Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:44 PM

Author Topic: active?  (Read 2832 times)

Offline skunk3

active?
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Who even still plays anymore?

Since I came back W:A is dead 95% of the time. I've seen a couple of people but it's mostly just random noobs. Where is everyone?

Offline Rogi

Re: active?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:17 AM »
Im not even surprised, but it's sad.

Did u repeir ur connection?

BTW, dont forgot that WN2 lags as hell, also HostingBuddy too, not so much players can host via direct ip, so most of them annoyed and not shows at AG
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:57 AM by Rogi »
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 10:58 AM »
Worms Armageddon is dead? Where is everyone? There's only random noobs? Well Mr Skunk, these random noobs are what makes WA active. A game is not ''dead'' just because YOU can't associate yourself with newer players. Then again, a lot of these noobs are rendered useless to communicate in English or anything at all.

Explore new opportunities, instead of limiting your horizon, Mr Skunk.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline lalo

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Those random noobs are casual players, they come and go and don't last much in this game playing Super Sheeper, Hyst and Shopper. They have little to no impact in this game and community.

Face the reality, Mr Smart Ass.

Offline Senator

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 12:10 PM »
Hyst is no longer in fashion on wormnet :P Wormnet activity dropped partly because of hostingbuddy lags.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 12:15 PM »
Those random noobs are casual players, they come and go and don't last much in this game playing Super Sheeper, Hyst and Shopper. They have little to no impact in this game and community.

Mr Lalo, it is true what you just wrote, people come, and people go, this is the essence of life. I like to think that we were all casual players at some points. But the more time we invest in the game, the more committed we become. People can be devoted to this game, is it that hard to believe beginners of today might share a common interest? 

Online Sensei

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 12:18 PM »
Hosting buddy doesn't lagg. It lagged for few days month ago.
Are you guys even hosting any games or just speaking randomly? :)

Offline Senator

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 12:26 PM »

The last time I tested (WormNat2) was 1,5 weeks ago and it did lag. It had lagged for weeks, not a few days.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 12:29 PM »

The last time I tested (WormNat2) was 1,5 weeks ago and it did lag. It had lagged for weeks, not a few days.

WormNat2 still lags, but according to CyberShadow the lags should cease to stop at the end of this month. Although I am cautiously optimistic.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 12:36 PM »

Mr Lalo, it is true what you just wrote, people come, and people go, this is the essence of life. I like to think that we were all casual players at some points. But the more time we invest in the game, the more committed we become. People can be devoted to this game, is it that hard to believe beginners of today might share a common interest?

I was devoted to this game right from the beginning. The moment I saw the online part of W:A, was the moment I knew I was gonna spent years on this because of the amazing possibilities. Gamers have changed, you see it everywhere. They buy/play a game and want to finish it and be rewarded instantly. W:A is the complete opposite of that. It takes months and some schemes even years to get good at. If you think CS or LoL or Dota2 are skillful games then you are right, but to become great (all schemes) in W:A you could become great at all 3 games in that time. Most of the hardcore W:A guys that became great all-rounders spent easily 6-7 years of their life to get to that point. I have seen CS:GO players at the age of 16 that only played ~2 years and were top notch players. There was not a single W:A player that was top notch in every scheme after 2 years.

Also, you BECOME casual not mature out of it. The older you get, the less likely it will be that you are hardcore. So if a teenager or young adult is already a casual it's very likely he/she is never gonna go hardcore. I was hardcore throughout my entire life, with gaming being #1 priority for the most part. I still consider myself heavily invested in gaming, but not to the same extent as I used to be. I would have never played f@#!ing children card games when I was 16 or 18. Now I do, they are chill and let me relax a little bit in-between games that require 100% attention.

Btw, I don't mind casuals or less hardcore players, it doesn't matter if you enjoy the game. It's just a different attitude towards gaming, mostly if you have a competitive vein for gaming. If you don't chances are you are not that hardcore.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:50 PM by Anubis »

Online Sensei

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 01:07 PM »

No one mentioned WormNat2.

Was reffering to your sentence:
Spoiler! View
Wormnet activity dropped partly because of hostingbuddy lags.

Activity was lousy before any laggs occured.

HB is lagg free for quite some time.

Offline Senator

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Afaik wormnat and hostingbuddy use the same server and they both lagged for weeks.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Afaik wormnat and hostingbuddy use the same server and they both lagged for weeks.
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/network-lags-31141/msg262438/#msg262438

Until the maintenance is over (and maybe some more time, depends), it [HostingBuddy] will be running on my home PC instead
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Senator

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 03:38 PM »
The lag issue with hostingbuddy was reported in that thread on 15th July and CyberShadow started running hostingbuddy on his PC on 6th August. So yeah, there was weeks of lagging ;D

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 06:39 PM »
So, why does Wormnat2 lag and HB doesn't if they are the same server? What's the difference? And i've still saw a few lags here and there with HB, definitely not as bad as before the server change.

This game isn't dead, it's just more casual like Anubis says, and Hysteria is the only thing I can seem to get any interest in.

It's no surprise really, the way the regulars and oldschool players rejected and treated the noobs the entire time.

The whole Hysteria reputation from oldschool players, I believe, has played it's part in this, guys who not only said they didn't like Hysteria, but went out their way to insult and argue with people who enjoy and support it, this is the exact same behaviour I see from bigots and homophobes all over the world, you will never admit it, but that's what you are.

OFFTOPIC***For example, I have no problem with people who are homosexual, but if I see it physically it makes me feel sick inside(just like a normal person probably would if they saw 2 really fat ugly people having sex, it's something they find unattractive and disgusting), this may or may not have something to do with being abused when I was a child, who knows, but I can sit down and talk, trust and have a laugh with any gender or whatever, i'll say shit in my own head and keep it to myself cuz I know it doesn't really affect my life in any way, and they are just doing what makes them feel good, no harm done.***OFFTOPIC

Without a strong League being the backbone of the entire WA community, people don't have options to stay and become part of something, so they just f**k around now and again.

Sure, for a while this was the best League ever, but because of tolerating all the insulting and mental breakdowns(mine included), NOBODY looking in from the outside wants to come in and be part of it.

Or being called a p**sy because they don't want to play every scheme in a League.(Is this really how you make friends outside of WA?)

It's finally happened where the fun experienced from playing this game does not exceed the amount of grief and hassle you get from the other players online, things like the servers messing up with lags doesn't help, people are fed up waiting for a 4.0 that their children may not even live to see...

Let's be honest, guys like Godmax and Mega`Adnan, taner etc, are ruining this too, if you are used to that behavior for some years now like we are, it's easy to ignore, but imagine what it looks like, to people on the outside, to come to this website and read stuff like.

"YOU GOT RAPED HARD"
"AH RAPE THIS DOG HARD"
"f@#! IN THE ASS"
"I WILL f@#! YOU HARD"

The above represents like 75% of their vocabulary while they appear online...

Imagine how this looks to people who aren't complete weirdos? To normal people this website looks f**king insane, full of weirdos and sad, desperate people...

THAT is how people look at us sometimes... I've even had a few PM's over the last 5 years from random people saying stuff like "This game is for losers" "You are all a bunch of sick f**ks" and similar stuff...

Yeah, this is another long brick wall of a post, but if you have ANY decency as a human, and any love for this game/community, you will maybe change your attitude and behavior and maybe try to represent TUS and the WA community in a more respectable and interesting way???

This game is dying, and WE are to blame, not DC or CS or Team17, it's US.

Edit - I am one of the worst(used to be at least), for stamping my opinion everywhere and saying if something isn't the way I like it, it's stupid... I'm very sorry for that, i've learned a lot over the past 10 years and believe i'm a better person now, so you don't see this as much from me, perhaps not even at all, at least how it was arguing on forums 5 years ago with avirex etc.

I am trying to make up for that, and do something entertaining for the community, trying to organize events, trying to get people together to have fun and bond, who knows some might even find life-lasting friendships because of the Tournaments n stuff I organize...

I found life-long friendships through this game, thanks to the websites and leagues offered, I have to return the favour or personally don't feel like I deserve to be alive, and plus, it feels fkn AWESOME to have people get in contact with you private and tell you how much they enjoy your Tournaments and streams, how much fun they had, THAT MAKES LIFE WORTH LIVING!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 06:51 PM by TheKomodo »