Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:48 PM

Author Topic: "Put your password" campaign  (Read 2139 times)

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
"Put your password" campaign
« on: December 22, 2020, 11:25 PM »
I'm tired of these guys that want to host their private games but can't have the decency to add a password to it. Whether HB's way for setting a password is confusing or not, it still happens for DirectIP/WormNAT2 games. On top of that, the hoster may be afk long time, and kick you out many minutes later. In fact, joining an OPEN Shopper in #PartyTime or #RopersHeaven is a no-go anymore. And some have kept on doing this shit for maaany months. Yes they know I have told them.

Any ideas to convince them to stop wasting my time?
Latest case: WormNAT2-hosted "shopper" for FD.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:32 PM by lolicon-guy »

Offline nino

Re: "Put your password" campaign
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 12:24 PM »
my pass is : lolicondaman
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 08:27 PM »
this is a daily occurance, there's nothing you can do about it

Offline lolicon-guy

• Chile Chile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 10:08 PM »
Well then I have a question. If this didn't happen nearly as often before, why it became a thing now?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 11:19 PM »
Well then I have a question. If this didn't happen nearly as often before, why it became a thing now?
Hoster has a responsibility to greet, manage, & question newcomers about the game mode they entered. For example, I can have my host open for a couple of minutes while having other people in it. At times as a host I can be afk and this is made obvious by having my absence be relayed through a team name or map ''afk 2 min'', or letting other know about my absence before leaving to do my stuff before returning.
However, when someone with poor to no English at all steps into my host room, and make no effort to communicate, then they get the boot. This also goes for trolls, losers, & toxic people.

Some may not be as sophisticated and as result they boot the anomaly because it doesn't fit to their narrow mindset.  Therefore they are not responsible.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB