Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:55 AM

Author Topic: Any play Worms W.M.D?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline wza

Any play Worms W.M.D?
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:52 AM »
Hey everyone! I currently am on a mac and don't know how to get WA installed on it. I've been feeling like playing WA! I just got W.M.D, hoping roping is decent or at least a strong default online community. Anyone from here have it or feel like a game? I'll let you know what I think about it.

Offline WTF-8

Re: Any play Worms W.M.D?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I currently am on a mac and don't know how to get WA installed on it.
just in case https://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_Mac_OS_X
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:59 AM »
Hey everyone! I currently am on a mac and don't know how to get WA installed on it. I've been feeling like playing WA! I just got W.M.D, hoping roping is decent or at least a strong default online community. Anyone from here have it or feel like a game? I'll let you know what I think about it.

Senator loves wmd. Skunk3 plays it often too.
Game is shit and if you want to feel some of wa atmosphere or physics - you're gonna hate it. But since you bought it - might as well play those 2 hrs before refund ;)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 07:21 PM »
It’s not a good game wza, for God’s sake don’t do it man

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:07 PM »
It is a good game, excluding WA/W2 and WWP, it has the best rope physics out of any the other Worms games.

I can't remember where Senator posted his video, but he has some videos of him roping and it's pretty decent, of course it's not as good as WA rope physics though.

It's pretty obvious why most WA fanatics don't like WMD though, even if WMD was 99.99% as good as WA, it would still be sh*t to them because it lacks that 0.01%

To the younger generation of gamers and people who haven't played any Worms games before, in general WMD looks miles better than WA, but to anybody who has played WA for a long time, would understand why WA is so much better.

I think WMD is good, but WA will probably always be the best there ever was or will be.

Offline wza

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 10:23 AM »
I currently am on a mac and don't know how to get WA installed on it.
just in case https://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_Mac_OS_X

Thanks that took hours to get working. Don't know about wine. But WA is running, catch me around ag. As for WMD I only played a little bit, didn't get a rope based game only default. But roping around in default seemed fun. The match making lobby sucks, but I can see potential in the game being cool! Hit me up on here for some WA or WMD if someone wants to show me the "ropes".

Offline skunk3

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 04:48 AM »
I play WMD fairly regularly. It's definitely worth playing. W:A purists / elitists are going to badmouth it no matter what but meh. It's not perfect but is it fun? Sure.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13 AM »
About a month ago I organized a w:a lan party at my company. Or well we were playing on a laptop only, like in the old times. The funny thing that we started to play some full wormage / mine madness, then we moved to the new fancy wmd.. The best part was that not me, but my colleagues who have not played worms for decades, said that lets move back to wa, because this is damn boring. I couldnt agree them more :D

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17 AM »
Is there a server in public, that I can join in WMD? Because everytime I see "WMD server not working" message.
Or it's just like inviting friends only?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 01:09 AM »
All of the games aside from ranked 1 vs 1 are public games. I am not sure if you can even host private matches. You can invite friends to your game but sometimes you gotta be quick because randoms will join.

I don't know why any noobs/casuals would prefer W:A over WMD. WMD is far more accessible, not to mention the graphics are nicer and you can wear hats. :P

I have a huge list of complaints that about WMD but overall I think it's a very solid game and since it goes on sale all of the time, it's quite affordable. I also love being able to zoom in and out. Once you get used to that in newer Worms titles, going back to not being able to zoom in and out really sucks.