Forums
March 28, 2024, 07:42 PM

Author Topic: Background legends  (Read 2259 times)

Offline TheKaren

Background legends
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Never really thought about this until now.

How many of these incredible map designers have you guys actually played with?

They contribute such stunning maps to the community and never seem to get involved with forums/leagues so they pretty much just stalk the darkness...

I thought about it when looking at Stressfish maps, i've never ever(that I recall) saw Stressfish online, but he makes some of the nicest maps i've ever saw, he must surely be experienced cuz his maps don't just look awesome, they play really well, so this guy obviously knows what he's doing, which means he's played the game quite a bit obviously...

There are loads of these guys who maps you have definitely played, but you've never saw the designer...

Where are all these talented wormers then? What do they do?

I'm beginning to wonder if TUS is basically like pop music(mainstream) and there is a whole underground of WA players we don't even know about that just avoid us cuz we're lame lol.

Offline Dr Abegod

Re: Background legends
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 11:42 AM »
MG designed maps like this: http://wmdb.org/maps/21094-full
But he is just a russian noob sometimes seen hosting intermediate parties full of other noobs. It's just about killing worms and having fun..  I very much think the same goes for MnP - the best map designer(s) ever (thinking graphically). They dont center on special schemes with special strategies, just basic worming.
I guess these leagues and forums took worms to another level, and these guys arent nerdy/competitive enough to be interested.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:46 AM by Dr Abegod »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 11:51 AM »
http://www.wmdb.org/maps/27359-full  - Mnp

http://www.wmdb.org/8476 - x920MikeyB

http://www.wmdb.org/4985 - PRworms

Look at the details of the first map. Great stuff. Meat n' Potatoes ftw.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 12:07 PM »
and here we are having Noon in PoC :P
he's gone somewhere now, but still

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:32 PM »
Yeah MnP is another level of map design.

I was looking at maps today and saw Noon has made a lot of nice looking maps yeah.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 12:45 PM »
I saw wnL`Stressfish. I know MikeyB for years and I saw him online not so long ago. pr was inactive for a long time

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Wow, I just saw Sressfish in AG, noticed his tag wormnetLegends, totally a coincedence I didn't realize when I called this thread Background legends haha.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01 PM »
I lake maps by ViolatoR, but never seen him. He definitely a guy of electronics, would like to talk about it with him.

Also Gargoyle, great name, great maps and great symbol/grave/logo/dunno.

This does not apply to our rising star Noon coz he is here xD

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36 PM »
Once when I played worms world party yet, I dreamed to meet w3w kevin, then he joined dP and my worms dream came true. I  am 100% satissfied now. I think once I even met Punisher but maybe it was fake.
Anyway nowadays all "new" maps are just gay or remakes with putting different colour or smt.. Simple boring.   The only exception is Berria who did very good job with wxw maps and some ttrr as well

Offline lalo

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Played a lot of games with wnL guys and Punisher, he had some fast taps but wasn't into leagues like wqw.

My man to go is Berria, raised the bar with his wxw maps and helped to develop the skills needed to a point where any mistake means losing the game. Anyways, wnL had one or two maps really hard until this day.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 02:56 PM »
I played with franz a while back ago. He's such a nice guy, it was awesome warming on his map alongside him :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Played a lot of games with wnL guys and Punisher, he had some fast taps but wasn't into leagues like wqw.

My man to go is Berria, raised the bar with his wxw maps and helped to develop the skills needed to a point where any mistake means losing the game. Anyways, wnL had one or two maps really hard until this day.

I like Punisher's maps more than Berria's :D I kinda hate that scheme anyway

Offline Stressfish

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 06:26 PM »
I never check this forums, but just had a game with SiD who told me about this thread.

Unfortuantely, all the other players of wnL - as mentioned Mune, punisher, xXxBenderXx - are not active anymore. I'm a relic from another time and the last of my kind ;)

wormnetLegends was founded by wnLxstrohrum - back the days... I don't remember - I think it was the year 2005. At that time, wnL was indeed a very succesful clan with a lot of good, but in particular, cordial players. Strohrum was a guy from Austria which I even met in real, after playing in a clan - called DMW - with him in W:WP for quite a long time. When I was visiting him in Austria one day, he told me about his plans to incorporate a new clan, called wnL, consisting of the "best" (obviously in the eye of the beholder ;)) players of wormNet - the wormNET Legends. The clan's vision may sounds conceited, but we were a really nice community!  :) At this time I was playing for WaR. Maybe WaRxSTARxWORxMxS is a name for some of you, the "inventor" of w2w and wxw. However, I've joined wnL right from the beginning.

Indeed, I'm playing this game for quite too long already. And it's actually one of the very few games I play, since I have a very busy life outside of the wormNET. However, this game has something very special, which let me enjoy if even after 18 years: a dedicated community full of nice players. I saw a lot of good people go, but I'm very glad to meet new players almost daily and see one or the other old player return.

I very appreciate the nice words and am happy to hear, that - at least - some people like the maps I do.

See you guys at #AG!

Keep on roping,
wnLxStressfish

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2017, 07:56 PM »
I never check this forums, but just had a game with SiD who told me about this thread.

Unfortuantely, all the other players of wnL - as mentioned Mune, punisher, xXxBenderXx - are not active anymore. I'm a relic from another time and the last of my kind ;)
mune was active a year ago

Offline Ryan

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 12:02 AM »
Mune = Swedish?