Forums
April 18, 2024, 11:33 PM

Author Topic: Change Level's Texture ?  (Read 1012 times)

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
Change Level's Texture ?
« on: July 06, 2017, 09:43 AM »
Is there a way to change the texture ? Some level have glitched texture and some other is just ugly I never used so I want to change it 
I have Worm PX installed btw if that might help

Offline WTF-8

Re: Change Level's Texture ?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:57 AM »
What?
Could you provide screenshots and point fingers at what those textures are and how could they possibly be glitched? (press Pause/Break to screenshot)
There's a lot of things that one could call a texture and I'm not sure which one you're talking about.

meanwhile I'd try to make a guess and post this https://worms2d.info/Map_Editor_Guide , maybe it'd help
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:36 PM »
What?
Could you provide screenshots and point fingers at what those textures are and how could they possibly be glitched? (press Pause/Break to screenshot)
There's a lot of things that one could call a texture and I'm not sure which one you're talking about.

meanwhile I'd try to make a guess and post this https://worms2d.info/Map_Editor_Guide , maybe it'd help

The terrain texture - I can see stuff with 'sprite eddy' but don't know how to change it

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:45 PM »
Never used "sprite eddy" or anything similar to that, no idea how it works in here.
And yet I don't get it what are those "glitchy textures" you're talking about.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 04:25 PM »
Solution: don't play on oversaturated maps. Use maps of 65 colors or less.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:33 PM »
WTF-8, starting from 65 colors and more until the 3rd stage comes in, you can see glitches in the background... horizon is getting more white as more colors come in the map

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:22 PM »
Solution: don't play on oversaturated maps. Use maps of 65 colors or less.

All of my maps are 112 colors and is working fine - except when I choose "Music level" for example, it'd use the "beach" texture instead of "music" texture ( despite having background texture of the music level)

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 12:50 AM »
@TheMadCharles
I perfectly understand this, but I don't quite get what topicstarter is talking about.

@GeneralEcchi
Is this about in-game problems, or some sprites not correctly displaying in "scheme eddy" or whatever? It's a goddamn videogame, there are textures everywhere, I don't have a slightiest idea which one of thousands textures bugs on your side. Can't you just make a screenshot and show us what exactly is the problem, instead of forcing the whole community to play a guess game?

btw http://worms2d.info/Colour_map#Colour_limitation
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:52 AM by WTF-8 »

Offline GeneralEcchi

• Arr Pirate

• Sweden Sweden
  • ᔕᕮᕮK ᗩᑎᗪ ᗪᕮᔕTᖇOY !
    • View Profile
    • GenEcchi DA
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 01:09 AM »
@TheMadCharles
I perfectly understand this, but I don't quite get what topicstarter is talking about.

@GeneralEcchi
Is this about in-game problems, or some sprites not correctly displaying in "scheme eddy" or whatever? It's a goddamn videogame, there are textures everywhere, I don't have a slightiest idea which one of thousands textures bugs on your side. Can't you just make a screenshot and show us what exactly is the problem, instead of forcing the whole community to play a guess game?

btw http://worms2d.info/Colour_map#Colour_limitation

The screenshot button didn't work and using "print screen" would show an empty "WA.exe" window 

As I've described, the music level and some other have terrain texture display incorrectly

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Music and Retro Beach have the same Soil texture... watch out what are you talking about

also, you can use printscreen

Offline StepS

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 12:53 PM »
Do not use print screen. Press the Pause button, then get the screenshot from your User\Capture folder.
If it doesn't work, something is wrong with your game. For example, make sure its directories are writable.
Ultimately, you can enable Steam overlay in the game (even if it's not the steam edition of the game) and press the screenshot hotkey (F12 by default). It will always work.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:55 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Press the Pause button, then get the screenshot from your User\Capture folder.
If it doesn't work, something is wrong with your game.
this something is called Project X

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 03:08 PM »
What if you want to screenshot the frontend? *cough cough* known issue of SuperFrontendHD *cough cough*

Offline StepS

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 07:50 PM »
Press the Pause button, then get the screenshot from your User\Capture folder.
If it doesn't work, something is wrong with your game.
this something is called Project X
I did not see "Worm PX" in his post, that explains it.
You can use an external overlay to make a screenshot, such as Fraps (not recommended) or Steam, or any other DX capture program.
However, if you are using Project X, then your textures can not be glitched, or at least not as much as with the unmodified game. The game environment is rendered in 32-bit color. No wonder you aren't seeing too many glitches with 112-colour maps. However, other people would likely not want to play on your maps online.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 07:53 PM by StepS »
[...]

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 01:18 AM »
To all map authors:  If your map is for a scheme with destructible terrain, please for the love of god make it 65 colors or less.