Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:12 PM

Author Topic: A thought about WWP  (Read 3772 times)

Offline skunk3

A thought about WWP
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:15 PM »
I wonder why WWP never got updated like W:A did?

If we are talking base games, WWP is superior (IMO) to W:A. WWP with the same kinds of updates/patches that W:A has received would be the game to play.

Offline Korydex

Re: A thought about WWP
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 03:37 PM »
w2 is even better =P

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Worms Armageddon had more loyal following compared to Worms World Party. Therefore it was logical to support WA, and thus led to the inevitable demise of WWP.

Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 04:12 PM »
This question keeps getting asked, but since the original T17 thread is buried, I'll repeat the answer: it's because Deadcode bought Worms Armageddon.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Korydex

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15 PM »
Since when is wwp relevant?

It was for 2 years, most good players from WA moved and it was the worms game. Then came the betas.

Ah, I get it, you didn't realize an actual answer existed eh.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:50 PM »
This question keeps getting asked, but since the original T17 thread is buried, I'll repeat the answer: it's because Deadcode bought Worms Armageddon.

OH, well thank you for not reading!
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/deadcode-cybershadow-team17-31354/

Now it all makes sense.

Although I am more confused now. If Deadcode bought WA, why is it on sale on Steam?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:53 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline WhiteRqbbit

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39 PM »
I think you misunderstood that Kradie :D

I guess he bought a WA CD to play and didnt have a WWP CD to play it. So when he started coding he just had WA and not WWP....

Offline skunk3

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 06:16 AM »
I can't remember exact dates and such, but I do remember a time in which WWP was definitely more popular / active than W:A. A very large number of people switched to WWP for quite a while... that is, until some of the W:A updates made it worth switching back, even at the expense of some of the WWP features.

I just think it's a shame that W:A is the game that got updated rather than WWP.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 06:21 AM »
I can't remember exact dates and such, but I do remember a time in which WWP was definitely more popular / active than W:A. A very large number of people switched to WWP for quite a while... that is, until some of the W:A updates made it worth switching back, even at the expense of some of the WWP features.

I just think it's a shame that W:A is the game that got updated rather than WWP.
WWP was more popular than WA for about 3 months at the very most, I played both for the first year WWP was around.  Sales numbers will confirm why WA is still the more used game.  Consumers realized WWP was a ripoff and didn't buy it in the same numbers as WA.  Don't know why you want the useless wormpot modes WWP shipped with, no one really used them anyways, at least those that participated in league sites like cl2k and TUS, which is what we are messaging on right now. 

Offline HHC

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 01:29 PM »
I do miss the pot  :(

I remember we had a way more active WWP league at WL, but indeed, it was not for very long.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 02:00 PM »
WA has better name, logo and menus.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline MrTPenguin

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 02:13 PM »
I do miss the pot  :(
Yeah I have a bit of nostalgia for it as well.

One popular pot option that's disappeared down the memory hole is super rope. There was an active French community on WormNet2 who always played with super rope + crate shower + blood effects, and I wonder if the absence of super rope has kept the French away from WA.

Offline aik

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 02:37 PM »
w2 is even better =P

How much would Worms2 cost? I'd love to own it ^^

If it's really "for sale"… maybe crowd funding would be a real option?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:42 PM by aik »
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>

Offline Vicenzo

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 02:45 PM »

https://www.gog.com/game/worms_2
WHO THE f@#! IS PAPICH?!

Offline aik

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2017, 02:59 PM »

https://www.gog.com/game/worms_2

Knew that joke'd come XD

The source-code of course…
<dream>
One day CyberShadow will push worms source code to github by accident…
</dream>