Forums > General discussion

[virtually solved] Programming language used for worms (2 and/or armageddon)

(1/3) > >>

aik:
Hoihoi!

Can any one tell me, which programming language was used to implement the core components of the game?

…always thought it would be "BlitzBasic", which was used for worms1-dc - it got stuck in my head somehow for worms2+, too - but might be different one ^^

Thewolensheep:
C++ i assume.

aik:

--- Quote from: TheCrazedGuy on January 15, 2018, 03:03 AM ---C++ i assume.

--- End quote ---

Thx for reply - after realizing, worms2+ probably weren't made with BlitzBasic, I thought that, too.

Any1 knows for sure (and willing/allowed/… to tell)? Maybe even CyberShadow or Deadcode?

…also I'd love to know any more info on worms-physics-model…
Is there any open info beyond http://worms2d.info/User:Etho/Physics_Engine ? Especially anything on roping?
…maybe I should make a new topic for this ^^

EDIT: Yey 100th post - full member with this post =)

Xrayez:
Most likely C/C++ for Worms 2 / W:A.

I follow CyberShadow on GitHub and found his ArmageddonEngine library that "was initially intended to be the open-source part of an ambitious D rewrite of the 1999 video game "Worms Armageddon". And you know what? The D language is inspired by C/C++ for the most part!

As for the scripting language that might have been used for gameplay programming,  for some reason I'm thinking about Lua language.

aik:

--- Quote from: Xrayez on January 22, 2018, 03:24 PM ---Most likely C/C++ for Worms 2 / W:A.

I follow CyberShadow on GitHub and found his ArmageddonEngine library that "was initially intended to be the open-source part of an ambitious D rewrite of the 1999 video game "Worms Armageddon". And you know what? The D language is inspired by C/C++ for the most part!

As for the scripting language that might have been used for gameplay programming,  for some reason I'm thinking about Lua language.

--- End quote ---

Ye - that's what I thought (and did for the "following on GitHub"-part) =)

I'll mark Thread as "solved", because ye C++ is most likely the answer.
It'd still be nice to know for absolute sure, so feel free to answer CS and DC (;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version