Forums
March 29, 2024, 09:42 AM

Poll

Do you think people should be in WNET if they aren't at their computers?

Yes, life just cannot exist without reading PM's from a day ago.
No, it wasn't my lifes ambition to talk to brick walls.
I honestly don't care.

Author Topic: Being idle on WNET?  (Read 2514 times)

Offline TheKaren

Being idle on WNET?
« on: December 17, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Just curious what people honestly think about this.

Offline Xrayez

Re: Being idle on WNET?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:12 AM »
I think it's ok as long as people set their status as "Away" with corresponding message in snoopers, otherwise it does feel like talking to ghosts, or to yourself.  :-[

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:03 AM »
If there was no bots and idle ppl, WormNET would count whole 2 members in "currently online list".. 
Just imagine that demotivating picture and think about it ;)

It sucks when everyone is afk, but I like to see those names anyway. Gives me false impression of an active game.

Long live snoopers.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 11:52 AM »
We all should have multiple snoopers open to make the game look more active XD
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 12:45 PM »
snoopers were made to let ppl chat and host even if they are not at worms or they are in game,  NOT to show ppl "hey I am cool I am on wormnet now, PM me comon"  - but then - silent , ppl cant use snoopers, it should be banned it only piss other ppl,  1 on 10 answer on snooper, no sense at all, they are like cybershadow.  Your idea is not to make game more active but to make more shitty

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 01:57 PM »
I can see why people sit on IRC channels like #Worms even though they aren't there, mainly, it's not a place where people meet or look for others to play games, it's interesting to come back and read what everyone has been talking about, aslo, if I remember correctly, you can see the entire conversation from the moment you joined not just a certain amount back like Snooper etc.

Imagine if everything in real life worked the same way, we all just had a life size cut out of ourselves placed at every place we visit, the mall, the cafe, our jobs, school, sport venues etc, and it's only purpose is to show that we exist, it's just sad and disappointing lol, it's a bit cocky and desperate tbh.

I wish WNET would remove people who have been inactive for like 30 minutes, would be nice to join AG and know that everybody there, is actually there actively, or at least at their computer and would respond or tell you they are busy, sucks when you see a friend and get a little excited to play a game, but 90% of the time you message them you get no reply.

What makes it even worse, you sometimes see them randomly host games, so they didn't even bother to check/respond to messages anyway, so what is the point even being there AFK?

Or the worst, people join the channel and go AFK immediately.

If you ask me it's just rude, lazy, a bad habit or whatever lol, but we just live with it, these people will never change their ways  :D ;D ::)

And for people that ignore you because they don't want to talk to you, they should just man up and tell you they don't like you and don't wanna speak to you, stop being ignorant pussies.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:59 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Anubis

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 02:15 PM »
I hate it. I loved the time prior to snooper. People you see in #AG are people you can play with if you whisper them or ask. I have used a snooper in the past but stopped using it shortly after again because most of the time I was whispered by people that usually expect me to be there and thus I decided to only have my "real" name there when I am actually there and ready to play.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 04:43 PM »
My sweet cookies, I only thought the idea of multiple signed in snoopers from everyone would be kind of funny to see in a full channel.  The only purpose for me to use a snooper is to be summoned by foes and friends for leagues and games (Lag). Not everyone that has a official mainstream communication platform like skype or discord to convey messages through. So snoopers can come in handy for this very purpose for them.
I also agree it is rude and disrespectful of many that remains idle on snooper without giving a beep of life to the ones that talks to them. It can be the Worms Armageddon Elite Syndrome (WAES), where players will only communicate with respected intellects and shun the lesser ones even if they ask for games. Although this is a only pure speculation. I know there people on this forum that do not have it in their heart to desire new friendship on Worms.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 05:35 PM »
The only purpose for me to use a snooper is to be summoned by foes and friends for leagues and games (Lag). Not everyone that has a official mainstream communication platform like skype or discord to convey messages through. So snoopers can come in handy for this very purpose for them.

Yes, I thought this was the purpose of snooper, and ok in my eyes to have it running while you are at your computer but perhaps doing other stuff like watching films, playing another game, waiting on your friends or whatever to login and message you, then you can have a game.

But people these days just leave it running even when they aren't at their computer, probably not even in their house.

I just think it's ridiculous for AG to be full of non-interactive skeletons.

You are definitely correct there, these cowards will never admit it, but lots of people who ignore messages, it's the same in real life too, i'd rather someone just be honest and say "f**k off, I don't wanna talk to you" cuz at least you won't bother wasting your time in future.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Hahaha calling ppl cowards cause they're afk or don't wanna msg back. My god.. These posts getting better and better, Komo. I'm enjoying. Like you're on rampage last few weeks. 

Tomi, just add automatic away status when someone doesn't appear in snooper for 10-20 mins. I know there's manual button, but hardly anyone can be bothered, or even remember, to press it when they're out. Apparently some ppl find that..offensive and toxic!? Lol.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 08:53 PM »
Sensei, really, you should try paying close attention to the words I use and how I use them.

I did not say someone is a coward just because they don't reply to you.

I said they are cowards if they don't want to talk to you, this means they actually see the message and just don't bother responding, if you don't like someone, or are busy doing something, just tell them you are busy or to stop messaging you, it's a very simple concept.

A simple "I'm busy" or "I don't want to talk to you", would suffice.

But this is the world we live in today, people ignore you unless they want something from you, people take but they don't give, they forget good things you done, but remember the bad things.

Edit - Judging by the poll results so far, I don't think I am the only person who feels this way.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 08:55 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 10:33 PM »
Lets thank Tomi for Away feature not working proprly.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 12:08 AM »
I’m that guy that idles in ag and doesn’t respond to msgs :-*

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 01:37 AM »

But this is the world we live in today, people ignore you unless they want something from you, people take but they don't give, they forget good things you done, but remember the bad things.

this is so damn true, mate :(

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 09:21 AM »
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:48 PM by TheKomodo »