Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:33 PM

Poll

On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with 3.8?

10 Very Happy
17 (47.2%)
7 (19.4%)
4 (11.1%)
2 (5.6%)
2 (5.6%)
5 Reasonably
1 (2.8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 Very disappointed
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: November 02, 2020, 08:41 PM

Author Topic: Are you happy with 3.8?  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Kradie

Are you happy with 3.8?
« on: August 04, 2020, 08:41 PM »
I am curious to hear from you, are you happy with the release of 3.8? Did it meet your expectation? Was it all you hoped for? Could it had been more or less?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
Re: Are you happy with 3.8?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 09:27 PM »
I've tested v3.8 on the cd-release and while I haven't unlocked those new cheats yet, I'm declared to admit:

1) higher frame-rate makes the game, especially roping, really smooth,
2) now everybody has the ability of using the /arrows in-game chat command, thanks to the fact wk_rubber_worm's built-in now by default,
3) the /open command has gained superior functionality now, while it allows you to change the host's name, what's very useful when you suddenly want to play something else, especially when players voted for it.

That's all from me now according to v3.8, I feel I'll be able to tell something more later, when I'll get in touch with the physics variables :D

...even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible... ...

Offline Talon79

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:37 AM »
A great work.. Just missed Projectx   :/

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 11:48 AM »
scheme making spoiled me, sorry, 1/10

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 03:41 PM »
I did have my share fair of expectation based on the official intelligence provided by the developers, nonindependent leaks, gossip, and my own assumption. So because not everything came to ''me'' as ''expected'' of the update, I therefore do confess myself slightly disappointed in deluding myself.
I am no mean a programmer, and an expert on how things are done in developing a game. I am sure that the amount of hard work put into making this update a reality was difficult task. I am also pretty sure my entire point now will make me sound like that I am very ungrateful because I am not far from it. But is it really that tough of a job to make it so you can customize weapon power beyond its current limit as you can do in Worms 2? To have a higher health crate value than 255_ A higher worm health value than 255? To change fall damage value in the game instead of going to TUS to change FD?  I mean these things sound easy to change on paper, but hey what do I know.

Also what is this I am hearing? That the 3.8 update was completed 3 years ago but never released to the public? What's up with that?

Again, I am not disappointed, just a bit bewildered and slightly disappointed.

I voted 8 btw. I am fond and grateful of this update, so thank you.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:43 PM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 08:06 PM »
...just unlocked 'fw' and the huge set of variables lurking behind the extra star just amazed me, and it'll probably take a week at least to get a hang of'em all - there's really nothing to complain about v3.8, thanks again for the fantastic work guys <3
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:33 PM by GrO »

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 09:18 AM »
I am not happy with this version, especially since Skunk and readyworm were ignoring my claims of being a Monolith, especially towards this version. Don't ya see, Kradie - i feel like STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED about 3.8. That version left an unremovable pain string in me. I don't need an instail to prove that, you already saw me zerking at people with 10000% of my usual non-tolerance before that sticky patch was released.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 05:43 PM »
I'm very happy with 3.8. But I will be happier when some useful modules are 100% compatible with 3.8 (for example, Kawooshi kick etc.).

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2020, 05:56 PM »
I'm very happy with 3.8. But I will be happier when some useful modules are 100% compatible with 3.8 (for example, Kawooshi kick etc.).
...have you seen wkKick38 thread?