Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:41 AM

Author Topic: A thought about WWP  (Read 3795 times)

Offline skunk3

Re: A thought about WWP
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 03:14 PM »
I can't remember exact dates and such, but I do remember a time in which WWP was definitely more popular / active than W:A. A very large number of people switched to WWP for quite a while... that is, until some of the W:A updates made it worth switching back, even at the expense of some of the WWP features.

I just think it's a shame that W:A is the game that got updated rather than WWP.
WWP was more popular than WA for about 3 months at the very most, I played both for the first year WWP was around.  Sales numbers will confirm why WA is still the more used game.  Consumers realized WWP was a ripoff and didn't buy it in the same numbers as WA.  Don't know why you want the useless wormpot modes WWP shipped with, no one really used them anyways, at least those that participated in league sites like cl2k and TUS, which is what we are messaging on right now.

I seem to recall the buzz for being more than 3 months. IIRC, a lot of people played WWP for at least a year, if not two. Eventually though everyone came back to W:A. Yeah, WWP was kind of a cash grab (as Team17 is known for now) but at the time I welcomed those extra features and used them all of the time.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 11:47 PM »
I can't remember exact dates and such, but I do remember a time in which WWP was definitely more popular / active than W:A. A very large number of people switched to WWP for quite a while... that is, until some of the W:A updates made it worth switching back, even at the expense of some of the WWP features.

I just think it's a shame that W:A is the game that got updated rather than WWP.
WWP was more popular than WA for about 3 months at the very most, I played both for the first year WWP was around.  Sales numbers will confirm why WA is still the more used game.  Consumers realized WWP was a ripoff and didn't buy it in the same numbers as WA.  Don't know why you want the useless wormpot modes WWP shipped with, no one really used them anyways, at least those that participated in league sites like cl2k and TUS, which is what we are messaging on right now.

I seem to recall the buzz for being more than 3 months. IIRC, a lot of people played WWP for at least a year, if not two. Eventually though everyone came back to W:A. Yeah, WWP was kind of a cash grab (as Team17 is known for now) but at the time I welcomed those extra features and used them all of the time.

It was fun though, i remember having CKC on wa and vP on WWP, going to WWP and amazing some of the original WWP players who didn't know WA guys. Like HHC said, WL was more active in singles over WWP for a short space of time. I actually won the WWP singles league one season, something I never managed to do on WA. I think i beat almog in the playoff final :) Back when you only needed had 1 rope, bng and 1 default in POs.  ;D

Offline Husk

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2017, 12:45 AM »

wwp was just a wa addon but with full game price, but it still was the same game + more features, no negative sides... which means it was better... but then something happened ---> wa got the minimize update and no1 cared for wwp's potential anymore because in wa we could minimize to watch our pr0n... and then came 100 more updates to wa which meant that wwp was leaving so much behind considering updates

Offline Hurz

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 04:21 AM »
sure pr0ns 2 blame

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2017, 02:18 PM »

wwp was just a wa addon but with full game price, but it still was the same game + more features, no negative sides... which means it was better... but then something happened ---> wa got the minimize update and no1 cared for wwp's potential anymore because in wa we could minimize to watch our pr0n... and then came 100 more updates to wa which meant that wwp was leaving so much behind considering updates
That's so funny!
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline m0nk

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 11:02 AM »
WWP died when I left it.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 08:42 AM »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 05:21 PM »
what was wwp remastered?

https://www.team17.com/games/worms-world-party/
No.. they just named it "remastered". It's a mess.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 05:23 PM »
what was wwp remastered?

https://www.team17.com/games/worms-world-party/
No.. they just named it "remastered". It's a mess.

I don't think it even has working multiplayer. Hahaha. That company is a joke.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 05:21 AM »
I have the remastered version on Steam. It's so terrible. Don't even think of wasting your money. There's so many bugs and issues with it. I'm glad that I got it on sale for only $2.

Offline Y2JID

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Game anyone  ;D
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there