Forums > General discussion

<< < (8/8)

CyberShadow:
I would much rather take a minute to answer some questions now and then than see threads like these go on for many pages... and with talk about how we don't communicate enough with the community, sheesh.

Usually in video game companies, developers are completely forbidden from talking with anyone outside of the company about anything, and all communication needs to be done by assigned and properly trained spokespersons ("community managers"). All information then usually flows in only one direction - out of the company and only on strictly defined schedules, and players have no choice but to sit and wait until the next PR announcement happens on the company's whim. But, this is not the situation that we are in. Our agreements with Team17 do restrict us in what we can do in many ways, but our duty remains primarily to the community. Or, at least, that's how I feel anyway.

Since I'm here, let me share with you what I did yesterday:

- Fixed a bug in HostingBuddy where if you or someone else attempted to team in, or someone else said something, or anything else that caused a packet to be sent in your direction while the map is still loading for you, the entire connection would freeze forcing players to exit and re-enter the game.
  - The bug was introduced in this commit, which unbroke activation of a feature that had been accidentally deactivated. However, said feature was buggy, which caused the HB problem.
  - Now that said feature works properly, this works better than ever before - while the map is loading, you can team in and get chat lines even before the map finishes loading
- Fixed connecting to MyWormNET2 with certain IRC clients
- Fixed HostingBuddy/etc. not seeing the rank/flag on the staging server (MyWormNET2)
- Improved rank/flag detection on startup, thus fixing another cause of "I don't see your rank/flag" messages from HostingBuddy
- Fixed connecting to MyWormNET2 (and the staging server) via IPv6
- Fixed whitespace getting unnecessarily stripped on MyWormNET2 (and the staging server), thus causing services to mis-detect WA users as using a snooper

as well as more progress on the things I mentioned in the previous post, which I'll continue working on today.

sock:
Cool to see you and Deadcode still responding and working for the community!

Alby87:
Wait, you mean that with MyWormnet2 server rankings are back?  ;D

The Extremist:
Y'know, May 31st is the 20th anniversary of WA's North American launch. Would be nice if something official (or semi-official) happened on the day, however small...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version