Forums
April 25, 2024, 09:30 PM

Author Topic: ****ATTENTION ALL ROPERS****  (Read 4454 times)

Offline avirex

****ATTENTION ALL ROPERS****
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:20 AM »
first of all, if you enjoy roping, and you have not played w2 roping yet, please check the replay i attached.... it was such a good game, and a lot of strategy, i made some mistakes early on in the game, so at the end, i had to play my ass off to try to win...

but i didnt :(

please check the replay, just watch how the scheme is played, and the level of strategy that is involved in the game... rather then... *collect cr8, attack.... collect cr8, attack... collect cr8, attack...repeat repeat repeat*

the scheme is a rubberworm scheme, so you will need rubberworm to view it.

now, with that said,  there will be a w2 roper league shortly... we already have one ran on www.myleague.com/roper but "myleague" kind of sux... Hulk from w2 has been working on a new website for our w2 roper league. it will be released shortly..

recently about 30+ old school w2ers have came back to w:a because they discovered rubber worm.... and each player has been scanning his old w2 contacts, to talk to some oldies, and see if they are interested in coming back as well... for instance, Raekwon came back just today! hes a good friend, and a legend :DD 

oldsock, aladdin, dibz, and other w:a guys have already signed up for the current league, and all enjoy the scheme... its fast pace, and skilled based...  not really much luck involved, being you make your own choices on what you want to do.. you determine how your game will go.... all though, obviously if you get a cr8 that lands next to your worm for the entire game, your going to have a pretty lucky/easy game... but other than that, there is very little luck.

anyway... i just wanted to let all of W:A know about the league we have in process, and the new league that will be coming soon... its a w2 rope only league.

dont be confused with the w2rope scheme i made in the past...

this scheme is used with rubber worm, to make the rope faster, changed gravity, etc.

please check replay, or better yet, join the league :DD

when the new league is made, ill post a link for anyone who is interested.. thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:22 AM by avirex »

Offline XanKriegor

Re: ****ATTENTION ALL ROPERS****
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:34 AM »
A list of differences between Roper and this please?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:37 AM by XanKriegor »

Offline avirex

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 04:41 AM »
after you watch the replay, if you have any questions let me know... but im not going to waste my time listing differences, if you cant bother to watch a simple replay.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Im at work, reading from phone. This list would be useful so people could get quick idea what it is, and im sure im not alone who thinks so.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 05:25 AM »
Sounds pretty good, are you sure all the w2 players are legit and not aliased/impostered?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Title: Attention all ropers!!!
Final product: Scheme without afr rule.

What's this? Some sort of clickbait? :)
If you meant it as fun oriented league, I'll thumb up - looks nice!

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Unfortunately this is quite subpar compared to ZaR. You may argue it is older and holds more value due to hypocrisy but it is flawed.

There's no water drop here, meaning that are no sense of skill when you place a mine or throw a grenade. Therefor it leads to more luck.

What's up with the dynamite? It's overkill to have such devastating weapon, wouldn't you think?

2 worms is a nice touch, ZaR have this implemented which works flawlessly.

ZaR is inspired by Worms 2 Roper, but it goes beyond it in terms of pure skill.

Sadly bigotry will overshadow.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline nino

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Kradie and his Zar Scheme makes me remember of Maciej and his fingerroll vid lmfao
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 11:41 AM »
This vid is still around?

Offline nino

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 11:43 AM »
This vid is still around?

at youtube i guess pm maciej ae! xD
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 12:20 PM »
Pic says its this:

:D :D :D

Offline AduN

• Chile Chile
  • hai2u!!1!:)
    • View Profile
    • my page
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 12:48 PM »
it's a good scheme, i like it more than classic roper. but i'm afraid of w2 roper's physics could affect my perception of classic's roping physic .

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Also I made a poll last year if people were interested in having Worms 2 rope implemented into WA. Majority was against it, so again as I said the poll was about to have Worms 2 rope mechanic in the game as default. But WA already have the /ir function to enable it.

Here's that official thread I talked about
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/worms-2-rope-on-wa-29753/msg250039/#msg250039

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Do i need rubberworm to watch this? I just watched without rubber and I don't get what im looking at but it doesnt look like there is any roping?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 01:30 PM »
Do i need rubberworm to watch this? I just watched without rubber and I don't get what im looking at but it doesnt look like there is any roping?

It's basically roper without rules. You can choose to get crate or not. So basically you attack and hide or get crate, it is entirely up to the player.  There's also no water drop, dynamite, and the rope uses /ir that simulates the Worms 2's rope.