Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:46 AM

Author Topic: active?  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: active?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 07:08 PM »
This game is dying, and WE are to blame, not DC or CS or Team17, it's US.

Knew it. Goddamn 'murica.
They're taking over..

Jokes aside.. Komo, have you ever saw any other game community out there?
We're chamomile tea compared to any of those. No need for drama cause 2-3 trollers keeping chat alive (with their unusual and weird ways tho)
If there was no Godmax, no one would even remember to write in shoutbox. Relax ;)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:11 PM by Sensei »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 07:18 PM »
Let's be honest, guys like Godmax and Mega`Adnan, taner etc, are ruining this too, if you are used to that behavior for some years now like we are, it's easy to ignore, but imagine what it looks like, to people on the outside, to come to this website and read stuff like.....

People on the outside aren't 100% angels either, they also have trollish minds too, and they also express their feeling with words like "1 VS 1 ME NOOB", "HAHA YOU DISGUSTING NOOB", "I REKT YOU" etc. Just saying.

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 08:07 PM »
I am not causing drama, I am saying what most mature people are thinking, and it's also the reason some of my friends don't play this anymore.

I know, these guys are just having some simple minded toilet fun conversation with each other, and that's fine, sometimes I do that too.

But it's 24/7 with these guys, I never see any important, or intellectual conversation or even good ideas to help or improve community, from any these guys...

They come in, probably didn't even buy WA probably pirated it lol, and just use these words everyday, they must feel dejavu like everyday lol.

The point is, I know these guys are just having fun between themselves, but stop thinking about yourself for a moment, picture yourself some teenager from another country, who found this cool game, not everyone was brought up working class like me or poverty etc and enjoys to swear and insult.

Think about this, more and more people are disappearing, the more and more we see this kinda behavior, maybe in 1-2 years the only people left in this community, are those who speak that way?

Do you really want to be part of a community where all that happens is toilet humour, senseless rape commentary, where the players don't contribute anything useful to the community? Is that what you want?

When they talk like this, in their own games, that's fine, each to their own, but they bring their filth onto this website every damn day! We need to stop this nonsense before it drives EVERYONE away...

Stop using other games and communities as an excuse please, other games have more than 100 active players lol, they can afford it cuz they will have dedicated websites full of mature people who are serious about competing etc.

Why am I even explaining this, why aren't you guys mature enough to notice this yourself?

You could all stand in a circle and beat the sht out of me, but it still wouldn't feel as bad as witnessing the slow destruction of something i've spent more than half my life being a part of cuz of the millenial generation and it's pathetic fads...

I am seriously going to try and start a petition, to get some rules initiated on TUS to stop this kind of sad, immature and selfish behavior.

EDIT - And just to make it clear, I don't dislike these guys, I still consider them good players and some of them friends, just don't like the excessive pointless swearing...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:11 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 08:25 PM »
So, why does Wormnat2 lag and HB doesn't if they are the same server? What's the difference? And i've still saw a few lags here and there with HB, definitely not as bad as before the server change.

Afaik wormnat and hostingbuddy use the same server and they both lagged for weeks.
https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tech-support/network-lags-31141/msg262438/#msg262438

Until the maintenance is over (and maybe some more time, depends), it [HostingBuddy] will be running on my home PC instead

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Ah, right, makes sense now, thanks Hurz.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 09:58 PM »
Sure. I also dislike adnan's fap spammin (what the f@#! is with that man, go get a girl or something), godmax's bullshit, taner's provocations.. But let's make this short, Komo:

HOW MUCH ppl you kicked from game in last.. let's say - year.. without even giving them reason or trying to explain how things work around here? Let's be honest - dozens!
Not just you.. Me too! And 99% of active community members also.

Being unable to join a game and actually try it is what makes newcomers leave, not godmax's brain meltings.
Friendly approach to newbies is one thing we all need to work on. Or atleast give them some bots for introduction!?

Don't think I'm able to change mind about it, so would like to avoid further discussion on this matter.   

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 10:29 PM »
I kick players when they join and light up without even saying hello, i'll sit and try to explain what the game is, even if they can't play they can watch and if they like it will teach them.

Definitely try harder than most I think...

Only kick players without notice only when i'm in a rush or the game says Clanner or League etc, or they don't reply.

But, this issue has been around since day 1 it's not the problem, I think the problem is the slowly fading collective community and their behaviour :/

Surely we are adult enough, to keep the trash talk, the toilet humour, to private forums or at least online in games amongst fellow minded people?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:32 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34 PM »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Here is my take on it why, in my opinion, W:A has surpassed a crucial point.

Any online game that lives off multiplayer and community needs active players. Or it will die, so far so simple. In the past years W:A has lost lots of "consistent" players. Players that are playing no matter what, a look on the league standings says all. Basically you have 2 active clans and roundabout ~25 active players, split in various sub leagues. While you can't just simply say oh we only have 25 active players it's a blatant indication as to what is happening online. The classic competitive foundation of W:A is dwindling rapidly. These players are missing to keep the league alive but more importantly, keep the game alive as well. While active league players sometimes don't participate in fun games, it would be ignorant to say league players don't play for fun.

That means currently, there are not enough consistent players playing the game online. When a new player is coming online and needs to wait too long to find a game to play he will, after a while, not come back. The current consistent player base is, in my humble opinion, not enough to offer games at a reasonable time. On top of that it seems HostingBuddy was/is not working currently which further makes it harder for newbies to find and play games. Many new players, without proper set-up can't host their own games to play and rely on others. It's vicious cycle that gets worse and worse the less active W:A becomes.

To put it bluntly, in my opinion W:A has a reached a point of no return no matter what we do. We have not enough manpower to entertain newcomers anymore. It's bleeding out and we can't put bandages on the wound fast enough. Nobody is at fault, it's the natural evolution of niche online games. Well, not kicking newbies might help but in the end I feel like it's over.

I follow W:A, probably until the end even when I don't play actively myself I still watch the journey. I check league activity every season and I witness the slow decay of activity myself. Logging into WormNet at random times when I feel like it just solidifies my assumption further. If you disagree with this, fine, but this was my observation from WWP as well. It started exactly like this, it is nothing that happens overnight. Unless there is another major league I am not aware of that is even bigger than TUS I'd say, yup, W:A is dying. And this time there is not a 2nd Worms to keep the legacy alive. :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:39 PM by Anubis »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 12:15 AM »
Spot on Anubis.

I've seen a few people on these forums saying they don't play or visit anymore cuz the forums are just garbage now, and that garbage mostly comes from stupid trolling pointless swearing posts from the "RAPE HARD" guys...

It's got to the point where I could say whatever, insult whoever, and nobody would give a f**k :( or at least the people who would care are ridiculously outnumbered by the others...

I don't think we are past the point of no return yet, the reason is simple, there are still over 200+ unique nicks joining WNET every day, until it really is just us regular joes, we still have a chance.

We need to make some kind of League/Event that can bring EVERYONE together, we need a common bound...

Edit - How do you actually check how many unique people join WNET again? Wanna see if it is still 200+ per day...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:46 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 01:07 AM »
busy

Offline Hurz

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 01:15 AM »
it seems HostingBuddy was/is not working currently

it is working

We need to make some kind of League/Event that can bring EVERYONE together, we need a common bound...

wo always boosted activity on wn a bit :(

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 01:21 AM »
Was actually thinking that Hurz, it did, but we need something permanent.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 02:33 AM »
I don't think WA is past a point of no return yet. There are a lot of good players who play under unrecognizable aliases. The new 3.8 patch will help improve activity too.

I think it would help for some of the big top clans to split up into smaller clans. If the only clanner I can ever find, as a medium-skilled player, is against dt, that is going to demotivate me super fast. The counter-argument is that small clans will never have enough players who happen to be online at the same time. But there has to be a way around that. Maybe make it so all members must remain active to maintain their membership in the clan, and all clans have a minimum and max size - minimum 4 max 6 or something.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 02:59 AM »
By the way, when I said regular joes, I didn't mean... :D

But, the bigger clans, don't even have many active players to split anyway lol, they are mostly inactive, dt only has dibs and aladdin atm really...

cfc have about 4-5, but I don't think that's too many... We just, lack players... And yeah it's cuz the skill difference is so high, why they wanna come on and get completely annihilated for 2-3 years before even having a chance lol.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:00 AM by TheKomodo »