Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:26 AM

Author Topic: active?  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Korydex

Re: active?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Edit - How do you actually check how many unique people join WNET again? Wanna see if it is still 200+ per day...
You could check that @ http://stats.worms2d.info/ It stopped working in early 2015. But here's the latest available joins stats that I could wayback:

Offline Kradie

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Worms Armageddon isn't dying, but the league might be fading into oblivion? Most of you associate WA with past active and recognizable players. It is what j0e said ''There are a lot of good players who play under unrecognizable aliases.'' Therefore some of you might think of them as irrelevant because they aren't affiliated with TuS and have a high status. And perhaps that not everyone are into competitive games like some of you are. In the end it is about character.

It is true that WA can be a hardcore game, depending on the ambition of the individual. The threshold is tougher to overcome in WA compared to other games. This alone ''can'' discourage people from playing, particularly competitive. There are people who enjoys shopper, hysteria, and Full Wormage, there's nothing wrong with this, and it doesn't make the game dead. I have had people in my host, I have guided them, showed them how some of the things are done, and they have shown remarkable interest and gratitude.

So no, Worms isn't dying, it is just you that are in a unfamiliar place, a place that doesn't feel like home anymore. I don't think a lot of old school people are willing to make new friends with today's people. So it is pretty much a grouped community that lingers in melancholy.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sensei

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 12:02 PM »
a grouped community that lingers in melancholy.

Hey, Krad. Nobel Prize in Literature for 2017. is still waiting for its rightful owner.
Gl.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 01:36 PM »
its kradie   :o

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Lol, you know how you sometimes get those kids who translate something directly into English and post it here, and it sounds crazy?

This is the posh version :D

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Only kick players without notice only when i'm in a rush
And yet that doesn't justify the kick.

... or the game says Clanner or League etc
Not everyone knows what does "Clanner" and "League" mean. Some might be thinking it's a scheme or something.

But, this issue has been around since day 1 it's not the problem, I think the problem is the slowly fading collective community and their behaviour :/
There's always someone to do all those random insults; this has also been around since day one. How much basis you have to say this has a much stronger effect on activity than reasonless kicks? (btw these kicks perfectly fit as bad behaviour)

We need to make some kind of League/Event that can bring EVERYONE together, we need a common bound...
And then kick everyone anyway?

I don't think we are past the point of no return yet, the reason is simple, there are still over 200+ unique nicks joining WNET every day, until it really is just us regular joes, we still have a chance.
Yeah, how about actually helping newbies by answering their usual "how to host"-tier stuff? It takes next to zero effort and brain usage, and yet it helps.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 05:37 PM »
WTF-8

Nobody can expect anyone to sit and type out rules and how to play to every single person, especially if you and the other person speak different languages, I don't get offended when people kick me from games.

Yes, I do kick people from time to time, but most of the time i'll say something like:

"Sorry, this is League match, you can watch but can't play"

Or i'll ask if they know the scheme/rules, and will explain it to them if they are interested to listen.

If someone completely ignores me, or just joins and immediately lights up without even saying "Hello" or checking scheme settings/worms etc, i'll kick them because I find that rude.

To me, that's fair and friendly.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 08:10 PM »
This game was released over 18 years ago.
Why debate the inactivity?

We are having a good run and should embrace the community we have.

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 08:40 PM »
Reopen tel with prizes

Offline Ryan

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 08:43 PM »
Agreed.

Money has helped the competition and activity.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 11:21 PM »
This game was released over 18 years ago.
Why debate the inactivity?

We are having a good run and should embrace the community we have.
Spot on

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 12:09 AM »
Don't worry I'll save it.
Here comes the snow

Offline skunk3

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2017, 05:31 AM »
IMO, W:A has been 'dying' for several years now. I doubt it will ever truly die off, but there certainly won't be enough active players to maintain any sort of a decent clan league, and some players (such as myself) are not even interested in ranked play anyhow. I have been back for about a week and most of the time I jump onto WormNET, it's nothing but a bunch of snoopers and some random newer people I don't recognize. I've seen a few familiar faces, but not many. Maybe 15 or so total during the past week.

I have noticed lots of lag with Hostingbuddy during this past week, especially when hosting games with larger map files like Big RR. The first map always takes a long time to load even though my connection is super fast. After the first map loads, it seems as though the others are quick in comparison.

When it comes to dealing with noobs / casuals, I try to be as gentle as possible in most cases. I know that we can't afford to turn people away with our attitudes. These people need nurturing, so to speak, so that they can learn the ins and outs and hopefully recommend the game to their friends. Aside from the game being available on Steam now (which is a great thing!) it is pretty much solely word of mouth. Most people who WOULD play Worms probably aren't even aware that the server is still up and running. They probably naturally assumed that it is long defunct.

I take breaks here and there but I doubt I'll ever quit playing W:A permanently. Even when I am not playing it, I am probably playing some other, newer, Worms title. I love this game and the community far too much to ever abandon it fully.