Forums
May 17, 2024, 08:20 AM

Author Topic: Classy. eS WO 2012.  (Read 8980 times)

Offline theredi

Re: Classy. eS WO 2012.
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 08:13 AM »
maybe kaleu plays on pc and notebook same time with 2 accounts so he can get free wins with random naps ;D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 08:36 AM »
Skipped through this, I agree with avirex, I don't play WA seriously anymore because of clans and people like eS and it's members, I am such a nice guy in real life, but my frustration and anger at clans and people like eS and many more on this game bring the worst out in me, and I refuse to let that happen anymore, I am not a f@#!ing kid anymore, I can't stand spending my time on a game with brainless evil backstabbing c@#!s day in day out.

eS, take note of this:

What you are doing actually influences other people to copy the same behavioral patterns.

I have played this game since July 1999, I was lucky enough to be a part of this game before things like YouTube and f@#!ing Facebook etc were around, back when being part of something like this was inspiring, full of so many many talented and wonderful people, right now I am almost about to become successful in music, it's been my dream since I was 5 years old,  people like Link, Avatar, M3ntal, ropa, wormf00d, Mablak, OutofOrder, lalo, oldsock, avirex(back in the day), deano, Jmoberg, TheWalrus and TheFudo, dogma, Nimmer/BigC TheSheriFF, Bud, Rhy, Dw33b,  fabrousse and TheClash, and many many many many more... Have made me who the f@#! I am today, they have helped shaped the nice side of my personality, the sharing funny interesting and talented side.

I was one of the lucky ones, what the hell do people have to gain from the community of WA these days? Arguements? Cheating? Aliasing? Bad Sportsmanship? Clan-Hopping and changing name every month? f@#!ing Karma?!?! Avoiding? Free wins? The list goes on and on...

Young kids in their teens are mostly at a stage in their life where the biggest part of their personalities are influenced by the people they spend time with and the activities they do, I REALLY feel sorry for the younger generation of WA addicts.

I will take this game and the friendships to my grave when I die, this goes to ALL the old timers, it's been a f@#!ing pleasure and an honor, seriously.

Offline Balee

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Well said.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04 AM »
wow, that was so true Komo  :'(

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:13 AM by Berria »

Offline Tomi

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10 AM »
I don't play WA seriously anymore because of clans and people like eS and it's members
Interesting.. when we were playing clanner, you seemed to be enjoying the game and there were no problems. Just to make you remember, you had those bng problems not with us.. so I can't understand you now..

By the way anyone here could make a nice list from people he/she likes in this community, because there are a lot of nice people around here. Before W:A I played an other game online, but I stopped it, coz there were only clumsy childs playing there. When I started playing this game, I didn't take it seriously, coz it were already an old game, but I couldn't stop playing it, coz I've met a good guy every day (in last time the eS members).

To be honest, I can't remember a topic what eS started to cry about something. Maybe because we don't have any problems with the others or better: we don't open useless topics like this one, coz these topics always make this community a little bit worse.. So we usually solve our problems at our private forum, but there is always a spy (we know who made the screenshots now.. you would be really surprised guys, but I won't write his name) in our team  who opens topics like this and make our reputation bad.. but who cares about that.. the worse thing that they make the community worse.

ps.: it's very funny for me that you want always a spy in our team, coz YOU are interested what we are doing.  :D

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22 AM »
at least there is always some action and you have something to discuss :D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2012, 10:28 AM »
Tomi, I have no problems with you, obviously there are some nice players in eS, but not many.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2012, 10:29 AM »
What's the actual problem with someone playing under a different nickname on WO? Or even multiple nicknames. As long he/she doesn't get free wins against his/her other nick, I don't see any advantages.

Also, creating new rules to hand out punishments after the game ended is incredibly childish and unfair.

Not like I care about WO, or I think that it should be played like some of my clanmates do, but these punishments are unfair. Rules should be formed before the game starts, not after. Maybe some people should think twice before preaching about manner.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Well said, too.

Offline Balee

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2012, 11:52 AM »
Prankster: There are so many problems with aliasing that I won't even bother listing them all. They include, however, giving FFie a lot more work, and outright lying to others. And if lying isn't a punishable thing, nothing is.
Also, please refer to my long post where I mentioned it several times that this isn't a new rule. This is a rule that's been around for ages. But sure, let's say for a moment that "been around for ages" isn't a valid reason. As far as I know, aliasing is forbidden on TUS. You play TUS, so does most - if not all - of the players involved in aliasing cases. I kept being reminded during WO how popular and influential TUS is. "Hey, is this the TUS scheme?" "TUS rules?" I had occasions when people would tell me that something is allowed in TUS, so why isn't it allowed in WO, or why am I even complaining that they did what they did. It appeared that enthusiastic TUS players consider TUS the one and only source of rules, schemes and various other things. That being said, why is it that some people assumed the usage of Wormkit modules during WO games, even though the description didn't call for using them, was acceptable because it is in TUS, but none of you seem to have assumed aliasing may just be outruled in WO, as it is here - and rightfully so. Furthermore, again, as I said in my long post, it's not that you didn't get any warnings. Both sm0k and Tavo001 had been punished for aliasing, not entirely sure when, but definitely not towards the end of WO. Maybe even before the half point. You are saying, that none of you involved - either directly or indirectly - have ever taken a look at the player standings, notice sm0k - who was in the top 30, if not higher, so he most likely was visible for most of you unless your resolution is 800x600 -, notice him having a red score, get curious what it means, read the reason why he was penalized, and then put one and one together and think "herp derp aliasing isn't allowed"? Are you really saying that people like you guys, some of you who are so competitive it may well be unhealthy, have never did all this? I'd find that hard to believe. At least one of the eS members had to read it, and then go like "lololol sm0k got punished" with the rest of you wondering and then checking why. If you didn't, then... wow, it's a miracle you realized eS had more points than RoH, because it'd mean you were entirely oblivious to the standings.
You're saying punishments are unfair. I say aliasing is unfair. Punishments only affect a handful of people. Aliasing affects the entire community. Those who can't figure out which is more important don't deserve being part of the WA community, in my opinion.

Offline Peja

« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2012, 11:56 AM »
come on es its enough crying about this penalty. sm0k was penalized on the first week (http://wormolympics.com/t694)! even kaleus alias was removed from the list to avoid getting punished. and scorpus already said he warned him. so dont act like you are surprised. in any competion you sign in with 1 nick  otherwise result gets deleted.

besides this case, you still have medal points for gusanos (who never appeared on any es rooster) and bryan from a tourney (http://wormolympics.com/t924#results)  with not enough players (twy played with 2 nicks on a tourney with 16 players) . so even without this deserved penalty you would have lost the race with roh.
was damm close, you did a nice job. be happy with this acchievement and gg.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:58 AM by Peja »
VoK: i have now beer so my rope will be perfect.
 VoK: will do ttrr every map under 30s

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2012, 12:08 PM »
lol @this debate :).
It takes 5 page for eS to understand alias=bad... Aww wait.. they still didn't get it :D.
I'll try to make it understandable:
alias=bad
avoiding=bad
If you bad boy and alias you get punished by evil mod.
Seriously, if we go this way one day we will have a rule like that:
"While playing a game, killing your opponent in real life does not count as a win."

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28 PM »
"While playing a game, killing your opponent in real life does not count as a win."

LOL  :D

Offline theredi

« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2012, 01:12 PM »
Rules should be formed before the game starts, not after. Maybe some people should think twice before preaching about manner.

u speak like people who get burned by tea and make complaint coz they didint know it was hot...

maybe sm1 can say: why u didint tell me that i have to take care of my child before having sex after it is born??

Offline Anubis

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2012, 01:50 PM »
Rules should be formed before the game starts, not after. Maybe some people should think twice before preaching about manner.

u speak like people who get burned by tea and make complaint coz they didint know it was hot...

maybe sm1 can say: why u didint tell me that i have to take care of my child before having sex after it is born??

Actually, if you order a tea and the service doesn't tell you that the tea is very hot it is a valid complaint when you burn your tongue.