Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:55 AM

Author Topic: [serious] WA Development Kickstarter and/or paid partnership with Team 17?  (Read 3042 times)

Offline Sensei

you never were highly competitive to begin with. You are okay with casually playing a funner now and then and enjoy the game. That's fine and the game is okay if you just enjoy it that way and will probably work until the day you die since you can just play with your small circle of friends. But that's not what I want, and that's why I express my "negativity".

I have 1397 ranked games played in last 4 years.

Highly competitive hahahh..  I was never creme de la creme of tus, mediocre at best.. But mastered few schemes that i enjoyed to play and proved it against numerous players.

There was literally abundance of ppl to play against in these last 8 years of your stay on tus, Anubis.
"Highly competitive" ones as well. Guess you just liked to do warmers with small circle of friends, rather than compete..

EDIT: sorry for off topic joe. I'm out anyway. Probably nothing will happen but I like what you're doing. Also great job with steam discussion threads for newcomers. You're fore sure most active guy there when someone is in a search for help. Keep it up. Peace

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:49 PM by Sensei »

Offline Kradie

Worms Armageddon is not dead, and never was. Just because you and your friends have stopped playing the game, new people will always come. This is a normal phase that we all might have experienced, we play, people go, we get bored, and we move on. So what I'm trying to say here is, just because people move on, don't make a game dead. This can apply for any other games. I'm sure if a few people left CS GO, it wouldn't make it dead, same for WA.

WA activity is as active now as it once was 14 years ago when it comes to player activity. It's just that the competitive part is dying.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

Worms Armageddon isn't dead.

But Worms Armageddon as we know it, is dead.

Anubis is spot on with everything he has said, Team17 has shunned the game for many years now, the game could be completely revamped with updated matchmaking systems and other stuff, but they aren't interested.

If only one of us were a billionaire, or could convince daina to marry one...

Offline Xrayez

I would rather fund a proper remaster of W:A, like the one Blizzard is doing with Warcraft 3. New technology for modern gaming, the fundamental online capacity is ancient and so outdated it is really hard to go back to W:A when all newer games are vastly superior in that regard. The game is great, the online interaction sucks major balls. We just got used to it, but objectively the online part of W:A is basic, ancient, outdated and simply garbage by todays standards. :D

Yes, not only the gameplay infrastructure and technology are outdated, but also the codebase is full of hacks and workarounds that nobody wants to delve in and maintain I believe, so it's just easier to write it all from scratch with the proper architecture. ???

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Team17 doesn't have the skill or organizational culture to create a proper Worms game from scratch. There's nobody good left in their company, just soulless profit suckers. A WA update/remaster is our last hope for the Worms franchise. The gameplay isn't outdated, and that's the most important part.

Offline TheKaren

so it's just easier to write it all from scratch with the proper architecture. ???

Speaking of which, how is your project coming along?

Do you have footage you can send me so I can start making some audio?

Offline Mega`Adnan

Worms Armageddon isn't dead.

But Worms Armageddon as we know it, is dead.

Anubis is spot on with everything he has said, Team17 has shunned the game for many years now, the game could be completely revamped with updated matchmaking systems and other stuff, but they aren't interested.

If only one of us were a billionaire, or could convince daina to marry one...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline Anubis

you never were highly competitive to begin with. You are okay with casually playing a funner now and then and enjoy the game. That's fine and the game is okay if you just enjoy it that way and will probably work until the day you die since you can just play with your small circle of friends. But that's not what I want, and that's why I express my "negativity".

I have 1397 ranked games played in last 4 years.

Highly competitive hahahh..  I was never creme de la creme of tus, mediocre at best.. But mastered few schemes that i enjoyed to play and proved it against numerous players.

There was literally abundance of ppl to play against in these last 8 years of your stay on tus, Anubis.
"Highly competitive" ones as well. Guess you just liked to do warmers with small circle of friends, rather than compete..

EDIT: sorry for off topic joe. I'm out anyway. Probably nothing will happen but I like what you're doing. Also great job with steam discussion threads for newcomers. You're fore sure most active guy there when someone is in a search for help. Keep it up. Peace

Of course I have played 4 years ago, I had a semi-active phase in dt, I made 2 clans, one with with barman, komo and one I made with ropa and Kaleu. I engaged with the best ttrr player in recent history (sbaffo), so what is the point you are making? You played competitive games, well so did I. You can bath in your games played on TUS all you want, it doesn't change anything about the current state, which is funny you guys usually are the first to complain about us oldies that we only care about the past, well I am here telling you the present is f@#!ed but "oldies of TUS" are ignoring the fact that W:A is dying in-front of your eyes and you don't even acknowledge it. :D

4 Years ago the game wasn't as competitively dead as it is in the past year or two. I can dig up my past as well where I played thousands of singles/clanners prior to TUS, what's the point? We are not debating the past, I thought this was obvious.

The point is, I could always go back to TUS and get competitive, as you can clearly see in my history I did just that. Nowadays? Nope, and that's what our discussion is about. W:A as a competitive game is near it's dying breath.

I remember in recent years when a topic about "W:A is dying" was always nah mate, it's summer, the people will all come back in Winter. It doesn't take a genius that it continually gets less and less active. Now you will jump out of the bush and tell me: WELL THEN PLAY MOAR, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT TOO. No, I am not, a healthy competitive community does not rely on single individuals let alone old players such as myself. We already had our no-life phase where we played 24/7, were super engaged and made projects and tbh our "version" of W:A was more successful in that regard, no issues with new blood pouring in. I am not blaming you for what has happened to W:A. But damn it, stop blaming me when I state the f@#!ing obvious because you guys will keep defending a part of W:A that is a shell of what it used to be.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:31 PM by Anubis »

Offline h3oCharles

do I need popcorn?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
do I need popcorn?
Nah this thread is dead.

Offline h3oCharles

How about getting Andy Davidson involved?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
That would be great. Where is that guy?

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
That would be great. Where is that guy?
last time i heard about him, he was updating Worms: The Directors Cut.
EDIT- Source: http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2018-06-00009-EN.html
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:40 PM by Thewolensheep »
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
Wow, so he's still interested in Worms, and in writing patches for old Worms games. I wonder if he has access to the WA source code. He might be just the spark needed to get things going.

Offline Chicken23

i do think its an interesting idea to try and crowdsource money to fund a remastered version of WA. The biggest challenge will be getting T17 onboard so that they could see a return on investment for the money that would be put in the game, even if its not their money, they'd need some percentage of profit on the rights as own the trademark on WA.

Nothing is impossible and worms is still a strong brand that nearly everyone knows and remembers, there just needs to be a profitable business case for T17 to be the slightest bit interested.