Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:59 AM

Author Topic: Can't enter WormNET, banned message  (Read 693 times)

Offline ivofritsch

Can't enter WormNET, banned message
« on: January 13, 2020, 08:36 PM »
When I try to enter WormNET, I'm getting the message in the bottom Left:
*** Banned ***: temporary K-line 720 min - failed proxycheck.
And in the modal that appears on top there's the message:
Code: [Select]
Server Error:
Closing Link:
Ivo-Fritsch[Username@255.255.255.255]
(Banned)
I've recently purchased the game on Steam and only have played some matches

Offline WTF-8

Re: Can't enter WormNET, banned message
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:55 PM »
If you get a message that you're banned when connecting, check the green text in the message log at the left bottom corner. This usually happens when you, someone on your network or someone who had your IP address previously had a virus or open proxy on their computer. For that reason, your IP was added to a blacklist. This is done to prevent flooders, spammers and griefers from connecting to WormNET using public proxies and vulnerable/infected computers and causing trouble.

To remove your IP from the blacklists, visit DroneBL and EFnet RBL, submit your IP address (it should be filled in automatically) and, if you're listed, send a removal request. You should also scan your computer for viruses and malware, otherwise you'll be blacklisted and banned again. Once you removed yourself, just wait for your WormNET ban to expire (this currently takes 12 hours), and you should be able to connect again.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Can't enter WormNET, banned message
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:59 PM »
https://worms2d.info/Banned

oh WTF-8 was faster gj m8