Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:36 PM

Author Topic: 3.8  (Read 3706 times)

Offline TheKaren

Re: 3.8
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2019, 07:10 PM »
So, ppl working for low salary is shady bussines. Ok. Thanks for your contribution Komo! You're very smart and shouldn't waste more time on us!

Not sure if you are just dumb as f**k, or trolling, but obviously that's not what I said.

Your reply here, is a perfect example of why trying to explain something in detail to you is a waste of time.

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 01:06 PM »
You know you can just hop into #worms or Discord and ask me what I'm working on any time :)

Currently, I'm working on some WormNET patches, mainly related with the server migration, but also some related things that have queued up. Also I am upstreaming some changes to some software we use internally for development. I don't expect this to take more than a few days.

Deadcode wants to fix some RubberWorm things, maybe he can answer with more detail.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 08:13 PM »
You know you can just hop into #worms or Discord and ask me what I'm working on any time :)
I'm always skeptical to tag you guys in case you are busy and want to focus

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 11:34 PM »
I am not signing up for Twitter or any other social media app, just to see an update posted once in or twice a year.

You don't need to sign up for Twitter to read it, but in any case, there's already a fine outlet for status updates called TUS.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2019, 01:55 PM »
I am not signing up for Twitter or any other social media app, just to see an update posted once in or twice a year.

You don't need to sign up for Twitter to read it, but in any case, there's already a fine outlet for status updates called TUS.
But if such ''guessing'' is accurate, a simple forum post would suffice on TuS, instead of transferring over to social media

OP of this thread voiced his concern that there were lack of any status updates of 3.8. That's what I gathered so far. Yes, we know about the fine outlet for status called TUS. ::) My guess is answering to all of these inquiries aren't that black and white. Sometime people can get a little excited and impatient, which is understandably too.

Currently, I'm working on some WormNET patches, mainly related with the server migration, but also some related things that have queued up. Also I am upstreaming some changes to some software we use internally for development. I don't expect this to take more than a few days.

Deadcode wants to fix some RubberWorm things, maybe he can answer with more detail.

Well, I am not always on discord group, and you and Deadcode seem very busy so I never bother to say anything. I am guessing there's a lot on your plates already anyway.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 05:02 PM »
I would much rather take a minute to answer some questions now and then than see threads like these go on for many pages... and with talk about how we don't communicate enough with the community, sheesh.

Usually in video game companies, developers are completely forbidden from talking with anyone outside of the company about anything, and all communication needs to be done by assigned and properly trained spokespersons ("community managers"). All information then usually flows in only one direction - out of the company and only on strictly defined schedules, and players have no choice but to sit and wait until the next PR announcement happens on the company's whim. But, this is not the situation that we are in. Our agreements with Team17 do restrict us in what we can do in many ways, but our duty remains primarily to the community. Or, at least, that's how I feel anyway.

Since I'm here, let me share with you what I did yesterday:

- Fixed a bug in HostingBuddy where if you or someone else attempted to team in, or someone else said something, or anything else that caused a packet to be sent in your direction while the map is still loading for you, the entire connection would freeze forcing players to exit and re-enter the game.
  - The bug was introduced in this commit, which unbroke activation of a feature that had been accidentally deactivated. However, said feature was buggy, which caused the HB problem.
  - Now that said feature works properly, this works better than ever before - while the map is loading, you can team in and get chat lines even before the map finishes loading
- Fixed connecting to MyWormNET2 with certain IRC clients
- Fixed HostingBuddy/etc. not seeing the rank/flag on the staging server (MyWormNET2)
- Improved rank/flag detection on startup, thus fixing another cause of "I don't see your rank/flag" messages from HostingBuddy
- Fixed connecting to MyWormNET2 (and the staging server) via IPv6
- Fixed whitespace getting unnecessarily stripped on MyWormNET2 (and the staging server), thus causing services to mis-detect WA users as using a snooper

as well as more progress on the things I mentioned in the previous post, which I'll continue working on today.

Offline sock

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 05:43 PM »
Cool to see you and Deadcode still responding and working for the community!

Offline Alby87

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Wait, you mean that with MyWormnet2 server rankings are back?  ;D

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2019, 05:39 AM »
Y'know, May 31st is the 20th anniversary of WA's North American launch. Would be nice if something official (or semi-official) happened on the day, however small...