Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:32 AM

Author Topic: Allow people to host their own leagues the same as tournaments and cups  (Read 4031 times)

Offline Sensei

before this could happen, 94 people can't lag out all of worms. lol

Hm, what you're trying to say sock? I'm not getting it.

Offline spleen17

There isn't enough in-game activity to justify any of this.

People barely play TUS these days and it is well-established, so how does one expect for a new league (or several leagues) to gain traction and become popular?

As I've said before, it doesn't matter what grand ideas people come up with if people aren't playing the game.

People ARE playing the game, I see about as many people on #ag today as there was 5 years ago. Why stop them from playing the games they want to play because some guys on a forum who aren’t even active any more disagree with it?

I've been on the worms forums for a while now, watched much of the history of worms throughout the years. We can all see we have less activity now, than before, when the leagues were more simple. Just Classic and Free. Cups and Tournaments are fun to play in, a nice alternative to league play. If there was a league for every scheme, or if people were allowed to host their own league even with a limit, I don't think it would improve the activity on worms.

So you think league activity would be any worse than it is now? What is there to lose exactly?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 09:17 PM by spleen17 »

Offline sock

asdfhasdfh
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:38 AM by oldsock »

Offline sock

asdhasdhasdh

Offline TheWalrus

I've been trying to find a walrusleague match all morning, everyone inactive

Offline sock

asdgasdhasdfhash

Offline TheKomodo

If there was a league for every scheme, or if people were allowed to host their own league even with a limit, I don't think it would improve the activity on worms.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you suggest, or at least support the idea that Chicken23 had within the last month, of letting players play whatever scheme they want in TUS League?

Honestly, what is the difference? I'll tell you a major difference I see.

If you allow any scheme to be played in 1 League, the players who play the most popular schemes will be at the top of the standings, thus, shunning the players who enjoy playing less popular schemes in a League making their time feel wasted. One of the main reasons to play a League, is to win, and you can't ever reach the top if nobody plays your scheme.

But, if you allow players to host their own Leagues, at least those who LOVE that scheme can join, and have a better chance of reaching the top, thus creating more pride/respect and a reason for even competing!

I am not an all-rounder, I don't ever want to be, so I won't ever take part in TUS Classic, there are HUNDREDS of people like me.

Offline sock

asdgasdhasdh

Offline spleen17

My support has not changed of letting people play whatever they want in TUS League. I do not support HUNDREDS of leagues.

It's not hundred of leagues, it's a set number at a time. Did you read the thread?

Offline sock

asdhasdhasdh
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:39 AM by oldsock »

Offline sock

asdghash

Offline sock

wqe4y3eytt

Offline sock

3436t3463

Offline spleen17

I can barely keep up with 1 league. Imagine all the new comers to worms, that would drive me right away.

Not really, they can just play one league if that's what appeals to them.

How is that 1 guy that managed to get into 4 playoffs in 4 different leagues going to schedule his playoff matches? How you guys even think this is remotely a good idea is way beyond me. Never mind, I just looked at both your profiles, no classic winners, that explains this whole scheme of leagues.

If they have the time to play in enough games to reach 4 different playoffs then surely they have the time to arrange 4 more games? Doesn't seem too complicated.

Classic is dead. Winning a league 6 years ago does not make your opinion more important than ours. If you want tus and WA to last a few more years you need to listen to the majority.

Offline sock

wety3eet3