Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:02 PM

Author Topic: 3.8  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: 3.8
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 06:59 AM »
I don't care about Epic or any other company for that matter.

You're dramatically quitting great game you're enjoying to play, before even hearing anything about platform transfer. As said in post before, last news I've heard was that ppl that bought game on steam will have option to decline any connection to Epic or their players. So, basically, nothing will be changed at all.

Psyonix made millions by selling dlcs, ingame keys/crates.. But server issues were always last thing on their schedule to worry about. You didn't have problem with that.

Epic will make millions doing same thing, but will surely focus more on listening to community and fix every malfunction game has, while promoting its competitive scene far more than Psyonix ever could/wanted. You seem to have big problem with that.

And that's why, dear Komo, I see you as irrational individual.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 11:16 AM »
time is uncountable.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 07:21 PM »
I think, today was a good weather

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 09:41 PM »
If you think that is dramatic, then you are easily amused Sensei lol.

As I said, there is a mountain of evidence of the shady stuff Epic games does, I haven't saw evidence of Psyonix doing anything the likes of which Epic has, and if I did, I would feel the same way about them.

I wouldn't associate with an evil person just because they donated to charity.

I'm honestly not bothered if you think I am irrational, by the very definition of the word, I know i'm not.

You honestly seem like a fanboy of Epic, but then again, you were or still are a Fortnite player  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 10:14 PM »
if we talk about epic

Offline Sensei

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 12:45 AM »
As I said, there is a mountain of evidence of the shady stuff Epic games does

Haha, you said this 2 or 3 times already. Please enlighten us and share couple of reddit "evidences" that makes this company so criminal and bad! I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:53 AM by Sensei »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 04:35 AM »
We last heard about 3.8 from Deadcode in January of this year, which is actually good compared to the usual regularity of news. Those posts were really long (especially the changelog) and probably time-consuming to put together. IMO it would be better to get short Twitter-style updates once every 2-4 weeks or whatever, even if they're cryptic and unexplained. For example: "Still alive" or "Crunched some code today, fixed a bug". Leaving us guessing is bad, since guesses can so easily become credible rumours, which in theory could have negative consequences, depending who hears/interprets/spreads them.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 08:06 AM »
IMO it would be better to get short Twitter-style updates once every 2-4 weeks or whatever, even if they're cryptic and unexplained. For example: "Still alive" or "Crunched some code today, fixed a bug". Leaving us guessing is bad, since guesses can so easily become credible rumours, which in theory could have negative consequences, depending who hears/interprets/spreads them.

This is all I ever wanted. I could wait another 5 years for the next update, as long as there was steady communication.

Offline Lancelot

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 10:09 AM »
I think in the future the patch lacks an important component.
I can not say exactly what I mean.
Perhaps one of the developers did not have enough motivation or time to complete their work.
Therefore, the patch has not yet been published. :(

Offline skunk3

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Personally I don't care if 3.8 ever gets released because I think the game is fine the way it is, aside from HostingBuddy/WMDB issues... plus I don't think 3.8 is going to bring back any old schoolers anyway, to be honest. What bugs me is knowing that there is a patch out there that is supposedly complete or near complete and having no idea when or even if it will be released. If not, just let us know. If yes, give us an occasional update as to what is going on and try to provide a best guess regarding ETA. That's all I am asking for. We've heard rumors about 3.8 for a VERY long time now.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 02:20 PM »
Personally I don't care if 3.8 ever gets released because I think the game is fine the way it is, aside from HostingBuddy/WMDB issues...
You should care. Version 3.8 is going to work out of the box a lot better for new players. It has windowmode support (better than ever) built in, so that means nobody has to download D3D9wnd to fix crashes/etc and annoying resolution changes. There's also a new scheme format so nobody will have to download Rubberworm in order to play with extended features. The new scheme format immediately gives everyone way more editing control, and lays the necessary groundwork for possible future updates. Plus whatever else I forgot about since reading that changelog in December. Most importantly it's a sign of life. Right now the latest news update a player sees when signing into Wormnet is from 2012.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:24 PM by j0e »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 04:06 PM »

Haha, you said this 2 or 3 times already. Please enlighten us and share couple of reddit "evidences" that makes this company so criminal and bad! I'm all ears.

Why? It would take me the better part of a day to put together a proper post with some of this information, and even then you would probably just say "TL;DR" or some other ignorant bunch of rubbish similar to what you usually post when coming face to face with such information.

It's like all the people who know the shady practices of diamond manufacturers, sweatshops etc... Foreign countries taking advantage of shitty laws making people work ridiculous hours for shocking low pay, yet they are happy to ignore this and still use the product...

However I should know better than to post such things on a forum where nobody ever gave a f**k  ???

Offline Sensei

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 05:20 PM »
So, ppl working for low salary is shady bussines. Ok. Thanks for your contribution Komo! You're very smart and shouldn't waste more time on us!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2019, 05:23 PM »

Why? It would take me the better part of a day to put together a proper post with some of this information, and even then you would probably just say "TL;DR" or some other ignorant bunch of rubbish similar to what you usually post when coming face to face with such information.

It's like all the people who know the shady practices of diamond manufacturers, sweatshops etc... Foreign countries taking advantage of shitty laws making people work ridiculous hours for shocking low pay, yet they are happy to ignore this and still use the product...

However I should know better than to post such things on a forum where nobody ever gave a f**k  ???

I boycott Epic store, I will wait for Borderlands 3 for Steam on April 2020. :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 06:19 PM »
We last heard about 3.8 from Deadcode in January of this year, which is actually good compared to the usual regularity of news. Those posts were really long (especially the changelog) and probably time-consuming to put together. IMO it would be better to get short Twitter-style updates once every 2-4 weeks or whatever, even if they're cryptic and unexplained. For example: "Still alive" or "Crunched some code today, fixed a bug". Leaving us guessing is bad, since guesses can so easily become credible rumours, which in theory could have negative consequences, depending who hears/interprets/spreads them.

I am not signing up for Twitter or any other social media app, just to see an update posted once in or twice a year.

We have already been guessing due to lack of proper communication from the developers. I am sure people lose interest and motivation to further development as time goes on. This can be of numbers of reasons such as life priorities, families and whatnot. But if such ''guessing'' is accurate, a simple forum post would suffice on TuS, instead of transferring over to social media. So if my little birds are correct, then you can kiss your 3.8 update a long good bye, because it is likely not happening any time soon. Then again, perhaps that was the idea to begin with, for us to think that hmm...

We're only a handful of active people that are actually passionate about the game, most newcomers are just casual fans reliving their childhood. Why would developers even bother updating for mere 100 people or so? 
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB