Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:24 PM

Author Topic: **Olympics 2012**  (Read 4660 times)

Offline GreatProfe

Re: **Olympics 2012**
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49 PM »
A little request for people participating in the olympics.
While most simply play their games and don't make a fuss, a couple of people are causing extra work due to aliasing, causing complaints, complicating tournaments (postponing games, changing partners in the middle of the tourney, stuff like that)

Please stop.

FFie made the olympics in the first place because she thought it would be fun. It's already quite a chore getting all the results on the site without all the extra work. It's no longer fun for her if there's hardly time for her to play in the olympics cause she's been kept busy by other people.
If it stops being fun organising this, WO might stop. So please use your head before you enter a tournament. Make sure you can complete your tourney if it's a team-based tournament. Don't alias. Don't make complaints by grasping straws.

I know this doesn't apply to most people playing, but it would be appreciated if you would encourage the exceptions to do us this little favour :)

Thanks.

Hi D1. I wanna say somethings what i think about the Worm Olympics. It's time to WO changes his rules. Aliasers and all bad stuff is allowed with the WO rules. Ffie also doesnt know what She does. She managements her league with ur own decisions. There isnt rules clear.

I started in 2010 the ABL League (inactive for now due i am busy to make the new website). That league worked so nice with many rules and the most important: players registered in website. No registers = More fakes and aliasers.

Ah i forgot 1 more point: It is really annoying the schemes what some hosters picks. Sometimes ppl create a new scheme what they even dont try to play b4 the tourney, this generates much mess... I guess the schemes must to be pre-selected to the ppl choose what they want host. See this: http://www.wormolympics.com/t877 (WTF is this scheme xD)

If FFie and You want, i can help u in the website and in the rules. I am not an expert but i just want to help u guys, WO is really very funny and all here like it :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:49 AM by Professor »

Offline OrangE

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 01:44 AM »
rofl

Offline lalo

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15 AM »
Write the rules you need necessary to implement, Profe! We can't wait for it!!

Offline Turko

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 03:19 AM »
WO rules are fine, the only think i would not accept is comet dodging tournaments, but i think everything else is fine.

And that tournament was fine, no hidden rules and a strategic scheme.
Asbest`FAW> after match I will complain to ffie 
MOD`Dmitry> ok i too 
TdC--Turko> and ill get a lawyer

Spoiler! View

TdC''Turko> When will you fix your pc?
TaG'G> Never
TaG'G> Or maybe next week

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 03:41 AM »
Write the rules you need necessary to implement, Profe! We can't wait for it!!

man, u dont need troll me, i am just giving my suggestions... Well, everybody know the problems what WO has. I even wrote in my first post. So, that's all.

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 08:07 AM »
the only problem WO have its dmitry hosting kami 24/7 and doing false pairs where he put pros vs pros, chilians vs chilians, ukrainians vs ukrainians etc

Offline Peja

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 08:14 AM »
prof, didnt you already post the same stuff last year?

Offline theredi

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 08:46 AM »

So, that's all.

no thats not all, u talk like some big ass smartest person in the world who know how to do everything the best but u are not doint anything except talking...

u have always 1000 brilliant ideas but somehow no1 cares about them and no1 need them...

the only problem wo has its what impo said, f@#!ed up mods, not everyone should be able to host a tourney lolo

AND BTW I JUST WANTED TO ANNOUNCE: I INVITE U ALL TO MY ROPER 2V2 BAZOOKA TOURNEY TODAY 20 GMT COME ALL

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 09:46 AM »

everybody know the problems what WO has.

When you figured that the lack of registration to WO was the problem to aliasing did you stop for a second and ask yourself why no registrations are in place and what does it bring to the table?

Do you think we can do without what no reigstration gives us just to be able to be alias free?

(not that registrations would mean the end to aliasing, anyway)
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 10:10 AM »
Well, not much to say except i totally disagree with you prof. :)
WO has no problem except it's hell fun to play new scheme and have lot of tourney and activity in wa !

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 10:33 AM »
I guess to end aliasing registration on WO wont help, It should be registration on wormnet and to play WO your account must have at least 15 played games for example. Wait for W:A 4.0 guys :d

Offline Rok

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 11:09 AM »
Who the **** cares, really? Suppose I decide to play WO as Rochwald. Why the **** do you care? I'm seriously interested.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 12:53 PM »
I guess to end aliasing registration on WO wont help, It should be registration on wormnet and to play WO your account must have at least 15 played games for example. Wait for W:A 4.0 guys :d

You don't understand.

WO is supposed to be easy to use and open for everyone. All these things you're coming up with are but limitations imposed for no reason other than try and remove part of the trouble making.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 12:56 PM »
I understand all fine, WO system is perfect and allow to get as much players as possible. I just mean if there will be some protect for aliases, make registration on WO site is the worst way to do it.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 01:12 PM »

So, that's all.

no thats not all, u talk like some big ass smartest person in the world who know how to do everything the best but u are not doint anything except talking...

u have always 1000 brilliant ideas but somehow no1 cares about them and no1 need them...

the only problem wo has its what impo said, f@#!ed up mods, not everyone should be able to host a tourney lolo

AND BTW I JUST WANTED TO ANNOUNCE: I INVITE U ALL TO MY ROPER 2V2 BAZOOKA TOURNEY TODAY 20 GMT COME ALL

dont be unfair with me ae, redi. Even u agree with me in some point.

A little request for people participating in the olympics.
While most simply play their games and don't make a fuss, a couple of people are causing extra work due to aliasing, causing complaints, complicating tournaments (postponing games, changing partners in the middle of the tourney, stuff like that)

Please stop.

Well, i really dont care about aliasers... But looks that D1 and FFie look. So there is a problem, is it?