Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:29 PM

Author Topic: Can anyone help me with this? Modification in program to count enemy arsenal  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
There is a program to assist streamers in counting the weapons used by players:

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/display-weapons-on-intermediate-stream-32128/msg270469/#msg270469

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wl87eu3wb2w1pia/What%27s%20Used.zip?dl=0

I would like to use this program to get rid of making notes in another places (paper, smartphone) and stick to the game.

To make it work, I would play the game in windowed mode and use a software to keep it "always on top".

The idea of ​​a module that allows players to see the weapons used by the opponent is being discussed, but since I don't know if all my opponents will let me use something like this, I would like to have this option as an alternative.

I wanted to make a small change to this program, but I don't have enough knowledge to do so. I would like to reduce its size, to take up minimal space on the game screen. I would also like only the following weapons to appear (the ones I think it's most essential): rope, ws, jet pack, low gravity, dynamite, sheep, bat, parachute and bungee. I would like parachute and bungee to work the same way as the rope and the ws (it will help to use less space).

I drew a picture of how I would like the layout to look:

Anyone who has knowledge and can help, I will be very grateful. Also it can make life easier help another players who don't like to count enemy utilities in paper etc.

I managed, through the text file, to make some changes (change of size etc.), but I couldn't leave it exactly as I wanted.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:29 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKaren

The idea of ​​a module that allows players to see the weapons used by the opponent is being discussed, but since I don't know if all my opponents will let me use something like this, I would like to have this option as an alternative.

If TUS(MonkeyIsland) decided to make using stuff like this illegal on TUS League matches, or at the very least illegal via disagreement on it's use, would you still want to find a way to do it anyway?

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile

If TUS(MonkeyIsland) decided to make using stuff like this illegal on TUS League matches, or at the very least illegal via disagreement on it's use, would you still want to find a way to do it anyway?

What a question, omg. You think there is a chance for me to be a cheater*? If the opponent doesn't want me to use it, I don't. That simple!

* in the sense of breaking pre-established rules.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 09:15 AM by Albus »

Offline TheKaren

What a question, omg. You think there is a chance for me to be a cheater**? If the opponent doesn't want me to use it, I don't. That simple!

Then why do you need this if nizikawa is already making one that does exactly that?

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
What a question, omg. You think there is a chance for me to be a cheater**? If the opponent doesn't want me to use it, I don't. That simple!

Then why do you need this if nizikawa is already making one that does exactly that?

As I said. If my oponnent don't allow me use the module, i'll use this idea I had. Is there a problem with doing this? I'll manually track the enemy weapons, but instead of paper, i'll do it on computer screen. If there's a problem, let me know what it would be.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:19 PM by Albus »

Offline TheKaren

As I said. If my oponnent don't allow me use the module, i'll use it.....

That's all I needed to know, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:51 PM by Komito »

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile

You insist on looking for problems with my ideas. You treat me like a cheater.

If this is not allowed, would it also be prohibited to use chat to do the same thing (track weapon usage)? Things are getting boring around here...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:35 PM by Albus »

Offline cgar

"stuff like this" would need to include pens and paper then, since it is functionally identical.

Offline Kaleu

"stuff like this" would need to include pens and paper then, since it is functionally identical.

and block game chat cuz some nnn veterans never text chat to use it as notepad  :D
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline h3oCharles

Syc made some progress https://weapons.wormsleague.com/
source code https://github.com/cpetzold/wa-weapon-tracker

regarding Komito's argument, I've never seen a case where someone would be mad over writing down what the enemy did in the past in a turn-based strategy game... unless you can give me a concrete example that was well documented
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 04:20 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline TheKaren

regarding Komito's argument, I've never seen a case where someone would be mad over writing down what the enemy did in the past in a turn-based strategy game...

That's not even what my argument is. There is more depth to the points i've made.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
regarding Komito's argument, I've never seen a case where someone would be mad over writing down what the enemy did in the past in a turn-based strategy game...

That's not even what my argument is. There is more depth to the points i've made.

So, what is your concern when you said that:

You look worried about something. Why do you need to know this?

Offline Sensei

Why it would be cheat for him to write opponent's weapons in a program, instead on paper? Weren't you using thumb on monitor to aim in bng, Komo? Not attacking, just asking. In my eyes that's closer to cheating than what Albus is trying to do.

Offline TheKaren

I never said it was a cheat, though would like rules so using it literally would be cheating, though I doubt that is going to happen now. :D

There is a difference in using 3rd party software compared to using your body as the main tool to play the game.

Our bodies have limits that software doesn't.

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
I never said it was a cheat, though would like rules so using it literally would be cheating, though I doubt that is going to happen now. :D

There is a difference in using 3rd party software compared to using your body as the main tool to play the game.

Our bodies have limits that software doesn't.

Could you explain better what these limitations would be? How difficult is it to have a paper and make brief notes that don't take even 1 second? For example, I doubt that Dario has any difficulty making these notes he said he makes:

Other people print a paper with the names of the weapons, and the only job is to make a strikethrough on the used weapon:

The person can also use in-game chat to make brief abbreviated notes: ws, r1, r2 etc.

So... I would like to understand better why this method I seek is something so different from other manual methods.

I going to need my body to use the software. I will need to use the arm to move the mouse and my hand to click on the weapon used. The person who uses paper and pen also needs the same parts of the body to use pen and paper method.

The only reason I don't use pen and paper is that I don't like external resources that take my immersion out of the game. And this is something personal of mine. Other people may not mind.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:36 PM by Albus »