Forums
April 24, 2024, 03:22 PM

Author Topic: ChatCleaner  (Read 1747 times)

Offline nappy

ChatCleaner
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Okay folks, you may find this tool useful, so I'd like to publish it here.

What the heck is this? This is tiny tool for removing chat conversations from a replay. You may choose if you want to remove the whole chat OR private conversations (PMs and team talk) only.

How to use? Just drag-and-drop replay file to the program file and it's done. It also works with console too (run program to get instructions).

Please report any bugs here, thanks.

edit: Download it from the WKB page: http://worms2d.info/ChatCleaner
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:37 AM by TenoriTaiga »

Offline eViL

Re: ChatCleaner
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Thank you very much for this useful tool :D

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:04 PM »
I would like to point out the possible drawbacks in case it gets into the wrong hands... People could easily get rid of the chat logs that might affect a moderator's decision in case of a complaint. Other then that, nice tool and good job.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I would like to point out the possible drawbacks in case it gets into the wrong hands... People could easily get rid of the chat logs that might affect a moderator's decision in case of a complaint. Other then that, nice tool and good job.

But if people complain and wish to make use of the chat used in a game, then a replay with the chat intact should be sent. This program erases all chat in a replay.

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:36 AM »
I see... Still I think someone could for instance diverse the opponent in the game chat or keep insulting him, then if the player wins could just erase the chat and report the game like that, so noone can see what happened.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Considering the sheer amount of games played, it will go unnoticed anyway if there's no complaint about it

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 11:32 AM »
And there's always the 2nd party's unmodified replay if any complaints about it happens.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Well, true. :)

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Nicky, is it possible to code an application which would allow to edit/add new lines to the chat, not only erase? oO
Not asking to do so, just curious. That'd be an evil tool, since it could be used by both parties. :>
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:49 PM by van »

Offline nappy

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Yeah, it is. Actually, at first I wanted to implement this feature, but this would lead to unfair usage indeed.

Offline nappy

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Program has been updated, new version is now available in first post.