Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:53 PM

Author Topic: 3.8  (Read 3705 times)

Offline skunk3

« on: May 14, 2019, 07:35 PM »
So what is the most recent news regarding the new patch? There has been news of 3.8 being released "very soon" for ages now. Can anyone explain what the hold-up is?

I briefly spoke to CS about 2 weeks ago and he said that it should be coming very soon and that he was going to be transferring servers or something.

All I know is that we have been waiting on this update for a ridiculously long time. I made a post similar to this maybe 6 months ago (?) and still nothing has happened. Is it vaporware? Is it ever going to actually happen? Is there some sort of financial hurdle? Is the problem on Team17's end? I just want some clear answers and a clear ETA.

What, precisely, is the problem here?

Offline Sensei

Re: 3.8
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:32 PM »
This was announced earlier today:

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 02:30 AM »
Don't worry about it skunk, as long as Epic doesn't buy Worms like they did Rocket League... Just as I was getting into that game again  :D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:59 AM »
Don't worry about it skunk, as long as Epic doesn't buy Worms like they did Rocket League... Just as I was getting into that game again  :D

Eeh. Know I shouldn't ask, but lemme know how game being bought by Epic affected you going back to it, in any way!?

As you'd say: elaborate pls.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 04:23 AM »
I was playing Rocket League for the past month, joined a gaming organization, being taught by a GC, then heard the news Epic bought Rocket League, immediately uninstalled Rocket League, left the organization, told the GC thanks for the help and kindly told them why.

I don't like Epic, remember my thread about Bethesda? Epic are 100x worse imo, sad thing is, I used to love Epic Games back when they were making stuff like Unreal Tournament, loved that game! But these days they are pretty much everything I hate about the gaming industry, from the content they produce, to the way they conduct their business overall.

I have to finish watching RLCS because i'm supporting Vitality but when it's finished probably won't have anything to do with it... I have some great rewards I was gonna sell as well but f**king Epic now selling shit on RL so I can't even do that now...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:01 AM »
You can sell rewards via steam, like you could do all this time. Game has not even changed platform yet.
As I've heard, even when it changes, ppl on Steam that already bought it will have option to choose playing only vs other steam players and not have anything to do with epic in future. (like now where you can play only vs pc and not console)
Everything will stay the same, if not better (more players, better servers, higher competitivity level and more money spent in e-sports)

I'm not really happy to hear changes cause Epic could found a way to mess with trading and that's only thing that interests me about RL.. Although, you're being dramatic again and no one, except you, knows why.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:04 AM by Sensei »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 10:51 AM »
if this means HB and WormNAT finally became usable, I hope it'd also be announced somewhere where more people can see it

now only if it was possible to notify everyone who left because of the lag
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Korydex

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 10:55 AM »
if this means HB and WormNAT finally became usable, I hope it'd also be announced somewhere where more people can see it

now only if it was possible to notify everyone who left because of the lag
I don't think lags were so severe for many people to leave

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 12:53 PM »
Lmao Sensei, you ask me to elaborate, then call me dramatic... You're insane dude.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 06:44 PM »
So do we have any sort of a solid ETA regarding 3.8?

From what I've heard, 3.8 has been more or less 'finished' for a very long time now. Personally, I'd be fine if 3.8 never came out but I just want to know what the deal is, definitively. I hope that people don't assume that I am 'entitled' by what I am saying, because that isn't the case. I'm a patient dude but the wait for 3.8 has been absolutely ridiculous.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 07:53 PM »
My little birds have said that Deadcode has lost motivation and interest to further the development of 3.8 for many months. I dunno for how long though. It is likely we will not see anything soon. 3.8 seems like vaporware like 4.0 now.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 07:58 PM »
If you spoke to one of the devs and you got your answer, precise or not, what else are you trying to achieve? I mean you have already reached to the most reliable source.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 03:55 PM »
I was just thinking... Epic has such a huge impact on me, anything they touch I can quit, like, I get urges to play Rocket League but resist...

I wish Epic would buy all tobacco companies...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 05:11 PM »
You're irrational.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 06:30 AM »
You're irrational.

Not really, there is a ridiculous amount of evidence of shady stuff Epic does out there, reddit alone would keep you busy for months...

I guess it depends if you value morals or not.