Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:39 AM

Author Topic: [solved] grouse  (Read 1149 times)

Offline aik

[solved] grouse
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:58 PM »
Has something changed in wormnet? 95% of the games noone seems to even say "hf". I consider this very basic courtesy. Often first message on chat is "fck" or worse.

This makes me feel uncomfortable, which causes me failing (more than the usual ^^), which leads to me not having fun… And as I play just for fun, seems my reason for playing worms is gone.

Maybe I should stop playing worms for a while, but I'm afraid that wormnet even became a more rude place, when I return…  :(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:35 AM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline Sensei

Re: grouse
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 01:28 AM »
Mark ppl you know on snooper. Play with them.
Boot or ignore random idiots.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 01:29 AM »
i just messaged you on snooper to play and you are ignoring me so you can play rocket league or some shit like that

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 01:37 AM »
i just messaged you on snooper to play and you are ignoring me so you can play rocket league or some shit like that

Lol. Sound was on mute.
I'm joining for a few! Sbs is also around for some games I think.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:08 AM »
It definitely seems like people used to be far chattier. Hell, most of Worms is downtime, so what else do you have to do BUT chat?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 06:45 AM »
I have to admit, personally I find lurkers the most annoying thing in the world, if it was up to me everybody would be removed from #AG after 5 minutes of AFK, if you really need to send messages to each other and read them later, there is Email, Text, Discord, IRC, Whatsapp, TUS, etc...

I try to leave my snooper on as much as possible, so you usually see me there, but, at least i'm ACTUALLY at my computers ready to chat if someone messages, I admit sometime I pop out for 5-10 minutes and forgot to shut down though(apology for that).

Offline aik

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 09:06 AM »
I think I might be just a bit thin-skinned atm, because I’m finishing my graduation work – and am overly dissapointed, when the few games I play now don't relax me like I'd like ^^
…also I got sinusitis -> even more thin skin…

So… never mind me moaning. I'll be back when I finished my work, and maybe just play more league-games. Also I'm at a quiet place with no access to port settings – when I'm back home I'll be able to host by myself and get KawooshKick back – and will again be free of the worst idiots ;)
<dream>
</dream>

Offline aik

Re: [solved] grouse
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 09:37 AM »
FYI: I'm back at my home PC. Got KawooshKick* back and no more graduation work on my back. Worms will be fine as ever  ;D

*TY so much Kawoosh :)
<dream>
</dream>