Forums
April 23, 2024, 03:42 PM

Author Topic: worms streaming bot  (Read 4918 times)

Offline avirex

worms streaming bot
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:03 PM »
in order to stream, we always need a guy streaming to be online, and in the game...

i was thinking today, and wondering if it was possible for someone to make a bot... it would work similar to hostingbuddy, maybe when your in the host all ready, the host types !streambot or something, and then it auto joins, and starts to stream games....

now there would obviously only be one (or maybe more if it worked, and was popular) so we could ask that its only used on clannes, or important singles matches, and when there is playoff games that are coming up, and scheduled, maybe the maker/host of the bot can make the bot password protected for certain hours of the PO date, and give it to the upcoming players...

im not sure if this is even a possibility, but it would be neat to have this... and i figure it could be done, we have so many others bots in AG, even one who hosts when commanded to, so why not one who streams games???

is this an option? would anyone know how to go about doing this???

Re: worms streaming bot
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:41 PM »
It is possible avirex and actually not that complicated I believe if you use something as twitch. Then come the question of which game should be in streaming. I don't think "random" games are any interesting and play in favor of the game advertisement. Moreover, it requires a server that can capture the game which mean use of graphic and cpu. So you need to find someone willing to lend this. Anyways, this is a good idea and I'm sure we should listen to what cybershadow and DC think about it.

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:57 AM »
that's where the maturity of the community will be appreciated... don't use the bot just to stream some silly bungee race or something... save it for clan Games, and more importantly play off matches..

ziop, can you make a bot like this?

then we need to find someone willing to constantly run the bit, twitch, and whatever else needed, ae?

anyone have a spare pc that's always running, and good connection?

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:25 AM »
Well, streaming itself ain't a problem. Other people even already did the script. I'm not familiar with bot programming. I know hostingbuddy is using D programming and you can join the group to see the source code. I believe this could be set up quite quickly by someone mastering D programming or who was involved with hostingbuddy.

Offline sm0k

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 05:13 AM »
good idea but if u gonna have to type /streambot .. i belive new comers or annoing guys would just use it all the time. some extra point like a mod on tus have to confirm that stream as well.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01 AM »
good idea !

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 09:04 AM »
In 4.0 supposedly you can join games in progress to watch

don't take my word for it though
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41 PM »
this would be great but alot of the time clanners take forever, if this can be done quickly then i think its great, but i kinda see this making clan games take even longer

and i agree with smok, i see people abusing this but there has to b a way to solve that... maybe something linked to tus similar to the way the analyzer works, then you could use what gets typed there to advertise its streaming, just something simple like CF vs dt BnG

Offline Free

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 02:29 PM »
This would be exactly what we would need.

If theres a possibility to put a password then it wouldn't be on wrong hands.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 03:50 PM »
I don't think we should link it to tus website. WN and TuS are two different things. WN will live when tus will die.
My main concern is finding someone willing to lend a sever that powerful because don't forget that it uses so much bandwidth ressources also !
My best bet is getting cybershadow give his opinion on this because he's most likely the one who would be the more efficient in coding it.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 05:28 PM »
[...]some silly bungee race or something[...]

Snob  :P Are you intending the stream for everybody - including people who don't know WA - or do you think this stream is only for guys who already know all about WA?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Imo we should primarily have a stream for our personal benefit. Especially PO where some people want to watch it live and not wait for the replays. I mean, let's be realistic the chances of W:A lifting off to gain more popularity are slim and no streaming bot will change that so it should be aimed to an audience that exists, us!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 09:19 PM »
I mean, let's be realistic the chances of W:A lifting off to gain more popularity are slim

Someone hasn't been paying attention to steam :P

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 09:32 PM »
I mean, let's be realistic the chances of W:A lifting off to gain more popularity are slim

Its a shame though that team17's profiteering has resulted in many like worms games, instead of one consolidated 2d worms community.  This diversification of like titles only widens the divide of the worms games.  I do applaud worms revolution, but WWP, W2:A (X360 & PS3), and W:Reloaded were obvious money grabs.  Despite worms revolutions shortfalls, it represents the first true gameplay innovations and basic game engine update since 1997.  It is crazy that team17 up to that point had recycled the worms 2 formula for so long.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:18 PM by TheWalrus »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Actually I posted the the thread about it. ;D What I mean is, that it is so unlikely that W:A reaches the popularity it needs to be what this project is aiming for. Hence I suggest something that benefits the current playerbase rather than potential players.