Forums > General discussion

Any play Worms W.M.D?

<< < (2/2)

wza:

--- Quote from: WTF-8 on January 11, 2019, 07:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: wza on January 11, 2019, 07:52 AM ---I currently am on a mac and don't know how to get WA installed on it.
--- End quote ---
just in case https://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_Mac_OS_X

--- End quote ---

Thanks that took hours to get working. Don't know about wine. But WA is running, catch me around ag. As for WMD I only played a little bit, didn't get a rope based game only default. But roping around in default seemed fun. The match making lobby sucks, but I can see potential in the game being cool! Hit me up on here for some WA or WMD if someone wants to show me the "ropes".

skunk3:
I play WMD fairly regularly. It's definitely worth playing. W:A purists / elitists are going to badmouth it no matter what but meh. It's not perfect but is it fun? Sure.

Tomi:
About a month ago I organized a w:a lan party at my company. Or well we were playing on a laptop only, like in the old times. The funny thing that we started to play some full wormage / mine madness, then we moved to the new fancy wmd.. The best part was that not me, but my colleagues who have not played worms for decades, said that lets move back to wa, because this is damn boring. I couldnt agree them more :D

Mega`Adnan:
Is there a server in public, that I can join in WMD? Because everytime I see "WMD server not working" message.
Or it's just like inviting friends only?

skunk3:
All of the games aside from ranked 1 vs 1 are public games. I am not sure if you can even host private matches. You can invite friends to your game but sometimes you gotta be quick because randoms will join.

I don't know why any noobs/casuals would prefer W:A over WMD. WMD is far more accessible, not to mention the graphics are nicer and you can wear hats. :P

I have a huge list of complaints that about WMD but overall I think it's a very solid game and since it goes on sale all of the time, it's quite affordable. I also love being able to zoom in and out. Once you get used to that in newer Worms titles, going back to not being able to zoom in and out really sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version