Forums
April 25, 2024, 03:24 PM

Author Topic: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!  (Read 7006 times)

Re: Bot for Newbies on #AG. We need a pro to write IT !!!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2015, 02:13 AM »
I am going to change the welcome message following what Senetor did pm me. However, it will still link to this topic.
I do not fancy spamming 10 times to new users the same message. Maybe 3 times would do it.

Offline Senator

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2015, 11:28 AM »
I am going to change the welcome message following what Senetor did pm me.

If someone got a better idea, go ahead. The message could be 437 characters but it would look quite long. This message would be 376 characters:

"Welcome Maxusernameeeeee to WormNet! If you have any problem, read this tutorial: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/dos-help/newbie-guide-book-26874/ Register also at tus-wa.com to play in leagues and cups! These game modes are played in TUS league: Shopper, Roper, Elite, Hysteria, TTRR, WxW, Team17, BnG. You can find the rules of the game modes here: http://worms2d.info/Schemes"

A link to a snooper might be a good idea as well..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:35 AM by Senator »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2015, 07:22 AM »

Definitly.

Offline rU`

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2015, 09:19 AM »

Definitly.

Nah...  New people need just to get familiar with the schemes (and the people) ...  If I were a newbie and you spam me with a bunch of weird shit I wouldn't give a f@#!. Snoopers are not needed in those first stages. As soon as they start playing and getting familiar with the atmosphere, they will realize there are snoopers and what not.
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2015, 10:47 AM »
No way man. The snooper was a huge thing for me when i found it.
It was a big positive change for use comparing to the old game lobby
which is totally shit**cked.

Offline rU`

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2015, 12:54 PM »
Snoopers are annoying for newcomers. They come to the lobby and find lotta dead nicks in the list who are not playable with.

It might be a good/huge thing once they get familiar with the schemes.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:59 PM by rU` »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2015, 01:20 PM »
Quote from: Senator
Register also at tus-wa.com to play in leagues and cups!

Let's keep dumb advertisements away from welcome messages.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Quote from: Senator
Register also at tus-wa.com to play in leagues and cups!

Let's keep dumb advertisements away from welcome messages.
Why dumb? :o

Offline Senator

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2015, 03:10 PM »
I don't see a problem with "advertising" tus since there are no real rivals.

A scheme list is quite useless if the bot will send the message just 3 times so could replace that with a link to great snooper, for example. The message is ment not only for newcomers but also for those who have played for a while but don't know about tus or snoopers yet.

338 characters:
"Welcome to WormNet! If you have any problem, read this tutorial: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/dos-help/newbie-guide-book-26874/ Here`s info about the available game modes: http://worms2d.info/Schemes With WormNet snooper you can chat and enter games easier: http://worms2d.info/Great_Snooper If you want to play league games, visit tus-wa.com"

Edit: or why not "If you want to play league games, visit tus-wa.com or normalnonoobs.com"
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:25 PM by Senator »

Offline avirex

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2015, 06:48 PM »

Definitly.

Nah...  New people need just to get familiar with the schemes (and the people) ...  If I were a newbie and you spam me with a bunch of weird shit I wouldn't give a f@#!. Snoopers are not needed in those first stages. As soon as they start playing and getting familiar with the atmosphere, they will realize there are snoopers and what not.

surprisingly enough i do not agree with rU..

this game is old, its out dated, its far from catchy to anyone anymore...(even tho CS and DC update it, and try their best, nothing can take away from the fact of the game being 15+ years old)

IF a new player does find his way to w:a, we need to catch his attention right away, show him there is a good community, with leagues, and guys that are updating the game frequently, show them all the diversity in the game, and options of schemes, etc. show them we will help them learn, and guide them, etc.

maybe 15 years ago, 10 years ago.. even 5 years ago it was not such an important thing to catch newbs attention, but at this point in w:a it is VERY important, i cant stress that enough... without bringing new players to this game, i dont see w:a living much more then another 2 to 3 years, and that would be depressing for a lot of people.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Anyone can check how many new members allready registered on tus since this spambot works?

Online Triad

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Hey guys I have an idea.

I'm thinking to write a review for W:A on Steam, but I want to show the real face of the W:A completely with this review. Steam Summer Sale is coming soon, so if we create a great detailed review and everyone here using Steam gives +1 for it, maybe we can catch some attention of some people.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2015, 05:23 PM »
bring back !seen if you can fada

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2015, 05:30 PM »
bring back !seen if you can fada
That's something I agree with,100%

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2015, 09:38 PM »
!lastmessage <nick>
!lastaction <nick>
does that korydex