Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:06 AM

Author Topic: Worms: Battle Frontier (A concept idea for Worms: Armageddon)  (Read 5681 times)

Offline MrRussellgro

Hey, guys! How ya all doin'?
I am planning on making a modded project for Worms: Armageddon featuring new and modded content for the game like new maps, soundbanks, weapons, missions, etc. I am planning on seeking some voice actors for the new and original voices for the mod that will be added as extra voices, which I may edit them to sound like the worms themselves.

New maps so far:
- Team 17 Logo (2016)

Here are my soundbanks I am planning on working on so far, which will have more of them when I think of some:
- Anime Hero
- Director
- Documentary Narrator
- Geek
- Princess
- Rock Star
- S.W.A.T.
- Tsundere
- TV Announcer
- Weatherman

If you wanna leaven suggestions, feedback, comments, or wanna help on the project, please feel free to comment here! Thanks.

Offline STRGRN

Re: Worms: Battle Frontier (A concept idea for Worms: Armageddon)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 02:15 PM »
All of this can already be done with Project X http://px.worms2d.info/ (except soundbanks and maps, which are easy to do with vanilla W:A)

Offline MrRussellgro

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:34 PM »
All of this can already be done with Project X http://px.worms2d.info/ (except soundbanks and maps, which are easy to do with vanilla W:A)
Cool! Thanks for the program.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:46 PM »
Try talking to StepS, VitAp, Ted and WTF-8 about Project X, they might help you a bunch.

As it goes to voice actors, I have terrible hardware for recording, but I have the skill for it :/

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 07:49 PM »
I can definitely do voice acting mate, can do a ridiculous variety of voices.

Can also produce/mix/master music:

https://soundcloud.com/komito-1

Offline Free

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Sounds cool guys!

We should come up with the ultimate scheme that would even appeal to masses, something fast paced and full of action.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 08:34 PM »
I could give voice acting a try, might take a bit longer to get the right accent, though. I have a weird sort-of-Dutch accent when I'm not trying much, I can do a couple of them if I focus (right, Komo? :) )

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 08:39 PM »
Sounds cool guys!

We should come up with the ultimate scheme that would even appeal to masses, something fast paced and full of action.

hysteria

Offline MrRussellgro

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 10:58 PM »
Awesome! Thanks for the advice for help on Project X! I would love to learn how to work the game that way! :(
As for the voice acting, SWEET! Thanks. Just PM me a role you can select from. I may do more later on since I thought I could add more voices into the game. I may adjust the pitch later if it is cool. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 01:59 AM »
I can do a few of those pretty well, I can do cutesy smurf like voices too, as well as movie voiceover, the Rob Schneider voiceover from South Park, have you ever watched Charlie The Unicorn? I can do the 2 weird unicorns pretty well also, and various other voices.

I'll try recording some rough demos for you this week on the laptop microphone just to give you an idea.

DarkOne does a badass Arnold Schwarzenegger :D GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!

Yeah my only problem right now is because of my housing situation I don't have my microphone stuff setup for recording voices properly, I could use my field recorder but that picks up too much background noise, the point here being, what is the time limit? When do you need this stuff by, do you have a date for the finished project in mind?

Offline MrRussellgro

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 03:18 AM »
I can do a few of those pretty well, I can do cutesy smurf like voices too, as well as movie voiceover, the Rob Schneider voiceover from South Park, have you ever watched Charlie The Unicorn? I can do the 2 weird unicorns pretty well also, and various other voices.

I'll try recording some rough demos for you this week on the laptop microphone just to give you an idea.

DarkOne does a badass Arnold Schwarzenegger :D GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!

Yeah my only problem right now is because of my housing situation I don't have my microphone stuff setup for recording voices properly, I could use my field recorder but that picks up too much background noise, the point here being, what is the time limit? When do you need this stuff by, do you have a date for the finished project in mind?
Well, I am focusing on making this project by either Summer or Fall of this year. I wanna make this into the best mod there is for other fans of Worms to enjoy. It may be a non-profit type of project, but it will be a fun one to remember. ;)

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 03:53 AM »
One thing though, why not just make a bunch of maps, soundbanks, missions, weapons etc separately? Is it that important to combine them into a pack and give it a loud name, even if they don't have anything to do with each other?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline MrRussellgro

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 04:28 AM »
One thing though, why not just make a bunch of maps, soundbanks, missions, weapons etc separately? Is it that important to combine them into a pack and give it a loud name, even if they don't have anything to do with each other?
Good point.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 04:28 AM »
why is everyone so motivated about this shit xd

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 07:10 AM »
cant wait to hear your guys voice acting recording, sounds interesting