Forums
April 25, 2024, 04:09 AM

Author Topic: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Husk

Re: Schemes that you USED TO enjoy?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10 PM »
well skunk3 i know u r a longtime player so ofc u know all the things i wrote... in my head i tried to write like "yo dude remember this" but it came off as "yo dude you don't know this" so yeah i know what i wrote wasn't news to you, it just came off stupid

i guess i over reacted because blaming luck/team mates is a huge problem for me in league of legends/overwatch/rocket league so i'm trying to fix my own way of thinking

about topic... elite... TEL especially... yeah...

Offline HHC

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Lol, I kinda like those fights on RocketLeague. It's a good stress reliever.

Ooo, to think of all the 13 year old kids whose mom I called literally every single word in the urban dictionary.. good times, good times.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Actually Sensei, you brought it up, not me, look, all I said was:

"to be honest I wish we could hand down our skills to newer players so that people could BnG/Rope as well as I could, and others could pass on Elite skills etc, of course this is a ridiculous unrealistic fantasy lol."

I was using myself as an example because of my known expertise and experience, why is that a bad thing? It's not like i'm rubbing it in anyones face going NAH NANA NAH NAH!

Your words, and don't deny it, were basically saying my skills are not worthy enough for anyone to learn, I am defending myself with facts to prove you wrong, that's part of my personality I can't help it, I tell the truth, I don't worry what it sounds like to other people, that's their insecurity not mine.

I have spent countless hours helping people to improve their roping(and anything else I have knowledge in, even just how to host lol)... And you just come here, with your usual b***h attitude and start nonsense...

Even Anubis, who is highly regarded by hundreds of players as the best warmer roper of all time, said I was a huge inspiration to him learning how to tap fast and control it, I was able to impress him and hopefully that made him achieve something which made him feel good about himself, and yeah I take a lot of pride in having such a meaningful comment from such a highly regarded player, so who gives a f**k about you when you have THAT horrible attitude lol.

Isn't it funny, how yet again, I said something that was positive(would be cool to pass on our skills) and yet again you turn it negative...

I wish you could have just said a bunch of people you think their skills would be useful to pass down, show your perspective instead of complaining about someone elses, I don't think you will ever learn to co-exist with people this way.

Edit:

I'm showing you this because I actually want you to realize I don't go around bullshitting making stuff up, since you essentially said i'm not good enough for people to gain value from my skills etc.

I fully realize there are some great players missing, and I didn't get the chance to play everyone I wanted, and imo I was not near my best either, but it's still a pretty good run having focused solely on BnG for so many year then switching straight to this, you can watch my games if you want, most of the time I had pretty good form:

Could you say you could do that?

Call me what you want, but at least I can back my words up.

Offline Husk

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2018, 06:11 PM »
it's been long time to see so many players post in tus forums, so this topic is pretty good lol, now if there was just something to change this same activity into ag xD

new TEL season?!?!?!?!? new.... something!??!?!?! let's all start practice mole shopper and we'll learn new skills...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Lol I suck now, but i'm down for some clanners, Chelsea and I were looking some nights ago but nobody was there :(

Offline Sensei

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Haha, it's cool komo. Never said you're bad, just tend to respect some other players way more than you. Just a subjective individual opinion, you as a legend shouldn't care about it.. ;)

Thx for sharing stats tho, enlightning experience. Completely ignored point of my previous post and last 2 sentences, but ok.

Husk, afraid it's not bound to happen, but if you guys have a plan to revive it, I'm at your disposal. You'll all have free pts in elite matches at least :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2018, 07:28 PM »
Haha, it's cool komo. Never said you're bad, just tend to respect some other players way more than you.

That's cool lol, you shoulda went with that the 1st time ;)

I ignored those last 2 sentences because my posts are not false, deceptive or full of illusion etc, which is what the word facade* means.

I quite clearly backed up what I said, sooooo...

Everything I say is the truth, if you think otherwise, prove me wrong, or stop complaining about it lol.

Offline sock

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2018, 08:33 PM »
I remember in the past posting in forums, whatever league it was, and nobody would give me the time of day.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2018, 09:10 PM »
I remember in the past posting in forums, whatever league it was, and nobody would give me the time of day.

That's how it's been for me forever lol... some people think that if you don't play ranked then you're just a scrub and not worth consideration. Honestly, some of the most epic matches I've ever had with people were who either rarely play for rank or don't at all. There's plenty of players who don't play for rank who are just as good as league players, but that's just my opinion.

As far as past players not self-aggrandizing... ehhh, I dunno about that. :) They might not have posted publicly about it here but I have definitely had some ego-fueled conversations with some of the people mentioned in this thread (and plenty of others), but that's old news and I don't care. I think that a certain degree of egoism comes with playing a game for so many years and competing at a high level. The good news is that ego tripping seems a LOT less prevalent than it used to be. I don't know if that's due to the fact that activity has died down a lot or if people have simply just matured to a point by which they don't feel the need to act in such a way.

These days I am simply happy to just play and practice and work on weaknesses, and hopefully have some cool conversations while doing so.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2018, 11:09 AM »

That's how it's been for me forever lol... some people think that if you don't play ranked then you're just a scrub and not worth consideration. Honestly, some of the most epic matches I've ever had with people were who either rarely play for rank or don't at all. There's plenty of players who don't play for rank who are just as good as league players, but that's just my opinion.

As far as past players not self-aggrandizing... ehhh, I dunno about that. :) They might not have posted publicly about it here but I have definitely had some ego-fueled conversations with some of the people mentioned in this thread (and plenty of others), but that's old news and I don't care. I think that a certain degree of egoism comes with playing a game for so many years and competing at a high level. The good news is that ego tripping seems a LOT less prevalent than it used to be. I don't know if that's due to the fact that activity has died down a lot or if people have simply just matured to a point by which they don't feel the need to act in such a way.

These days I am simply happy to just play and practice and work on weaknesses, and hopefully have some cool conversations while doing so.

That's not entirely true, for example saltyk9 never really played singles or clanners because he simply enjoyed warmer and rr more. But if he choose to play he was a damn scary opponent, sure he would do a trick or two in roper that was unnecessary and might lose him the game but he was a speed demon that could get any cr8 and still hit you. His BnG was also pretty decent afaik as well as T17. I was always glad to have him around in NBR or ToP as a potential partner to play with even though he would let other members step forward to play the competitive side of the clan. It's true that league stats back you up more reliably. But that is true IRL as well. Street Basketball "pros" all have great players but are not regarded as best basketball players of all time because they have no organized leagues that are broadcasted. Would they hold up in the NBA? Maybe, are they the best? No, because they can't prove it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:11 AM by Anubis »