
You are NOT a Worms player only sambadancingthongrecifebearbrasilian

Offline nino

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 01:22 PM »
You are NOT a Worms player only sambadancingthongrecifebearbrasilian

iam also this  :D :D

Offline HHC

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 02:16 PM »
Do as me and have your steam buddy list filled with wormers.  ;D

I have played with many in other games than worms, always fun  8)

Offline Godmax

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 02:44 PM »
You probably talking about Rocket League fetishist Senseiovic

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 03:01 PM »
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for worms children.