Forums > General discussion

active?

<< < (9/9)

Rabbzz:

--- Quote from: Ryan on September 22, 2017, 08:10 PM ---This game was released over 18 years ago.
Why debate the inactivity?

We are having a good run and should embrace the community we have.

--- End quote ---
Spot on

Pixy:
Don't worry I'll save it.

skunk3:
IMO, W:A has been 'dying' for several years now. I doubt it will ever truly die off, but there certainly won't be enough active players to maintain any sort of a decent clan league, and some players (such as myself) are not even interested in ranked play anyhow. I have been back for about a week and most of the time I jump onto WormNET, it's nothing but a bunch of snoopers and some random newer people I don't recognize. I've seen a few familiar faces, but not many. Maybe 15 or so total during the past week.

I have noticed lots of lag with Hostingbuddy during this past week, especially when hosting games with larger map files like Big RR. The first map always takes a long time to load even though my connection is super fast. After the first map loads, it seems as though the others are quick in comparison.

When it comes to dealing with noobs / casuals, I try to be as gentle as possible in most cases. I know that we can't afford to turn people away with our attitudes. These people need nurturing, so to speak, so that they can learn the ins and outs and hopefully recommend the game to their friends. Aside from the game being available on Steam now (which is a great thing!) it is pretty much solely word of mouth. Most people who WOULD play Worms probably aren't even aware that the server is still up and running. They probably naturally assumed that it is long defunct.

I take breaks here and there but I doubt I'll ever quit playing W:A permanently. Even when I am not playing it, I am probably playing some other, newer, Worms title. I love this game and the community far too much to ever abandon it fully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version