Forums
April 16, 2024, 07:26 PM

Author Topic: Can someone make me wormkit module for..  (Read 778 times)

Offline Sensei

Can someone make me wormkit module for..
« on: November 29, 2018, 07:25 PM »
..removal of petrol smoke effect?

Thx.

EDIT: if it would be considered as a cheat, nvm the question then. Although, I'm pretty sure no one even thought about this before.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:27 PM by Sensei »

Offline spleen17

Re: Can someone make me wormkit module for..
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:09 PM »
What's the advantage of no smoke?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 08:41 PM »
What's the advantage of no smoke?

Maybe it's only me, but feel like smoke sabotaged lot of my nade/zook fuses over the years.
So recently came to conclusion that it probably could be avoided if one of community "hackers" gets involved.
I just hate it, unnecessary addition on the screen. If MI and others decide it's unfair advantage - as said, forget about the question.

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 11:49 AM »
wow i have never thought about this... just for curiosity maybe an example replay of petrol smoke blocking vital info?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 12:11 PM »
In CS GO's petrol, smoke emits from fire. To be removed from ''a'' game would make the particular weapon less realistic. The requester of any hacks that could gain a favorable advantage would be unfair. It is like ''Hey, give me handicap because I am a little worse than you''. Then again, to remove smoke would clear the sight and path, leaving the player with ease of access. But to have smoke, will continue to second guess the player, and to prevent further progression of their worm(s). Which is the petrol's job to do.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Husk, just stand next to petrol smoke and throw nade/zook in target on other side of the map. Test if your aim gets screwed cause smoke "hides" your fuse.

Kradie, you never heard of range between low/ultra details. Competitive players, especially in fps genre that you mentioned always wanted to strip down game as much as they could. I remember call of duty 2 players were running thousands of different config files to make everything looks like shit just to gain smoothness, resolution was no bigger than 1024x768. Fortnite guys play on stretched res just to gain a wider sight and better fps..

Even you in worms pick black background instead of the one full of details. So, what's the point of your post then? I agree that in cs:go it would be a cheat if you don't see petrol smoke, but does this really makes a difference in wa? 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:09 PM by Sensei »

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 12:44 AM »
You can just use the Worms Armageddon Database editor and put a black image in place of the petrol
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!